Sherman inner tube size

HighEndScooters

Hi guys a pick uestion today I was told that th inner tube 18x3.0 that used on an inmotion v11 can be used on a of Sherman.  I debated this by saying the tyres sizes are incorrect the Sherman is 2.75-14 as it's a 20inch tyre.

Can you please confirm if this tube will fit and why these tyre / inner tubes sizes are so confusing lolthanks in advance to anybody assisting answering this question

Regards

Andrew

The 18x3.0 tube you have will be fine to fit the Sherman, even though the Sherman tire clearly states it is 2.75-14. All these 18x3.0 and 2.75-14 equipped wheels are basically running the same diameter rim at 14inches. The confusion arises from bicycle tires being measured by the outer diameter and Moto tires being measured by the rim diameter, added to that the overblown measurements used by the EUC manufacturers of 20inch (outer diameter of knobby tires) just makes for more confusion.

So to help clarify, S18, S22, V11, EX20s, Master, Hero, Commander, Sherman/Max, Sherman-S, etc. all use a 14inch rim and the ONLY difference will be some in the list have a 40mm wide rim and some a 60mm wide rim. The inner tubes for all the aforementioned EUC's are fundamentally interchangeable. 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

First things first a massive thank you for sending me this detailed response to my question.

I tell you this guys make tyre and tube sizes long.com.

If I understand you correctly euc such as the Sherman should be  sold as 14inch because that's the size of the inner circumference need for tires and inner tubes?  The outer diameter is 20 inches but this is not the size used to determine inner tube and outer tube sizes.

Regards

Andrew and massive festive season to you brother you are the MAN

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2022 at 7:54 AM, HighEndScooters said:

If I understand you correctly euc such as the Sherman should be  sold as 14inch because that's the size of the inner circumference need for tires and inner tubes?  The outer diameter is 20 inches but this is not the size used to determine inner tube and outer tube sizes.

And there in lies the problem.

Not meaning to simply restate exactly what @fbhb said above, but the problem is the confusion between bicycle tyres and motorcycle tyres. What you're saying there Andrew is correct if you confirm to motorcycle standards. The problem is that many put bicycle tubes in the tyres, and these are measure differently... and that's before we even get to the counting of barley corns: 🙄