Bricked begode master

Cebulafpv

Hello, after update my master won't turn on anymore. I tried disconnect batteries but didn't help. I can connect to BT but update doesn't work. I can also hear some very quiet bzzz sound from motherboard. What else can I do? I thought that I can update via programmator but I dont have firmware in bin file. Can someone help me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cebulafpv said:

Hello, after update my master won't turn on anymore. I tried disconnect batteries but didn't help. I can connect to BT but update doesn't work. I can also hear some very quiet bzzz sound from motherboard. What else can I do? I thought that I can update via programmator but I dont have firmware in bin file. Can someone help me?

you need to do the power/lift switch trick to take it to firmware update mode (bootloader).

have a look at this video, it has freestyler's method in it, it didn't work for the t4, but he found another way to do it, maybe the master is like that.

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

If the wheel is actually bricked then you need to unplug the batteries and discharge the capacitors.

After that, you connect the batteries and you must immediately try to put the wheel into firmware update mode using the combination.

You have only ONE try. If you fail (or try to power on the wheel normally) then the wheel will insta-brick once again and you have to repeat the above cycle.

In any case I sent the firmware to @Cebulafpv since he wants to try with a cable.

Edited by Freestyler

I have noticed that in the unbricking video, when the video is played at a quarter speed, right at the very beginning of the video, he pressed and held down the lift button first, then he pressed and held down the power button, until the wheel turned on. Then he released the lift button and pressed the lift button four times in quick succession, while the power button is still held down. After the four presses of the lift button, he then finally released the power button.

After this procedure, he then showed that the wheel is on but doesn't self balance. 

Just wondering, if these are the steps that you tried?

Edited by techyiam

Small update. With firmware from @Freestyler wheel was compleatly dead, even bluetooth was off, then i copied firmware from second v1 master with programmator and flashed it into my wheel. Now bluetooth is on and when pressing on switch wheel does full speed spin itself:blink1:. There is something wrong with firmware vesrsion. BTW anyone know which motherboard version is that? Its not v1 and no v2 :huh:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bBLW9bkszTMs1Bnn8

Edited by Cebulafpv

On 9/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, Cebulafpv said:

Hello, after update my master won't turn on anymore. I tried disconnect batteries but didn't help. I can connect to BT but update doesn't work. I can also hear some very quiet bzzz sound from motherboard. What else can I do?

You have version V1.5 of the motherboard.  The problem was caused by an update using the Begode app.  Please write us which version killed your motherboard V1.5.  

I am asking no one else to make your costly mistake

• 3 months later...

Hi there, is there any news? I bricked my Begode master with v1.5 board. The seller is not helpful (blocked me on Ali, lol) and Begode does not respond. 

Does anyone have an idea how to put the v1.5 in firmware mode?

Above methods (incl discharged capacitors) only makes the headlight flash in a rapid decreasing interval and then turns off by it self after a while. Bluetooth works but disappears on turn off. Soft squeaky sound present but stops on turn off.

When button trick performed wrong it just turn on the headlight and the wheel is impossible to turn off. (Insta brick) Need to disconnect the batteries.

Maybe it is just properly and permanently bricked/fried?

Bluetooth is visible but update stays at 0% (tried all Master firmware versions)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robvanlife said:

Maybe it is just properly and permanently bricked/fried?

No. It's impossible to perma brick the board from software updates.

You are doing it right, but you need to apply a variation.

The variation in the Master style of wheels is that you have to keep the power button pressed for the whole flash duration

Check this video at the end:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Freestyler said:

The variation in the Master style of wheels is that you have to keep the power button pressed for the whole flash duration

Thank you so much for this information. Glad to hear it is impossible to permanent-brick this thing.
I tried your advice many times but unfortunately stays at 0%. Even with the power button presses.
The headlight is still weirdly blinking and fades down in duration. However with the power button pressed it doesn't turn off. The faint high pitch tone is hearable and continues. 

I'm not able to get the wheel properly beeping for updates and I tried all the Master firmware versions in the app.
however there is only v1, v2.2, v2.4 and a v2.3, even tried the Master X but without success. Any ideas? is there missing a v1.5?

• Like 1

Is your version the one with the batteries in series and the single layer motherboard?

If so, the firmware you are looking for is Master v1_GW2014003.

The only suggestion I can give you is to keep trying. It's not easy to get it right.

It is frustrating to the point of thinking that it might never work, but it does.

Take a look at this video as well: 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

Is your version the one with the batteries in series and the single layer motherboard?

I guess so, I included a pic.
Thanks @Freestyler for your help and support!
I will keep trying the procedure over and over again until it works.
Feel kind a trained by now with the button combo, the headlights turns on (fail) rarely, most of the it is blinking

Hopefully one time the update will start I will come back here after success, if not I'm still pressing buttons.

Recap from all the videos and freestyler advice for my Begode Master:

Button combo:
- Hold the Spin button
- Then press and hold the power button (don't let go)
- And start rapidly pressing the spin button.

If lights turn on and stay on means failed. Try again. (detach battery/ discharge capacitors)
I'm still hoping for the firmware beeps but instead the lights keeps flashing at a decreasing intensity.

begode_master_board_v1.5.jpg

3 minutes ago, robvanlife said:

And start rapidly pressing the spin button.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, techyiam said:

pressed the lift button four times in quick succession,

Maybe it's exactly four times - not three and not five...?

It could help to let someone else try the procedure?

Good luck with the buttons!

45 minutes ago, robvanlife said:

If lights turn on and stay on means failed. Try again. (detach battery/ discharge capacitors)

One last tip. I had to recover 2 times so far and it took me around 10-15 tries each time. (Good thing I had an antispark cable btw to prevent the wear of the connector)

What I did on the final successful attempt on both times was to be very decisive and after re-plugging the batteries to immediately start the button sequence without wasting time at all.

The lift switch presses also have to be very quick.

Good luck!

Edited by Freestyler

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

It could help to let someone else try the procedure?

Good luck with the buttons!

Like what I said in my post, it was only from watching the video. Not my personal experience. I observed 4 times, playing back at quarter speed.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, Chriull said:

I tried many hours (and counting). After this comment, I discovered that in my case it doesn’t matter as soon as I release the spin button and press it again. The headlight starts blinking. No matter if it is 1, 2, 3, 4, or (maniac mode) countless times.

Every-time the same result, if I wait a little longer before pressing the spin button again, the headlight stays on. There’s nothing in between.

I tried @Freestyler ‘s advice without wasting any time. Also tried to already hold the spinbutton before connecting the battery and start the sequence at the moment of the spark.

Same results, my gf tried and exactly the same happens, headlight keeps flashing on a decreasing intensity. Anyone familiar with this or any suggestions? I’m losing a bit of faith in this well engineered brand. 

Anyway I’ll keep trying. Thanks for all the support here! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robvanlife said:

I’m losing a bit of faith in this well engineered brand. 

Not sure 'well engineered' describes anything Gotway make - sure it's exciting and fast and powerful, and when it works it's wonderful, but they often let themselves down with silly design errors and build mistakes / oversights, and bullshit like this, where there is no official documentation for how to unbrick machines after their failing wi-fi updates. I love my Master, but updating mine has been a bit horrible, I haven't done any firmware updates because I fear exactly this situation, and I live in constant fear each ride might be my last before the next period of 'wheel down-ness' ! This is part of the 'joy' of owning wheels by those guys :/

I really hope perseverance wins the day for you !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1