Tube replaced v12 HT now EUC runs away. Reinstall firmware?

ixpacman

So my V12HT I love. Ride it for about 400 miles maybe then flat tire! Not looking forward to this as advised but oh well. Little premature I would think. Looks like the valve stem ripped out of tube. Ran at 30 psi no problem. Watched InMotion tear down video and got tube. Pulled wheel noticed original tube had 90 degree valve stem but facing Parallel with centerline of tube. That’s not going to last. New tube is perpendicular 90 degree valve. Put tube in and just clears machine so that’s better. Put machine on shop floor turn on and machine attacks me. Broke top of rear cover nice!  Put on stand I made and tried it off ground and thing fired up full speed and then powers down but no worky. Acts weird. Could I have mixed up wiring. Took pictures during disassembly so ???  Took apart machine multiple times to recheck my work. No clue. I did notice that it is not necessary to unplug batteries from mother board to pull wheel. Did I erase software by doing that. Ran out of time trying to reload firmware. Thought it didn’t work but read post about being patient so that’s next but can anybody give me some knowledge about this. InMotion/Euco support has been fairly unhelpful so far. Can’t live without EUC now. I’m hopelessly addicted and losing sleep from withdrawal. 
thanks Harry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ixpacman said:

So my V12HT I love. Ride it for about 400 miles maybe then flat tire! Not looking forward to this as advised but oh well. Little premature I would think. Looks like the valve stem ripped out of tube. Ran at 30 psi no problem. Watched InMotion tear down video and got tube. Pulled wheel noticed original tube had 90 degree valve stem but facing Parallel with centerline of tube. That’s not going to last. New tube is perpendicular 90 degree valve. Put tube in and just clears machine so that’s better. Put machine on shop floor turn on and machine attacks me. Broke top of rear cover nice!  Put on stand I made and tried it off ground and thing fired up full speed and then powers down but no worky. Acts weird. Could I have mixed up wiring. Took pictures during disassembly so ???  Took apart machine multiple times to recheck my work. No clue. I did notice that it is not necessary to unplug batteries from mother board to pull wheel. Did I erase software by doing that. Ran out of time trying to reload firmware. Thought it didn’t work but read post about being patient so that’s next but can anybody give me some knowledge about this. InMotion/Euco support has been fairly unhelpful so far. Can’t live without EUC now. I’m hopelessly addicted and losing sleep from withdrawal. 
thanks Harry

DON'T mix up the motor - which way it goes in. (Yes it goes in only one way..) If you put it backwards - wheel will go 50mph into GROUND!!!!!

Did it do this?  (First video only shows the issue - small clip..)

Second video - the mistake. (Motor put in other way around. Even if wires are connected right way. Left/Right.) You need to take out motor and turn it 180 degree around... And put it back in. Simply exchanging wires around - WON'T work!!!!!

Watch the video and you will understand..

Also you may need to reinstall the tire. Turning motor around - tire may be installed backwards now. (More or less all you did was for nothing.) :D Time to go and do the same thing again.. 

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

On both the V12 and V12 HT, when you are standing on the wheel facing forward, the valve stem is on your left side. If the valve stem is on the right side, you have re-installed the wheel in the shell backwards. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, techyiam said:

On both the V12 and V12 HT, when you are standing on the wheel facing forward, the valve stem is on your left side. If the valve stem is on the right side, you have re-installed the wheel in the shell backwards. 

He said "90 degree valve stem but facing parallel with centerline of tube." His original tube valve came right in middle and bend wasn't going one side? Idk what tube he had.. Most are 90,120,135 degree bend going one side.

Doh knowing which side the valve comes out is great, fast way of telling if wheel is installed right. 

I bet he simply installed the motor wrong way around. Sad thing he will need to reinstall tire also.. Ofc if that tire has a pattern. 

Edited by Funky

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

He said "90 degree valve stem but facing parallel with centerline of tube." His original tube valve came right in middle and bend wasn't going one side? Idk what tube he had.. Most are 90,120,135 degree bend going one side.

Doh knowing which side the valve comes out is great, fast way of telling if wheel is installed right. 

I bet he simply installed the motor wrong way around. Sad thing he will need to replace tire also.. Ofc if that tire has a pattern. 

If one was to look at the rim, the hole where the valve stem pokes out is not centered on the rim like what is like on a bicycle rim. That hole is drilled offset to one side, which is totally independent of the inner tube.

Taking out and putting back the stock tire is many times easier than installing a scooter tire. It isn't much work. What is a pain, though, is to ensure the tire beads are properly seated  all the way around the tire. If you ride at high speeds, it matters..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If one was to look at the rim, the hole where the valve stem pokes out is not centered on the rim like what is like on a bicycle rim. That hole is drilled offset to one side, which is totally independent of the inner tube.

Taking out and putting back the stock tire is many times easier than installing a scooter tire. It isn't much work. What is a pain, though, is to ensure the tire beads are properly seated  all the way around the tire. If you ride at high speeds, it matters..

Ah i see. (Forgot it was the 16" wheel with no "spokes" in middle. The hole is only at one side.) Brain fart. :D 

I can place mine whichever side i want. :D 

Edited by Funky

Thanks everyone 

that is definitely what caused my V12 to revolt. Haven’t reinstalled wheel because had to go but will do when I get home Sunday and report but Chooch’s video is me Thursday night. Figured it can go backward and forward and I was pretty positive wiring was right so it was hard to imagine there could be a problem like that but it makes sense now. Again thanks to you all Harry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

It's funny how most people don't know about this.

It is.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

And Inmotion haven't even said anything about it.

I think removing the motor is seen as an advanced level of repair, which shouldn’t be tackled if the person is not aware of the basics. Which is of course wrong since you do need to remove the motor for such a mundane a job as a tire replacement or repair.

Then again, the same applies to every EUC ever made. I’m pretty sure you could route the 16S motor wires from the other side as well, yet I’ve never heard anyone say that KS should warn about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It is.

I think removing the motor is seen as an advanced level of repair, which shouldn’t be tackled if the person is not aware of the basics. Which is of course wrong since you do need to remove the motor for such a mundane a job as a tire replacement or repair.

Then again, the same applies to every EUC ever made. I’m pretty sure you could route the 16S motor wires from the other side as well, yet I’ve never heard anyone say that KS should warn about it.

KS motor can't event be placed other way around.. The cable connections are in middle of the wheel. They are already runned on one side.. So user can't wire it differently. (Only time user can make mistake. Is when replacing motherboard. And even then you can't run the cables the other side of wheel.) That's on 16s

On my 18xl i have one wires coming from each side. Completely different connections each side. Again - can't make any mistake. (Even when replacing motherboard. Pretty hard to mess up sides.)

Edited by Funky

I am a mechanic by trade and didn’t think this level of repair was beyond my skill level but information in regards to wheel removal was limited to the tear down video kindly provided by InMotion which makes no reference to any common mistakes or precautions. I also noted that I received this particular wheel quite early in its production run so product support is lagging a little behind its introduction as I would expect. In addition I was quite impatient about getting this wheel back up and running which encouraged me to not wait for more info. I was really having a lot of fun with it. The whole thing is quite entertaining to be honest. Can’t wait to get back out there. Thanks to the community for helping 

34 minutes ago, ixpacman said:

I am a mechanic by trade and didn’t think this level of repair was beyond my skill level but information in regards to wheel removal was limited to the tear down video kindly provided by InMotion which makes no reference to any common mistakes or precautions. I also noted that I received this particular wheel quite early in its production run so product support is lagging a little behind its introduction as I would expect. In addition I was quite impatient about getting this wheel back up and running which encouraged me to not wait for more info. I was really having a lot of fun with it. The whole thing is quite entertaining to be honest. Can’t wait to get back out there. Thanks to the community for helping 

Lets us know if it was really the "reversed" wheel problem.

I personally i'm not a "mechanic", only thing i have build in high "tech" is personal PC and PC's for my family. (Also wiring wall sockets, fixing toaster, reapplying thermal paste to old video card, and nicknacks like that.) Which i personally didn't know how to do.. But it worked out.

And at the first day when i bought my wheel - i had to open the wheel. It had fan rubbing issue. The big capacitors that where siliconed to fan was "pressed" to tightly. I didn't want to ride back to store (25km). It was faster to cut off the silicone and re-silicone them. :D I looked up a video - so i know where were all the screws. And then simply opened it up. (Ofc i disconnected batteries and power cycled the wheel.)

Yeah.. It was "fun". Doh it was great to see motherboard and all those pretty lights. :D Had to turn it on before resembling back together.

Edited by Funky

Well here’s the update. As Chooch outlined in yet another of his great YouTube videos that was in fact my problem. Reversing the position of the wheel motor axle assembly did in fact cure the erratic behavior of my v12 HT. Works well finally despite the bashed items and broken rear upper cover of machine.  Nothing a little gorilla tape can’t cover for now. Still have had no word back from EUCO on replacement parts for this machine. Too new maybe? Beats me. An email response would be nice Anyway hats off to all you on the forum for steering me the right direction. Haha!  

• Like 1

Just now, ixpacman said:

Well here’s the update. As Chooch outlined in yet another of his great YouTube videos that was in fact my problem. Reversing the position of the wheel motor axle assembly did in fact cure the erratic behavior of my v12 HT. Works well finally despite the bashed items and broken rear upper cover of machine.  Nothing a little gorilla tape can’t cover for now. Still have had no word back from EUCO on replacement parts for this machine. Too new maybe? Beats me. An email response would be nice Anyway hats off to all you on the forum for steering me the right direction. Haha!  

Good news. As soon as you mention it "attacking you", i thought - reversed wheel. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1