KS 18XL with 3600wh battery?

sidderke

I was wondering, just wanted to throw this out here. How much would a King Song 18XL weigh with a 3600wh battery or something similar, like a Sherman? I love my 18XL, but even that weight (25kg?) is about the max I find comfortable. Speed-wise, sometimes I would like a bit more, but I'm especially jealous of the range of stuff like a Sherman. How big would the market be for a King Song 18XL with about double the battery? How weird would the shape be, in how far could you keep the same 'kind of' slim small shape of an 18XL? How much more would a battery like that weigh? 

In short. Man I would love something like an 18XL with the range of a Sherman. 

38 minutes ago, sidderke said:

I was wondering, just wanted to throw this out here. How much would a King Song 18XL weigh with a 3600wh battery or something similar, like a Sherman? I love my 18XL, but even that weight (25kg?) is about the max I find comfortable. Speed-wise, sometimes I would like a bit more, but I'm especially jealous of the range of stuff like a Sherman. How big would the market be for a King Song 18XL with about double the battery? How weird would the shape be, in how far could you keep the same 'kind of' slim small shape of an 18XL? How much more would a battery like that weigh? 

In short. Man I would love something like an 18XL with the range of a Sherman. 

Then get Sherman. :D 

One pack weights 10 lbs (If internet is right.) So 2 extra packs would add 20 lbs. It would weight at least 35kg then. Same time being only ~3100Wh. Add more metal build, real 3" tire. And it will be about ~40kg already. So you are already at Sherman weight. :efee8319ab:

In my book anything that goes over 30kg is a heavy class wheel. So 35kg or 45kg makes no difference for me. Anything over 30kg you will not be happy carrying it around. (I'm not talking about trolleying the wheel around. Which case you don't care what weight is the wheel.)

Luckily you have many options to choose from. All new wheels have 3000+Wh batteries. Same time being 40+Kg... Enjoy :) (Battery alone weights the same as 18xl.) :D 

Edited by Funky

The 1800Wh battery packs in my Nikola+ together weigh 7.5Kg - so you're looking at a minimum of 33Kg. The 18XL is a great wheel balancing usability with functionality but I suspect you'll lose a lot of that usability when you increase the weight.

I think you're more likely to see a KS S18 with a larger battery before a KS18XL with a larger battery. Hopefully, someone will start to manufacture solid state batteries that will solve the current range and weight issues.

• Upvote 1