First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

Bolt Issue… 

The folks at Ewheels are swapping the motor mount bolts for all their orders.  I asked them to go ahead and ship mine without the upgrade.  I guess I’ll do the swap myself down the road.   Cool they gave me the option though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Bolt Issue… 

The folks at Ewheels are swapping the motor mount bolts for all their orders.  I asked them to go ahead and ship mine without the upgrade.  I guess I’ll do the swap myself down the road.   Cool they gave me the option though.

Bolt? What's wrong with V13 now? :D First problems already?

Edited by Funky
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Funky said:

Bolt? What's wrong with V13 now? :D First problems already?

It's the same issue , they sent us the same picture we have on the forums that was torn down the other company  and not put back together properly or over torqued.

It was amateur hour with the ryobi impact gun remember?

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's the same issue , they sent us the same picture we have on the forums that was torn down the other company  and not put back together properly or over torqued.

It was amateur hour with the ryobi impact gun remember?

Haven't been following much V13 lately.. As i got bored with it already. (Bored in sense as i won't be owning one ever - not because of being bad wheel, but because of it's size/weight.) :) 

• Like 1

If I go visit Poland (not too far from you). I’ll bring the V13 and you can give it a go.

BTW as my gear comes in I’ve been practicing with it on while on the balance board.

846FFB09-D67E-4932-8D9B-5E0BB6431266.jpeg.7b7958a848ceffa12cc7d8e216826719.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Josiah said:

Bolt Issue… 

geez, let them do it :(

On 2/2/2023 at 9:16 PM, Uras said:

geez, let them do it :(

Smart move yes but I’ll be a test case for stock batch one V13.

:popcorn:
They took possession of the container today.  Should ship Monday.

:eff006f726: :whistling: 

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

This is up there with the biggest exercises delayed gratification I’ve experienced.

Yes, all EUCers gain massive XP in advanced delayed gratification. Be careful though, not all of that is in the pre-orders - sometimes it's in waiting for parts after a crash ! When my Master finally rocked up a full 4 months after I ordered it, I was glued to the window like a hawk until I saw the van !

So go easy tomorrow, but enjoy the most anticipated delivery date of your life (since the wedding, if that applies!) !!!

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

• Josiah changed the title to I Cheated: Beginner Starting Out on a V13
On 1/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, Josiah said:

A1180366-976F-4CDE-A9B1-26896AE3A49D.thumb.jpeg.418b4f9c69fe1d5fbb01dd9ccdeb5529.jpeg

(update)Feb 5

I cheated.  One day before wheel ships out  my buddy let me borrow his wheel to practice.  The 18XL with neoprene cover.  I’ll add some videos but ended up going 10-12 miles from  fee launch and no real falls.  Heard one beep 6 miles in and slowed up.  Went fast between and slow (normal walking speed) before, during and after passing pedestrians.  Still a bit off balance wobbles but my dream of just going some place on the wheel day 1 happened.  I did have a full face helmet, , motorcycle jacket,  Leatt knee guards, and some good winter gloves.  (Would have had wrist guards too but they came in the wrong size).  All the gear on the first go helped me feel safe to just go for it but in terms of stabilizing speed)

But it Just was not not on the V13.  I couldn’t wait and had to take the opportunity to practice on a smaller wheel.  I’m hooked.  Thanks to all your help here on the forum.  4 months of reading and thinking about euc helped me feel natural on the wheel.  I think I’ve reached lvl 2 rank PV2

DC361599-669B-422A-BA12-8782AB0524EC.jpeg.1c1a501a6da350e28b3f9abb7086a983.jpeg

59AB2834-FEFD-49D3-944D-9FD2F3CCEF75.thumb.jpeg.bc3bacd19c0a0e4e79566b4e335c2ad5.jpeg

(Original Post). 
Hey All, getting close to ship date for my first wheel.  The InMotion V13 Challenger.

Most of the advice I’ve seen on here would be to start with a smaller wheel.  But I couldn’t resist going with a top contender after seeing Hsiang’s announcement video back after the initial press release from InMotion. 

I’ve got large Grizzla flow pads.  And Clark seat/bumper setup.  After learning from you guys I may start out without any power pads until I can control the wheel but use the bumpers to protect the wheel.

Might start slow with only wrist guards or might go full gear.  Also really like the idea of going around a pole or tree forwards and backwards then off the pole onto open grass as opposed to the wall/ hallway/ shopping cart options.  Also thinking of leaving the settings on default to start with. 

Plan to document my learning experience with you all along the way.

Thanks for all the advice!  And I’m eager to hear your thoughts.

Some factors:

About me 5’7 170lbs age 39

Regular heavy lifting in my profession.(handyman/general contractor)

Non EUC balancing skills that I rate my level as moderate in:

skate board and half pipe

ski and snowboard

bmx bike and mountain bike

rough water stand up paddle board

14” - 48” drywall finishing stilts

Awesome that you got some time on a smaller and lighter wheel. That will make a big difference now that you've actually been riding. 

• Like 2

@Josiah I just got in from my first time on a V13, man it’s fantastic, but it’s going to be very difficult as a first wheel…….. not trying to be discouraging just being realistic. I hope you’re a strong willed individual. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It's not cheating if it's riding!

Just don't push speed too much too soon—it's a bit like learning your trade... you have to be patient and practice or you make a mess.

But unlike getting proficient at mudding drywall, learning to ride is fun!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cerbera said:

go easy tomorrow, but enjoy the most anticipated delivery date of your life (since the wedding, if that applies!) !!!

Thanks Cerbera, since the wedding (we eloped) or any of the last three kiddos first birthdays!

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

But unlike getting proficient at mudding 

I enjoy my work, It’s an art!  Didn’t always love it though that took a while and still it stresses me out. 

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

• Josiah changed the title to First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13