"Mark as Solved" nuisance email from the forum

I have started getting emails recently encouraging me to revisit older posts and mark them solved, if the problem was answered.

I am very familiar with this functionality and use it all the time on other forums, but here it makes no sense.

The facility to mark a thread as solved isn't available to non-moderators as far as I can see, not in the 3 dots to edit, or the moderator options (such as they exist for standard users), or anywhere else in the thread, unless I have missed it !

Therefore, presuming I am not in error, we should either a) turn on the solved component for regular users or b) stop sending the emails asking us to do it ! :)

Cheers guys

Edited by RagingGrandpa

Never heard or seen that something can be marked as solved. There is no option like that for me, too. I googled it, and apparently it is something the admin can switch on in the forum options (marking a reply as "best answer" by the thread starter or by the mods).

Could you paste an example email (with a link to something that you supposedly can mark as solved)?

Thanks for bringing this up. Why would you get emails about a disabled feature?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A checkbox was checked and now there should be no more e-mails.

I don't suppose anybody actually wants the "Mark as solution" functionality to be enabled?

It makes sense only for a few of the posts here - the ones that ask specific questions, but even then doesn't make much sense because there is often more than one correct answer or piece of advice, and often there is no singular winner. I reckon just leave that off...

We have it on over at Core4d.com because nearly every post there is a question, and nearly all of them have a single correct, or 'most correct' answer.

Edited by Cerbera

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to "Mark as Solved" nuisance email from the forum