A case for distributors to list factory wheel versions & improvements

Far too often, when I'm searching for a wheel, I look for additional information for a certain wheel I'm looking to buy. Most information i receive is more detailed in a email inquiry than shown on distributor site.  I feel wheel versions and improvements made to a wheel should be included on the buy page if they are NOT already included. There is also this scattered confusion with these factory wheel revisions  posted on reddit, this forum and Facebook pages before contacting the distributor, and not seeing this info on the buy page, again leading to more inquiring and asking around instead of being well informed by checking the sites we are ordering from.

For example, im looking the Begode Master. I have seen additional information of version types of this wheel floating all over the net, and I prefer the most recent version to buy. Its like ordering a car with a specific name. But what year? what revisions? What has been recalled? It helps in my research.  Just simply stating you are selling Begode Master is ok in the beginning but afterwards need to distinguish which version you are selling as months and years go by. 

I ask eWheels, Euco, Alien Rides and any other distributor across the world, to please start including on their buy pages all additional information of what revisions we are expected to receive when we Press BUY. All diagrams, charts sent over by the factory or copied verbatim on the product description page. It would also help to label the title of every wheel being sold as "..v.2, v.3, v.4" ect.

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I guess 'versioning' doesn't really apply when you are largely making it up as you go along, or hastily improvising revisions to address problems customers find with your earlier batches !

But yes I would agree it would be helpful to see a batch or run number before we buy. Not only good to see which version you are getting so that you can do your own research on the characteristics of that batch, but you could also read it like a sort of simplified XP score ! By batch 10 they might be really good at it by now ! :)

• 1 month later...