Questions on the V12 HT

Nostris

A couple of questions I hope you all can answer for me about the V12 HT. Firstly, what position does the wheel have to be placed in to do the calibration..and is there any special procedure for this?   
Secondly…On the INMOTION app, and the wheel touch screen for pedal settings..Is 100% full Soft or full Hard? I read somewhere that it had been changed on the V12 series.   Many thanks in advance. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nostris said:

what position does the wheel have to be placed in to do the calibration..and is there any special procedure for this?

There are two types of calibrations:

(1) most common one relates to leveling the pedals. Set the wheel on its parking stand.

(2) motor calibration:  set the wheel on its side.  The tire will rotate back and forth on it's own.

Instructions are provided in the app.

3 hours ago, Nostris said:

On the INMOTION app, and the wheel touch screen for pedal settings..Is 100% full Soft or full Hard? I read somewhere that it had been changed on the V12 series.   Many thanks in advance. 

100% is full hard on my V12.

At 0% full soft, the pedals would dip a lot when you torque it.

But this is so easy to verify on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

So what does the”balance assist” mode do?  Or more correctly, what is it supposed to do?  I (new rider) can’t tell the difference.  I can tell the difference in the 2 main modes now though!  

9 hours ago, Jkay said:

So what does the”balance assist” mode do?  Or more correctly, what is it supposed to do?  I (new rider) can’t tell the difference.  I can tell the difference in the 2 main modes now though!  

When the kill switch is also enabled in settings, if you press the kill switch, the wheel stops self-balancing, and you can either lift up the wheel without it free-spining or you can lower the the wheel onto its parking stand.

If the "balance assist" is enabled, when you lowered the wheel onto its parking stand, the motor will take up some of weight of the wheel as you lower the wheel onto the kick stand. The weight of the wheel won't just free fall. The motor is still engaged; if you let it, the wheel will actually roll backwards slowly.

I don't use "balance assist". I can hardly tell that it is working. The only sure way that I know it is working, is let it go backwards. So, for me, I find this feature rather useless. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Thanks Techyiam,  I have had the V12 for several months and while learning I hoped it was a magical feature that made it easier to learn.  My wheel does try to go backwards slowly, now I know why! Think I will follow your lead and just turn that puppy off.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, guess what I found?  In the InMotion app, there is a quite complete manual.  Holy smokes, I am not the most techogeek but not a rock either.  So why does the wheel have to be Bluetooth connected to see the manual…..  and if it took me 3 months to wander upon it,  might could be done better Mr InMotion.