Kingsong 14D 2.5" tire installed with no mods

M640x

So the plan was to make a basic off road wheel since I have enuf others for street use.  Nothing fancy, just some basic trail riding.  I wanted to lift the 14D and insert a wider 2.5" tire along with maybe another mod or two.  I ordered a 14" x 2.5" tire on ebay but little did I know that the tire I ordered was the same one that's installed on the MCM5 V2.  I verified this with my new MCM5 V2 and also the EUCO web site.

The tire fits on the 14D with no mods.  Which means it will fit on the 14S as well with no mods and maybe a couple others.  No rubbing and I didn't lift it or have to file any plastic.  I wondered how a 2.5" tire fit on the 14D without any rubbing at all and truth be told the tire isn't really 2.5" wide, it's actually 2.250" (2 1/4") wide.  So there you have it, the MCM5 V2 tire isn't actually 2.5".  All total, the tire is exactly 1/8" taller and 1/8" wider than the original tire that came on the 14D.

As far as ride, it doesn't really feel that different.  Really the only thing I can tell is that it doesn't want to "drop" into corners as easily as before.  It rides very straight and true.  I also have a 14S (white wheel) and it's in the pics for comparison.  The part number for the CST tire I used is C-1813-149.

IMG_20221022_033739828.jpg

IMG_20221021_185331923.jpg

IMG_20221021_185421804.jpg

IMG_20221022_035751150.jpg

IMG_20221022_040217100.jpg

Edited by M640
  • Like 2

• M640x changed the title to Kingsong 14D 2.5" tire installed with no mods

Ok so had to chime in here again.  I finally got a chance to ride the 14S and compare it to the ride of the 14D.  I have to say the 14D is so much more stable than I initially thought.  The 14S is so much more "squirrelly" and loose as compared to the 14D.  Even though the tire isn't all that much bigger and taller, it's different enough to make a pretty substantial difference in ride quality.  If I can find some replacement side pads for the 14S I may get the 2.5" tire for it also.

Edited by M640
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

So even though the diffence is visually imperceptable (well to me) you can notice that it is better.

Given that there are absolutely no mods required it seems a no brainer for Kingsong to upgrade to the 2.25 that masquarades as a 2.5.

P.S. Does your 14D have the Kingsong whine or have they fixed that like with the 18xl and a firmware update?

Edited by DavidB

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:18 AM, DavidB said:

So even though the diffence is visually imperceptable (well to me) you can notice that it is better.

Given that there are absolutely no mods required it seems a no brainer for Kingsong to upgrade to the 2.25 that masquarades as a 2.5.

P.S. Does your 14D have the Kingsong whine or have they fixed that like with the 18xl and a firmware update?

It was actually pretty quiet.