Putting pads on my V12HT

KiwiMark

OK, I've put Velcro on each side in the obvious area, but it doesn't seem high enough for my Clark Pads or my Grizzla Flow Compact pads.  There is the padding near the top, feels like vinyl or similar - what does everyone do with that?  Remove? Put Velcro over the vinyl? If you remove, does it become an issue that the wheel doesn't stick out as far near the top?

Before I go any further, I thought it was best to check with the other V12 owners on these forums to see how they have done it.  Go ahead, enlighten me, guys.

OK, playing around with my Grizzla pads, they are pretty much working, just hanging over the top of the Velcro area a bit.

Can anyone post a pic of how their Grizzla Flow Compact pads are placed on their V12?

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested:

I set up my pads with a heap of room to move my feet/legs and rode a few hundred km, I worked out what helps for stability.  I've now moved my pads in & down and have my feet locked in pretty good, with my right foot further forward than my left foot - this seems to help for stability.  I've never tried jumping before, but now with my pads set up tighter I am able to, will start carefully practising this new (for me) skill.

I have the bottom of my Grizzla pads slightly rubbing the NyloNove pedals when I fold them up, this provides a little friction that gets the pedals to stay folded and it puts the pads in the right place to hold my feet.  Seems to be working pretty nice I think.

• Like 1