How to determine if v12 HS has the upgraded board with stronger mosfets?

txwheel

I just purchased a new v12 HS from Studio AMG (they're based in Ohio), and AMG indicated to me that the wheel I'll be receiving is from their "newest batch received 2 months ago". Based on on this, I am hopeful that this wheel is from a new enough batch to  address the weak mosfet issue of earlier batches.  Rather than hope, I'd like to verify first hand.  

Do any of you know of a way to determine through some visual indication on the board, or through the serial number of the wheel, whether the wheel I ordered has updated and better-suited mosfets?  I'm aware of the "weak mosfet test" Inmotion recommended earlier this year, but I'm more specifically interested in whether my wheel is from a batch with an updated circuit board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my V12HT last month, does anyone know what S/N and beyond that the current updated controller changed from the factory?  I sure don’t want to perform exploratory surgery on my new wheel (which I think works perfectly) to see the color of the controller board.  

New to the forum, enjoying my first EUC and learning from the experiences from everyone on the forum.

Best

Jay

• Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, Jkay said:

Just got my V12HT last month, does anyone know what S/N and beyond that the current updated controller changed from the factory?  I sure don’t want to perform exploratory surgery on my new wheel (which I think works perfectly) to see the color of the controller board.  

New to the forum, enjoying my first EUC and learning from the experiences from everyone on the forum.

Best

Jay

The HT didn't get an updated driver board as it already has different mosfets than the HS does. Only the HS variant got a redesigned driver board.

Edited by spitfire1337
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks much, my V12 works perfectly and (about 2/3 able to ride it) don’t want anymore things to think about as I remember to  “look far”, bend knees, don’t wobble, watch for pot holes, and all the other cues we learn, prepare for a wheel induced faceplant is just one last thing I wanted to consider.