Which euc for heavy rider

Hey all, I'm looking for my first euc, I ride a lot of mtb and downhill scooter, but weigh in at around 315lbs.

I'm wanting suspension as while most of my riding will be tracks etc rather than big hits, I'm used to something other than me taking some of the hit.

From my mtb world, I need torque much more than speed.

Every shop I talk to gives me different recommendations (shock) so thought I'd ask the hive mind.

1. KS-S18 - looks like I can fix/improve stuff on this wheel as looks simple - concerned about lack of torque mebbe?

2. S22 - new, big, heavy, but attracted by torque and speed

3. Exn ht - simple, not a lot to.go wrong with it. Lots of torque.

4. Inmotion v11 - seems more oriented to road

5. Something else

Any thoughts or opinions grateful reviewed

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

Heyaa. I'm also big boned. :D 

KS-18S NO NO NO NO NO~!!!!!!! That wheel is for light guys. 200lbs and under!!!! It has "weak" batteries... If you take your time and read up on that wheel, you will know better. At your weight you may crash.. So don't even think about that wheel!

S22 suspension is simply bad... It has "open" frame design. Sand/dirt goes in there and over time whole suspension will feel "sticky/clunky". Also enjoy replacing/fixing those plastic/rubber slider once or twice a year. If you don't mind that - go buy it. +Also kinda past the carry limit.

V11 you're also to heavy, but good wheel - if it works.

I personally would recommend getting something like Sherman Max. It's very well built and one of best wheels you could get without suspension. (It has 330lbs max carry limit.)

Doh if you really need something with suspension Begode EX20S is very solid wheel, but it has not so good water resistance, also you're "kinda" to heavy for it.. But at least it has all metal frame. So more weight should hold. But in any case you will need to get better "spring/shock".

You have more options without suspensions.. I just gave you the "best" two options you could get. There are also some others..

I personally am 280lbs and ride ks18xl. But same time i don't even jump curbs. Only flat smooth ground. If wheels weight didn't matter to my i would have bought Sherman Max...

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, MrEUCMan said:

Maybe eat some salad first. Just saying. Since start riding EUC, I dropped from 250 to now around 190. It increases the performance and distance.

How the heck one can lose weight, while riding euc. :D You're literally standing still.

Also maybe he isn't fat.. Simply muscular build. :P 

• Haha 1

Off-road trail riding is definitely an aerobic exercise on a wheel - I am usually knackered after an hour or 2 of that.

And if you live somewhere hot, yet still have to put up with all that armour I bet you can sweat the weight off to some extent :)

7 hours ago, MrEUCMan said:

Maybe eat some salad first

Does that actually work? I thought the primary function of 'salad' was to allow you to use a fork and still get ample bleu cheese dressing into your mouth. Kind of the same as "eating" an artichoke, an artichoke is really a butter spoon.

Although, it has been said: "Salad doesn't fill you up, it just ruins your appetite", so perhaps.

Edited by Tawpie

10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Off-road trail riding is definitely an aerobic exercise on a wheel - I am usually knackered after an hour or 2 of that.

And if you live somewhere hot, yet still have to put up with all that armour I bet you can sweat the weight off to some extent :)

Meh, i mostly ride smooth ground. And in summer ride with T-shirt. So....

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Nah. Ditching carbs might though.

Fasting also helps. It's easier not eating 1-3 days, than trying to count calories. :D Lost ~7lbs in 3 days once. After ~3 months have gained back 2 lbs. :D First day of fasting is the most "awful", but next day you feel energized and full of energy. And same time don't feel hungry anymore. Also your appetite "normalizes" after fasting for 2 days. You stop wanting to eat non stop.. That's also a big plus.

I don't know how we could be more off topic... But fasting might indeed be an effective way of losing weight quickly, but ditching carbs is one way that would prevent the weight from coming back in the long run. If one is overweight, their eating habits suck, no way around it. Mine did too.

A few years ago I gained 15kg because of a medication. But that too only did it because it messed up my feeling of hunger, so I ate too much. I hate meds.

We are what we eat.

Back on topic, an EUC with an 18x3" (= 2.75-14 = 80/90-14) tire works well for large people. I'm currently 193cm / 106kg, and all 16" wheels feel a bit sketchy. 18x3" has a relaxed ride feel and behaviour, and is still pretty nimble for a large guy. It's simply a good match.

I don't know if there are crucial differences in the actual weight carrying capacity of 18x3" EUCs. There are no standards on how to determine the figure that manufacturers state in the specs, so one manufacturer's 100kg can be just as good as another's 150kg. Therefore I wouldn't stare at the specs for this, but instead look for the common issues for each model you're considering. If there are a lot of snapped axles, that's a bad sign for heavyweights. Etc.

The V11 is otherwise fine, but the suspension rails may wear out a bit fast especially if a heavy rider does a lot of off-roading. Unfortunately most of the new models are drowned with issues, so it's hard to pick up a wheel  launched in the last 2 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Does that actually work? I thought the primary function of 'salad' was to allow you to use a fork and still get ample bleu cheese dressing into your mouth. Kind of the same as "eating" an artichoke, an artichoke is really a butter spoon.

Although, it has been said: "Salad doesn't fill you up, it just ruins your appetite", so perhaps.

I don't know man, it's just what my wife says to me "Eat a salad!"

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for the recommendations, who knew I'd ask for euc advice and be answered by a bunch of nutritionalists and dieticians ;)

I bought an extreme bull commander, thus far very stable easy to ride, and seems to cope with extra strain well enough.

Happy riding (and dieting if that's your thing)

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

First Euc sheman max ??? No way. Too heavy and too hard. He will bruise himself and hate it.  I say take light unit slide ks18 or inmotion v8 . It will be fun to learn the balance  thing. 

There is a YouTube with a guy that started on Sherman and regretted.