Need you suggestions.

How do you plan to use it and what is your budget?

a) just for fun or just to satisfy curiosity.

b) last mile / short errands up to 2 miles.

c) commuting - what distance and what speed do you wish to travel?

d) off-road

e) long distance travel / touring - long trips that are over 20 miles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 360rumors said:

How do you plan to use it and what is your budget?

a) just for fun or just to satisfy curiosity.

b) last mile / short errands up to 2 miles.

c) commuting - what distance and what speed do you wish to travel?

d) off-road

e) long distance travel / touring - long trips that are over 20 miles.

just for fun, as i saw a random video on YouTube and found electric unicycle interesting.

1 hour ago, isohaibmalik said:

just for fun, as i saw a random video on YouTube and found electric unicycle interesting.

So....... any wheel is going to be fun, the next question is: what is fun for you? Because there are different wheels for different fun. Small wheels are the thing to get for fooling around in the driveway, doing tricks, dawdling in the park. Medium sized wheels are also good for tricks but add the ability to be social and join group rides, make jaunts to the store, tour new areas of town, even commuting and delivery. There are off road wheels for dirt and jumps and the skate park, a model for racing, and of course the heavy speedy pavement eaters for those long cruises (or shorter cruises if you're doing 45+ mph).

My advice would be to spend a bit of time watching videos to see what looks exciting, there are many sub-categories of riding and I believe you'll find that each model is very good at some things and generally ok at the rest... no single-wheel-to-rule-them-all. Then pick a 'first fun' and get a wheel. Learn to ride, try different things out. Get connected to other riders, try their wheels, ride together and learn.

I only hope (at least initially) that you don't end up like me and get sucked into a wheel for picking up trash in the neighborhood and goofing around in the alley, another for 10 mile cruises on paved trails, a light(er) trail wheel and a long(er) range trail wheel and a heavy cruiser. Exercise restraint. There are only so many hours in the day.

(if I could only keep 1 wheel, it would be the 16XS.LR... because while it isn't the best at much, it more than covers all of my diverse 'fun' bases.)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, isohaibmalik said:

I see! I suggest a small wheel like mten3, mten4 or Mcm5. They are too small to use for commuting but highly maneuverable, which makes them more entertaining. For lower cost you could also get Inmotion v5 but it tops out at 12mph iirc. Check out this guy: 

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Ah I see we have duplicate threads going on - mods, you might wanna combine these.

Personally I think combining threads has gotten out of hand.

59 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

Personally I think combining threads has gotten out of hand.

'There's no happiness without order'. It's a Nazi saying but it stands the test of time - lols ;)

Seriously though - nothing more frustrating than to spend ages in one thread trying to answer it well, only to find that 10 other people have already said everything you did in the other places the user duplicated his question !