Are euc's exceptionally vulnerable or dangerous?

11 hours ago, blox1130 said:

@VanturionThere's no reason EUCs couldn't use field weakening. Some of the people who built onewheels with vescs have posted videos showing a top speed increase.

That's interesting, I kind of qualified my question that way as I don't fully understand how field weakening works so I was hoping to avoid haha. I get the concept, but I don't understand the implementation/transition point in which it starts to work and how it changes a motor's torque vs speed performance curves without it. Anyway, getting even more off topic, but cool to see some people are successfully using it on self-balancing EVs.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, enaon said:

All braking action is using regen alone.

I don't think so

On 10/6/2022 at 11:54 PM, enaon said:

I thought is was obvious from monitoring voltage and amps on braking action, have you ever noticed something different?

Yes, I have, though it's many years ago, namely voltage sags under hard braking, IIRC.

If braking would only be regen, we should have seen regular reports of either braking failures, that is, reverse overleans, or destroyed batteries from braking, in particular on wheels with smallish batteries. Yet, I haven't really seen any such reports.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:02 AM, blox1130 said:

Another thing people seem to not notice: we always have ABS enabled. Even better ABS than any other number of wheels.

I have seen wheels spinning backwards while braking (and forwards while accelerating) on several occasions. Most EUCs don't mitigate wheel speed with ground speed, AFAIK. That is, no ABS.

Edited by Mono