I just had a very good experience with ewheels.com

Phi1osopher

Well, I just had a very good experience with my brand new broken Begode V2 Master.
Mine is an eWheels with LiTech T40 batteries. It arrived with a faulty control board. There was a defective mosfet that literally exploded on my initial low-speed test ride: I was going slow - around 10-20 mph - I was still just getting my jump pads oriented when it blew. There were horrible loud electrical fire sounds and gobs of black smoke. It was terrifying!

Fast forward a bit while eWheels sources me a new control board and fast ships it to me. Begode really seems to be struggling to get things right because the new board also was not working. After a few emails we sorted out that the new board's firmware was wrong and incompatible with normal updates. Fortunately Jason has been dialoging directly with Begode, and over night Begode released a new Master V2.3 firmware (thank you Begode!!), which I was able to install this morning fixing my wheel.

I just want to shout out some kudos and my gratitude to Jason and the eWheels team for their top-notch customer support and for going the extra mile. First they fronted the $$ to air ship replacement parts from China, and then when there was an ongoing problem they were dialoguing directly with the manufacture to help coordinate a rapid firmware release to finally solve this issue. I have trouble imagining anyone else putting forth so much effort for their customers.

I waited a bit longer to get my V2 LiTech Master from eWheels. We all know our EUC's are sometimes frequented with complicated issues. I have five 'higher end' EUCs, and four of them have had some sort of warranty issue. My decision to purchase my Master through eWheels was based on their impeccable customer support. When I am spending more than $3000 on a cool toy I want to be assured the seller has my back. Additionally, I know from first hand inspection that the LiTech batteries are assembled and manufactured to a higher standard, consistently employing "best practices" while Begode has CONSISTANTLY demonstrated they will cut corners with their battery construction. In the LiTech packs I have personally seen things like the nickel strips being more robust, welded, and routed better, etc. Many of us have seen photos of almost new Begode packs with cracked nickel strips where they were routed poorly or too sharply bent, creating hot spots and real fire hazards that were not even related to unstable battery chemistry issues... I have little kids, and I don't want to worry about my battery packs shorting and burning my house down while I'm sleeping. For me it is worth waiting a bit longer and even paying a bit more for a better product with better support.

Am I an eWheels fan boy? Hell yes, I certainly am.
It has been well earned.

20221109_132017.jpg

20221109_064341.jpg

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(clarified title)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Add another blown controller to the list. I know of 4 personally now, including yours and mine. I didn't get mine from ewheels but I was going to buy one of these controllers from him, but he mentioned this issue and said a new batch next week... I got mine from alien rides and they are supporting it but they told me 2-3 weeks wait time and that was still less than 3 weeks so Im trying to be patient lol. I would have bought from ewheels but they weren't in stock at the time and I needed it for a trip..

The LG fire packs aren't much of a concern to me, but I will definitely choose ewheels first for their customer service. They support you and do it with urgency, I cant say the same about the other companies.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CrunchyTire said:

Add another blown controller to the list. I know of 4 personally now, including yours and mine. I didn't get mine from ewheels but I was going to buy one of these controllers from him, but he mentioned this issue and said a new batch next week... I got mine from alien rides and they are supporting it but they told me 2-3 weeks wait time and that was still less than 3 weeks so Im trying to be patient lol. I would have bought from ewheels but they weren't in stock at the time and I needed it for a trip..

The LG fire packs aren't much of a concern to me, but I will definitely choose ewheels first for their customer service. They support you and do it with urgency, I cant say the same about the other companies.

Just so you know, the control board I received is conspicuously different from the one that came in my wheel.  I had to break off the 1.5" brass risers from my old board -- the ones that go between the top of the main board to the display. And then I had to  drill out the mounts to attach my display using those risers.  My board  came with a separate chip wrapped in foam, and this was an updated display controller to correct the known "no display in cold conditions" problem.  There is also an additional ground strap that I affixed to the black main housing/ display.  Finally I had to purchase a replacement thermal mat for under the board. You may wish to pre-order one now, I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SYLVQ47

And finally-finally, after all this work it still didn't work.  If yours is the same as mine you will need to update the firmware by connecting to the Begode app, and selecting firmware "Master V2.3 GW2014804"  There is apparently a code to these 9- digit codes. The first six digits designate the wheel's hardware, and the last 3 are the firmware.  My board's previous firmware was "GW2014803."   To get to the firmware, log into your wheel in the Begode app. Then got to "Me" (with the person silhouette icon in the bottom-right corner) > Settings > Firmware Update > then scroll until your find "Master v2.3 GW2014804. 

Good luck!
-Steve

Good luck!  

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to I just had a very good experience with ewheels.com