ATGATT

The Brahan Seer

8 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

For me gloves & helmet are my bare minimum for a slow ride to the closest shops.  I would NOT ride a Sherman at 45mph without a lot more gear than that.  For riding at 45mph I'd be wearing close to the same gear as when I ride my 1000cc motorcycle.  I'm talking full face helmet. gloves/wrist guards, Leatt Dual-Axis knee guards, mesh jacket with protection for chest/shoulders/elbows and my usual riding footwear - motorcycle boots.

I don't understand how anyone can think it is OK to ride an electric wheel at 45mph without a decent amount of protective gear, there is way too much risk at that speed of serious injury or even death.  I can understand taking some risks at 15mph, but not at 45mph.

One should take into mind where he is also riding.

Big busy city, where people are almost arms length from one to another. Or where cars are behind each other in lines and same type riding.

Verses.

Small city where most paths are empty and you don't need to ride with cars.

If i was living in "big city" i for sure would gear up everytime. Heck i would even get back/front braces, etc.. So all my body is protected. But i'm riding most of times on empty smooth ground. Which is why i use full face helmet, wrist/knee guards when going 35-40km/h. And only wrist guards on "slow" ~20km/h rides.

Edited by Funky

• 4 weeks later...

Video cam whilst on an EUC might be advisable as well.

Bike Camera Footage Wins Case For Cyclist

AMLnZu9KR4VZFEa55DruJIetNDWpz4bYyV1l5EyQLevenes Solicitors 2

July 9, 2015

Levenes Solicitors represented Mr RS in a claim against a Sainsbury’s van driver for compensation for the injuries and losses suffered as a result of a road traffic accident.

Mr RS has received £3,859.40 in compensation for his injuries, damage to his bike and losses associated with it.