XT60 to GX20-4 how does it connect?

Sprite

Hello all, I purchased a charger that has a XT60 plug and I was wondering how exactly does a XT60 (2 pin) to a GX20-4 connect?

My question is is it 4 different cables from the XT60 connector or is it 2 then splits into 4 at the GX connector? I'm not new to soldering so that's not the problem, I'm just not 100% sure how exactly everything connects.

If anyone is curious I'm working with a 0-140v 0-15a charger so I can fast charge my Master as well as make connectors for future wheels if needed.

• Like 2

I think that the connector would come with 4 wires.  If 2 are +ve and 2 are -ve then you would connect the 2 +ve to the +ve pin from the XT60 and the 2 -ve wires to the -ve pin on the XT60.  I've ordered a charger that can handle 30V--140V 1A--20A so that I can charge my scooter, e-MTB, 100.8V wheels and potentially any PEV I buy that has over 30V and up to 140V.  I'm planning on connecting 2 pins to -ve and 2 pins to +ve on the GX16-5 plugs, with 2 plugs each having 2 x -ve and 2 x +ve pins all connected to the charger's output.  This will give me 4 wires going to -ve and 4 wires going to +ve.  I can then plug both GX16-5 plugs into one EUC and turn up the amperage to whatever I feel is suitable, like 15A for the Sherman-S.  My understanding is that the GX16 pins can each handle 5A so that when 2 negatives and 2 positives are used on one plug it can handle 10A and if you use 2 plugs they should be fine with 20A between them.  I'm not sure if the GX20 pins are capable of more amps or not, but if they do use all 4 pins for 2 each of positive and negative then they should definitely be able to handle 10A per GX20 plug.

I would definitely check the pin-outs before wiring to see which pins should be positive and which should be negative, you don't want to get that wrong!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

Pins 1 and 2 are positive, 3 and 4 are negative. I checked my stock charger before making my fast charger adapter. This is for the GX20-4 connector. 

It is always good to check, double check and triple check - you definitely don't want to have this wired wrong when you plug it in to your wheel.  Once my variable voltage and variable amperage charger arrives from China I'll make up some adapters and I'll be very carefully checking the pins with a multimeter and comparing them to the stock chargers.  100V is no joke, let alone 134V.

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, Unipilot69 said:

Pins 1 and 2 are positive, 3 and 4 are negative. I checked my stock charger before making my fast charger adapter. This is for the GX20-4 connector. 

Are you absolutely certain? I'm currently making a new connector and the standard charger has only pin 1(pos) and 4(neg) soldered. 2 and 3 are not connected.

• 10 months later...