V-11 flappy pedal

jmsjms

On 1/30/2023 at 9:56 PM, Paradox said:

This is the hardware used for the pedals.

image.thumb.png.bc2919b0897ea1b4420509c18404d7ad.png

Why are there 2 blue pieces, and not 4?

Edit: I get it... the 2 of them are for the bottom.

Edited by jmsjms

16 hours ago, Zopper said:

If the the middle grub screw is stripped and the side ones are missing, the axis can eventually fall out. So I think that a rethreading and a new screw or getting new side screws is necessary for safety.

And the rethreading is a simple thing. If you would bring me the pedal hanger, or even the whole U frame with both pedals, it would be about a beer or two for the job. Ask around between your craftier friends. Getting the old screw and axis out if it is stripped at an unfortunate depth is going to be the hardest part of it.

We are too far away... an ocean apart!

So, I guess I am check-mated if the safety is a problem. I just tried pushing and pulling both of them, but they are solid in place. And, I've been riding them like this (the way they are flappy) since October.... But I have no choice, and I have to purchase new ones. I've been already looking on Amazon and eBay.

1 minute ago, jmsjms said:

But I have no choice, and I have to purchase new ones. I've been already looking on Amazon and eBay.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804779177886.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

On 2/1/2023 at 5:41 PM, jmsjms said:

I think I would go with the cheaper original ones with the sandpaper. The wheel is old, the warranty expired, and I will be retiring it as soon as I get a new wheel.

There must be riders in Orlando that upgraded their V11 or V12 pedals and still have the old ones.  Ask around.

Edited by Paradox
  • Upvote 1

On 2/2/2023 at 12:36 AM, jmsjms said:

But I have no choice, and I have to purchase new ones. I've been already looking on Amazon and eBay.

It is probably not urgent (you can ride it) if you check that the axis are deep inside before each ride. And buying new pedals won’t solve it much, because you still need to get out the stripped screw, which may need to include drilling. If you just get any screw to put into the front and back holes to make sure the axis will stay in, you can try the magnet stuff, or take the time to find someone…

On 2/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, Paradox said:

There must be riders in Orlando that upgraded their V11 or V12 pedals and still have the old ones.  Ask around.

I couldn't find the Orlando group. I've seen them several times in the city, but I don't ride with them. I made a posting in the local groups section but nobody's responded yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zopper said:

It is probably not urgent (you can ride it) if you check that the axis are deep inside before each ride. And buying new pedals won’t solve it much, because you still need to get out the stripped screw, which may need to include drilling. If you just get any screw to put into the front and back holes to make sure the axis will stay in, you can try the magnet stuff, or take the time to find someone…

I am seeing on Amazon and eBay pedals + the screws together, but not just the screws. I wasn't interested in the pedals themselves, but I had to buy them in order to get the screws....

But on the other hand, since the pedals have been stable and I've been due for the purchase of a new wheel anyway (because mine is out of warranty) I may as well just give up on any more repairs. I already paid extra for mother board repair at the end of last year when the warranty had already expired.... To some extent I already lost confidence in maintaining this wheel, and I may not put any more money into it.