WARNING: Begode T4 has shown the motor stator slippage issue, too! Sudden unexpected crash possible. Be aware and check yours.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!  One of my customers just got ala new T4 with a QS motor.  He says he's having the same slipping issue.  Has anyone heard of this happening on the QS models?  I have the serial number and it's definitely a QS models. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sseuc.com said:

Hi guys!  One of my customers just got ala new T4 with a QS motor.  He says he's having the same slipping issue.  Has anyone heard of this happening on the QS models?  I have the serial number and it's definitely a QS models. 

Upon further review it may not be slipping but something worse with this particular defective wheel.  It sounds like a car running out of gas!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sseuc.com said:

Upon further review it may not be slipping but something worse with this particular defective wheel.  It sounds like a car running out of gas!

Post a video so the problem can be discussed with more information.

7 minutes ago, sseuc.com said:

Make sure volume is up.

Check your pedal mount screws and make sure the control board is securely fastened. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sseuc.com said:

Make sure volume is up

You also might want to make sure the firmware is up to date and try medium or hard mode.  Soft on some models has produced problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sseuc.com said:

Make sure volume is up.

That doesn't sound like the classic "your stator has slipped" noise, but it's difficult to tell. Generally, when the stator slips it causes the hall sensor wires to get pulled tight (they're zip tied at their entrance point and the hall sensors are glued to the edge) and eventually they get pulled apart. On S22 the motor temperature sensor wire would break first and this might brush or rub on the motor cover causing an audible scraping noise.

Your noise doesn't sound like a wire scraping the cover to me... as others have pointed out it sounds like the motor itself is stuttering which it can do if the motherboard is loose. Or perhaps your bearings are not properly aligned?

No matter what it is, it's not right! You want to be in contact with your reseller about warranty work, and personally, I wouldn't ride it sounding like that.

[edit]. More than a few (most?) of the S22 slippages were severe enough to pull the motor power wires apart too, causing short circuits to the motor cover and blown motherboards.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

That doesn't sound like the classic "your stator has slipped" noise, but it's difficult to tell. Generally, when the stator slips it causes the hall sensor wires to get pulled tight (they're zip tied at their entrance point and the hall sensors are glued to the edge) and eventually they get pulled apart. On S22 the motor temperature sensor wire would break first and this might brush or rub on the motor cover causing an audible scraping noise.

Your noise doesn't sound like a wire scraping the cover to me... as others have pointed out it sounds like the motor itself is stuttering which it can do if the motherboard is loose. Or perhaps your bearings are not properly aligned?

No matter what it is, it's not right! You want to be in contact with your reseller about warranty work, and personally, I wouldn't ride it sounding like that.

[edit]. More than a few (most?) of the S22 slippages were severe enough to pull the motor power wires apart too, causing short circuits to the motor cover and blown motherboards.

Thanks!  I'll keep you guys posted on what Begode says. 

• Like 2