Firmware update - did anyone experience any problems?

Seba

I have quite a bit of experience in updating firmware in wheels from many manufacturers. While this process is not always trouble-free, because the manufacturers' applications are far from perfect, almost always I was able to complete the update successfully. To date I was never left with a bricked wheel, as there is almost always a way to recover from a failed firmware update. There is even a feature in EUC World that automatically recovers a King Song wheel from a failed update state.

However, I now have a Sherman Max, which has firmware version 1.1.2, and there is a 1.1.6 available, which, among other things, solves the problem with the total mileage displayed negative on LCD, but also supposedly improves the operation of the Hall sensor. Unfortunately, the firmware update application is quite primitive, and - to be honest - I'm worried whether a possible problem in its operation will leave me with a bricked wheel.

Hence my question to you - has anyone experienced problems in updating the Sherman using the app from LeaperKim? If there is a problem during the upgrade, is it possible to upgrade again? I would appreciate your comments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Never heard of any bootloader activation procedure like putting a ks upside down, which i read just recently from you.

Afair inmotion has something like this with laying the wheel aside?

Would be great for the community to collect "unbrick procedures" for all wheels!

Otherwise this seldomly needed knowledge is lost somewhere in some posting histories...

Afair the programming interface is (not to difficult) accessible with gotway wheels, so maybe too with the sherman max?

@Freestylernot only looked at gotway fws but also veterans?

BTW a question to for example ks unbricking procedures. If by a bad fw update the fw is stuck in a endless loop and turning off does not work anymore one has to disconnect the batteries, turn the wheel upside down and then reconnect. So the wheel starts into the bootloader code?

3 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

I have looked a bit, but not to the extend of Begode wheels.

I'm also interested to know a recover process for veteran wheels.

Maybe @Lefteris has some more info here?

Haven't had the time to play with the firmware chip that I have here from the OG Sherman.

From what I know Veteran has a procedure that the wheel gets into some kind of a dfu mode, flashes it, then reboots into normal state.

• 2 weeks later...

OG Sherman Firmware 1.0.59 is available for updating in the Leaperkim app. Anyone able to translate item 1 to see what change it includes, if any? Also, has anyone tried it yet and noticed any differences?

https://github.com/Leaperkim/Updated-APP-Firmware/blob/f156f48f606fcb20bda0d4cd9733199cfe510df7/LeaperKim-1.0.3 221206.apk

Sherman Firmware 1.0.59

• Like 1