Veteran Sherman S: The BIGboi Range Test & Review is LIVE!

BIGboiFASTboi

Love the review, editing and footage. Excellent job! I'm on the opposite end of the mass spectrum from you, but I do appreciate seeing how the gigantic wheels handle under appropriately sized riders. It's odd that your buddies OG Sherman pooped out so early—and great that the -S went so far. 70 miles at 'enjoyable' speed is indeed a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Love the review, editing and footage. Excellent job! I'm on the opposite end of the mass spectrum from you, but I do appreciate seeing how the gigantic wheels handle under appropriately sized riders. It's odd that your buddies OG Sherman pooped out so early—and great that the -S went so far. 70 miles at 'enjoyable' speed is indeed a bonus.

Thank you very much!  Ron had mentioned that he replaced the motor a few months ago.  He swears he feels like his new motor doesn't have the same torque it used to have, and that he's getting less range.  We have no science to back it up though.  I was surprised that's all he got as well, however he was getting tiltback at around 82.5 volts I think, which is about in line with most Shermans.  He may need to do some more investigating.  

56 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Great video, great area for riding. I enjoyed the vid very much as well as your narration. The range test i find very interesting. 72 miles with an average speed of 16.4 mph and hats off to you for spending 4hrs on the wheel. Thanks for the info.

Thank you!  I had a great time making it -- although it *was* a lot of work!  

The average speed is not actually representative of the average moving speed.  Average moving speed was 22.5mph.  That includes a lot of riding in the mid 30 to lower 40mph speeds, and slowing down to let Ron catch up, or so that we could chat for a bit.  There was a good mix of semi-fast and slow moments.  I love long range touring on these wheels!

Thanks for watching :) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Sherman is what really attracted me to EUCs to begin with. There was just something about its aesthetic that really just called to me. I have a V12 HT coming today, but I hope to one day be able to justify getting a Sherman S. I have yet to see any review say anything really bad about it. Minor quibbles and tons of praise. Most people calling it the best EUC you can buy. 

Sounds like a winner to me. 

Thanks for the video and awesome tour! 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

You need to start doing gear reviews for us Big boi's, you got the editing and video skills and that oh so heavenly voice!  All kidding a side i am serious gear reviews are missing for us big guys and you do have the skills.  

Side note what helmet is that you are wearing?  Looks like a Leatt? I just upgraded to a scorpion, but I am returning it as the chin bar literally contacts my chin sigh.  Fits everywhere else perfectly.

The OP hasn't been posting anything on the forum or Youtube for months... hope he's okay?

I'd like to know more about Mobius X8 knee braces particularly for Sherman S, because that's a combination I've been eyeing, too.