First EUC real Offroad KS18 or Abrams?

Hi everyone. Been looking at these for a while especially after an agency worker turned up to work on a Sherman a year back. 

never even tried one before, but can’t see a good enough cheap one to test before getting a proper one. 

I want to take it to Dartmoor, UK, which is proper off road grass/rocks etc. most off road things I read about still have videos of people on walking paths. Am I expecting too much from an EUC (or my 40 year old knees???!!)

anyway, I love the king song KS18 look and it seems good in many ways despite some battery concerns, but I keep seeing the Abrams being mentioned for off road. This would help due to the roll cage, but I am struggling to see how it will have as good (if any) suspension. It’s also FAR more easy to find in stock. 

anyway, I know you’re all busy, but and help would be greatly appreciated. 

6’4”, 100kg, 40 years old, absolute beginner

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlibbleJibblet said:

I keep seeing the Abrams being mentioned for off road.

Kind of surprising to me... there was an early video of a cutout on an Abrams on a forest road, the Abrams did not fare well. It's in stock for a reason.

Edited by Tawpie

• 4 weeks later...

With your size and the offroad requirement, the Sherman S or the Begode Master sound like better options for you. Maybe the Master Pro as well, but that will be rough to learn on as a starter wheel. 

If your knees can handle it, you don't necessarily need suspension but it sure helps. The inmotion v11 or v12HT could be good starter options as well if you don't have high speed/range requirements. The v12HT lacks suspension but is a nimble and capable wheel.

I think the S18 will be too weak for someone your size offroad. And the Abrams has had a fair few issues with it, which makes it less than ideal as a starter wheel. And it doesn't have suspension.