Forum slow lately?

From time to time, the forum is really slow lately (~the last few weeks). Pages load super slow, notifications load super slow. Occasionally I get a "This community is temporarily unavailable" page from the forum software.

Is it just me, or did any of you guys notice something?

Please post here if you notice(d) anything or had any issues like this.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

From time to time, the forum is really slow lately (~the last few weeks). Pages load super slow, notifications load super slow. Occasionally I get a "This community is temporarily unavailable" page from the forum software.

Right now they load very slow..(First time for me.) And time to time i get that msg..

Server going down, or getting restarted/reset. Only site owner knows. Slowness could be from DDoS. Could even crash the site. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Same here:  Slow and "This community is temporarily unavailable" page from the forum software.  Periodically Since Friday 02.12.2022

Just now:  Very slow response.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Will ask the big boss whether there are traffic limits or user limits or something that could be causing this.

If "storage" is getting full of said server. (Because there are limits.. Each new entry is some size of storage. Like now i may have used 0.01kb.) :D It also may slow down the response.

Don't know if forum is hosted from home PC. (Doubt about that.) Or are hosted somewhere else - where owner pays bill for it, etc..

Maybe he got "cheaper" package deal. :D 

Edited by Funky

Yes it is chronically bad right now. I think we may have more simultaneous connection requests than our current server plan allows for !

It's horrible if that is the case - I am a member of another forum that has had to go subs only in order to meet the rising costs of hosting, and that has severely limited its membership, even though the fee is paltry ($5/month). But they had to do it to be able to afford to keep up with traffic.

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I believe this forum is hosted directly by Invision (the forum software provider). 

Afair, yes. And according to their support page they are hosting their servers at AWS https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043089432-Where-does-InVision-store-data-

I'd assume they should have enough resources. Leaves possible problems with invision, the forum software or our subscription's limits.

Yes it started to get really bad yesterday. Thanks for the confirmations! Big boss is informed. The current plan has "5.000.000 page views", maybe we're hitting that. Or it is a genuine misconfiguration or something buggy somewhere.

41 minutes ago, Robse said:

How can a "guest" create a topic?

You can post without an account. You can later make your posts into an account if the cookie is still there. Maybe guests can even make new threads. If not, that's just a display bug, stuff like that happens a lot with very slow servers from my experience.

Keep it coming if you notice anything bad (or good)!

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yeah it's ultra slow motion 50% of the time and "unavailable" the other half for me now.

Same here till now and all time 64 logged in users... (users+anonymous+guests)

Edit: ... And now 73 and everything is normal again... :blink1:

Edited by Chriull

Hmm, right now nobody did anything (per the word of God) but the forum seems to be fast again. Let's hope it stays that way.

We got a small forum update out of it though.

Please post if you still experience any speed issues (slow loading of pages)  or error messages from the forum. Thanks all!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1