Early birthday present... let's go Tron style...

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Now I want to buy one.  I imagine the time it would take me to DIY some thing would end up costing me more than the op’s light mode night shift kit.  It looks too good to pass up.  I think I have to invest in my knee and wrist guards before I make this purchase though.

They are on 30% off at the moment while they wait for next batch to manufacture !

• Thanks 1

I know you’re not a salesman @Cerbera but you should be because you just closed the deal with me.  I just made the purchase!  lol

I really need to get the safety gear now. This Electric Wheel hobby makes me feel like a kid in the candy store.  I’m sure the therapeutic long rides will pay off in the end. Actual dollar spent per hour enjoyed will wind up being a very good ratio.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Actual dollar spent per hour enjoyed will wind up being a very good ratio.

Lols - I do that too - when I get a new wheel, my first hour on it is £4000 / per hour, and from there on the value-for-money only increases - Currently I am on about 50 hours on the Master, so it's already down to £80 an hour ! And if I can just make it last til 1000 hours without a horrible expensive crash then it's £4 a go, which is starting to look pretty reasonable. The aim will be to get it to >4000 hours, so it will have been a pound a ride !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

Quick test to see how LM does in the daytime. Sorry about low res...

That's mostly red light there, so the least bright of them - others are more visible still; if it wasn't so damn cold up there I would have stayed to demo some other patterns !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lols - nah, that doesn't look anything like police / emergency services in this country. We don't really do red as a colour for that. They are all about the blue... but yes, definitely draws attention, whether you like it or not.

Also, you're only seeing half the lights there. Once the white ones are on as well it starts looking much more like a vehicle. And of course we have the option of going 'stealth mode' with only the headlight on, though admittedly, once you shelled out for a LightMode kit you do feel like you wanna use it !

Edited by Cerbera

4 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Any reason why the other lights are not being shown?

Only that the white ones are bright enough to wash out a lot of the reds, which wasn't as photogenic and illuminated far too much of my messy lounge :)

Edited by Cerbera

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 2:30 PM, Cerbera said:

Quick test to see how LM does in the daytime. Sorry about low res...

Great to hear your voice!  Cool British accent I could listen to all day!  Looks great too. Even in the daylight. 

Mine just came in!  About to install.

61FEE96A-BD04-446F-95F0-B0EAA78FD615.thumb.jpeg.1e6b71e027539073fee58e135adf1770.jpeg

BTW Happy Birthday!

:clap3:

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

Excellent - it is a lovely box isn't it ?! :) Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine ! My second set for my new Scorpion ADX-2 is in the post now, and they were kind enough to provide links to just the box clip and the 2 strips so I could make a saving and share one control box between the 2 helmets.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Going to still use the pass pro for some riding and the motorcycle grade for other riding?

Yes, but only in the Summer months where it is just too damn hot for the Scorpion, or for when I am zipping about on my nice low little MS3. There is something about the Master (and I reckon it's mainly the pedal height) that says 'protect head more' hence the upgrade to the Scorpion. If I were in your boat, with a V13, I might feel secure enough in the TSG. In my book riding a Begode is a bit more 'risky biscuits' !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Try installing flashing blue lights.

Might make good content for a YouTube video.

Lightmode has a specific Robocop-imitating effect where it alternates red blue flashing on each side. That's the one the you want in the States if you'd like to run into trouble in entertainingly short order !

• Haha 2

had trouble getting the strips to hold at the fold of the TSG so added a touch of hot glue at the connector point and to the strips where the Lu weren’t holding.  

I unplugged the gun long before I was done so the glue wouldn’t get scalding hot.  

E0C93F97-C3B2-44B4-A876-80E82C532464.thumb.jpeg.7c46396bca06d0ee6b20d316cb719e7d.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1