InMotion v11 shuts off immediately after being powered on

RDFS

My InMotion v11 will not power on until I plug it into the charger or unplug the main battery and reconnect it. Even so unless it is still connected to the charger it will simply turn on for a second but then immediately shut back off refusing to turn on again until repeating the previous steps. There is a bit of resistance when moving the wheel which I’ve read can be indicative that the mosfet has failed. Diagnostics in the app do not detect anything wrong. Has anyone experienced this issue and possibly have any advice on how to resolve?

• Like 1

Yeah that's a bad driver board / blown mosfet.  I know because my wheel does the same thing and I can't repair it myself because the part has not been available through inmotion for months now.  If you unscrew the motor phase wires the wheel resistance should be gone confirming the issue.

Best bet is to work with your dealer or if you're still in a return window do that.

1/6/23: Inmotion now has the driver board in stock on their website: https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/parts-and-accessories

1/5/23: I did find some v11 driver boards on aliexpress using the mobile site if you have to go that route.  Make sure the board version matches or is greater than what you currently have.  ie: Picture shows board ver. "VX_Driver_2.0 2020-10-9" https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803372513464.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Edited by dignome