Split from: So I'm headed to SoCal, suggestions?

Right before WA moves up to the highest gas tax in the nation next month.

Do you know if the Tribal gas stations have to implement the new ~100% increase in fuel tax imposed on the rest of the state? If not, it might start making sense for people to fill and bring in gas cans in a sort of local arbitrage situation to subvert the punitive tax measures imposed by the Climate activists in WA state government.

12 minutes ago, Crab said:

They said they just switched vendors, cheapest around.

Interesting, well I'm always checking Maps to see where I can fuel up for cheaper, it's crazy just how much differences there are in prices no matter where you go.

As for WA, maybe people will eventually wake up and vote out people who want to deliberately lower their standards of living, make life in general more expensive, and price out future generations in the name of *insert activist cause of the day*. I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Vanturion said:

people who want to deliberately lower their standards of living, make life in general more expensive, and price out future generations in the name of *insert activist cause of the day*

Do you truly believe that these are the goals of the people passing that legislation?

Somewhere right now in some other state, someone is talking about their local elected officials who "deliberately want to prop up autocratic repressive regimes, inflict famine and poverty on the most vulnerable, and make the earth inhospitable to human life as we know it". That person is just as wrong about the intentions of the people they are describing, and their rhetoric is just as harmful.

2 hours ago, Kurtosis said:

Do you truly believe that these are the goals of the people passing that legislation?

I 100% believe that the people funding democrat and progressive WA state candidates as well as various district attorneys across the nation for that matter, absolutely want to simultaneously limit the population, AND eliminate, over time, people who tend to align ideologically with the notion that people have fundamental rights outside of those granted, on a permission basis, by what amounts to technocrats. Because we don't have all day, just picking one round-about tactic this faction uses to accomplish a reduction in reproduction is by not prosecuting criminals, using non-profits to grant violent criminals bail, releasing repeat offenders with no short or long term plan to remove their access to the lawful public, and many consequences which heightens the sense of danger and fear in the public chipping away at, on average because we're dealing with populations here, the propensity for peoples to invest long term, the ultimate investment being making the decision to have children.

As for the legislators themselves, most either aren't sophisticated enough or have any kind of guiding moral principles to overrule the strong suggestions of the people funding them. Doing what their big donors want is what their livelihood as well as their advancement depends upon, and in the era of the largest wealth disparity in human history, it is the incredibly wealthy donors that have usurped virtually all political influence and control.

In fact, I see the legislators actions, more and more akin to those belonging to a cult where evidence and data (objectivity) is routinely ignored in favor of a kind of tribalistic signaling reinforced through repetition with mainstream press used as the primary vehicle for their top-down hierarchical communications.

Here's some fresh evidence supporting part of my view and typifying the trend within the cultist ideological bent of those who identify pro-corporate left:

Democratic Washington Gov. Jay Inslee held a recent equity summit that included a governor-appointed state education agency telling other state agencies that concepts like “objectivity” and “individualism” are rooted in “White supremacy culture” and should be rejected in favor of “indigenous relational pedagogy.”

Now if I use my white supremacy logic to reason out what follows such beliefs and statements, one consequence of what he is saying is that other races are somehow incapable of existing under the same kind of objective cultural paradigm that he alleges is a white supremacist reality. Ignoring the obvious divisive racism that follows this kind of "progressive thinking" - one consequence of an adherence to objectivity is that the rules and laws mean exactly what they are written as. They are object. And what follows such obvious and rational observations is a culture where everyone is equal under the law, and that the law should be applied to each individual equally. Objectivity is the basis of a lawful and just society.

Presumably, Jay Inslee and the Progressive block are not OK with this rational reality using such divisive language as the article demonstrates.

Somewhere right now in some other state, someone is talking about their local elected officials who "deliberately want to prop up autocratic repressive regimes, inflict famine and poverty on the most vulnerable, and make the earth inhospitable to human life as we know it".

You are aware that the United States is an Empire correct? Whose wealth and power were and are propped up by almost in-numeral overseas coups, assassinations, bribes, and more. Here's a really good book on it. Just look at all of the South American economic migrants that work our fields for the "money" our financial overlords print out of thin air (remember, it is not our taxes funding government anymore), that voluntarily journey here for opportunity as their own opportunities locally were diminished through some combination of overpopulation relative to their local economy and likely the wealth siphoning influence and domination of the geopolitical interests of the American empire. It almost looks like a modern form of slavery, but that's how the food makes it to the table here.

That person is just as wrong about the intentions of the people they are describing, and their rhetoric is just as harmful.

Intentions are useless, both in effect, and in analysis. First, they can't be proven, and second, they're immaterial. What matters is results.

Example: I intended to feed my infant, but I forgot and they starved. Does my intentions matter or change anything whatsoever, or is it the results that actually matter?

So when it comes to WA state legislators, their intentions do not matter a lick, what matters is if their beliefs and the policies that follow their beliefs make life better or worse, cheaper or more expensive for individual and for families. When it comes to the nearly 100% increase in state gas tax, they're making life more expensive for the people they claim to care about the most. Those on the lower socio-economic ladder, or whatever the term they like to use for the non-white poors (because remember poor Caucasians don't count under this ideology).

Even if you believed that the actions of man had an effect upon global climate (hint: they don't, it's the weather on the sun which has resulted in repeated ±20 C temperature swings in the last 500 million years, all well before gas-guzzling SUVs roamed the tundra), decreasing the use of oil and gas in this country will simply see it consumed in other countries such as China and India where they will experience a rise in standards of living at the same time those in the west married to the cult of man-made climate change will see a decrease.

Edited by Vanturion

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I split this off because I think it is too little on-topic and too much political rambling discussion.

Alright.

Yeah, obviously I'm not one to shy from a divergent debate.