WARNING: Begode T4 has shown the motor stator slippage issue, too! Sudden unexpected crash possible. Be aware and check yours.

8 hours ago, supercurio said:

Promising news, Begode opted for QS motors as new supplier for the T4.

Instead of trying to fix the issue with ZX who let everybody down and is reported to not have been supportive to Begode at all in the process, Begode switched to QA, a factory reputed for high power motors.

https://www.qsmotor.com/motor-category/

This is good news! So, are there any T4 ZX motors out there with the pins installed, or is it safe to assume all ZX motors are unsafe? And are these QS motors made differently in a way that makes the stator slippage issue impossible, or do they just have keys installed? 

• Like 1

I believe that QS has better experience of high power/high torque motors, providing e-scooter and e-bikes industry.
I guess manufacturing process shall be different and well mastered.
I'm not sure QS use keys as it might reduce motor efficiency.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

This is good news! So, are there any T4 ZX motors out there with the pins installed, or is it safe to assume all ZX motors are unsafe? And are these QS motors made differently in a way that makes the stator slippage issue impossible, or do they just have keys installed? 

There are T4 ZX motors with pins installed indeed: in Russia ^_^ !
Grub screws instead of pins to be exact

1 hour ago, RolluS said:

I'm not sure QS use keys as it might reduce motor efficiency.

Agree, adding keys going across laminations seems to be a hack more than a solution.
I'm curious to learn more about electric motors tho and their manufacturing, to understand the variety of their designs.

32 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Has anyone found the fix for the issue or just order a new motor?

Since the motors are so similar between S22 and T4, the same fix/hack work for both.
Some dealers are investigating adding pins into the current ZX T4 motors as well for their customers.

• Like 1

Well, some people pre-ordered it to test for you if there were flaws. Now you can avoid buying it, but I personnaly would love continue to enjoy this awsome EUC.

Even my xxk€ electric car got a recall for batterie failure (several cars caught fire...). Welcome in the real consumer world Neo.

Edited by RolluS
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Well, some people pre-ordered it to test for you if there were flaws. Now you can avoid buying it, but I personnaly would love continue to enjoy this awsome EUC.

Even my xxk€ electric car got a recall for batterie failure (several cars caught fire...). Welcome in the real consumer world Neo.

No real "testing" done before selling.. As always, we are the testers. And if you don't want the first/second batch problems with your new wheel. Simply don't buy them for ~ 1 year, till the problems get fixed.

Edited by Funky

Before receiving my wheel I've seen hours of people from Begode or other "locals" city riding the wheel. Lot of up/downstairs videos, etc...
I think it has been tested for hundreds or thousands km before reaching our markets.

Anyway, I know that because I have been in a hurry to get this wheel, I'm a first batch tester. This is just a personal choice and tradeoff.

As long as there are no third party organisation that independently and impartially test these wheel according to available standards, and regulation to keep manufacturers from selling unfinished/untested products, first batches riders will unfortunately be test pilots.

9 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Before receiving my wheel I've seen hours of people from Begode or other "locals" city riding the wheel. Lot of up/downstairs videos, etc...
I think it has been tested for hundreds or thousands km before reaching our markets.

Seems like they didn't test "hard" enough. :D

In testing phase one should trash the wheel hard enough to break it. Or at least try to break it.. DOH because you are testing it. One who test should find the wheel limits. Simple jumping/riding won't do. -I also have seens videos, those jumps/riding isn't worth calling a "test".

Test should be - extreme!!! As noone in real world would try them.

Edited by Funky

Why would they bother extreme riding with their employees and health & safety issues when influencers and customers will accept to do it for free?

Lot of minds to change here.

But I agree, stress tests shall be mandatory before joining the market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolluS said:

Why would they bother extreme riding with their employees and health & safety issues when influencers and customers will accept to do it for free?

Not even for free, they'll pay the full price of the wheel to do it!

• Upvote 1

For influencers probably they can get (very) good prices. Sometimes we heard "this wheel is mine, I paid full price for this one". Anyway, that's still fair.

The fact is more that consumers are crazy enough to pay 3/4th the price to be a test pilot 🤪

Edited by RolluS
  • Upvote 2

On 10/7/2022 at 11:44 AM, supercurio said:

Promising news, Begode opted for QS motors as new supplier for the T4.

Instead of trying to fix the issue with ZX who let everybody down and is reported to not have been supportive to Begode at all in the process, Begode switched to QA, a factory reputed for high power motors.

https://www.qsmotor.com/motor-category/

T4-QS-motor

This picture was shared from a friend who got hurt on his first T4 ride: 700m then cutout. His distributor send him this picture before sending replacement parts.

I remember for your friend. I hope his finger is recovering well.

Do we have any idea of the specs? Shall QS and ZX be the same performance wise?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a cutout on my recently purchased T4 from alienrides. Motor cutoff barely got a 2 beep warning and down I went. Battery was @ 80% and barely going 30mph. My first cutout, never had a problem w any other wheel. I sent 2 emails to alienrides and they have yet to respond. How long do they usually take? It's been over 3 days. I feel like alienrides should have contacted all their customers who purchased a t4 and warned us about this issue. I have to come here and learn about this after the fact? Very disappointed w alienrides thus far. 

What should I do?

3 minutes ago, Solosmooth said:

I had a cutout on my recently purchased T4 from alienrides. Motor cutoff barely got a 2 beep warning and down I went. Battery was @ 80% and barely going 30mph. My first cutout, never had a problem w any other wheel. I sent 2 emails to alienrides and they have yet to respond. How long do they usually take? It's been over 3 days. I feel like alienrides should have contacted all their customers who purchased a t4 and warned us about this issue. I have to come here and learn about this after the fact? Very disappointed w alienrides thus far. 

What should I do?

Wheel doesn't work anymore? Was it rider error or wheel simply stopped working?

If it wasn't my fault.. I would return the wheel. Demand a refund. Simply because defective product.

1 hour ago, Solosmooth said:

What should I do?

Like @Funkysaid, return your wheel and ride your 16x until they fix the t4. They aren’t ready to be sold to the public yet as you’ve found out. Money talks and if enough t4s are returned, theyll get the message. Otherwise, keep waiting on alienrides to do the right thing.

9 hours ago, Solosmooth said:

I had a cutout on my recently purchased T4 from alienrides. Motor cutoff barely got a 2 beep warning and down I went. Battery was @ 80% and barely going 30mph. My first cutout, never had a problem w any other wheel.

Hello @Solosmooth, damn that sounds painful, I hope your gear protected you from too much harm.

What's the current status of the wheel? Does it still turn on, does the motor make any abnormal sound or resistance when turning?
Was it during an acceleration when the cutout occurred? 

• Like 1

I also got my t4 from Alienrides and have heard nothing concerning the motor defect or any other issues. That’s disappointing that my retailer is allowing me to ride a unsafe wheel. I’m considering returning it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bracky72 said:

I also got my t4 from Alienrides and have heard nothing concerning the motor defect or any other issues. That’s disappointing that my retailer is allowing me to ride a unsafe wheel. I’m considering returning it. 

Do it! Stick them in the ass. :D 

Motor makes strange electrical noise out the box. Wheel is damaged, turns on but no way im riding it again w defective motor. I didn't upgrade the firmware. And yet no replies from alienrides. I wish I would have waited and bought from ewheels. Jason always replied to all my concerns.

"I had a cutout on my recently purchased T4 from alienrides. Motor cutoff barely got a 2 beep warning and down I went. Battery was @ 80% and barely going 30mph. My first cutout, never had a problem w any other wheel. I sent 2 emails to alienrides and they have yet to respond. How long do they usually take? It's been over 3 days. I feel like alienrides should have contacted all their customers who purchased a t4 and warned us about this issue. I have to come here and learn about this after the fact? Very disappointed w alienrides thus far. 

What should I do?"

Edited by Solosmooth

11 minutes ago, Solosmooth said:

Motor makes strange electrical noise out the box. Wheel is damaged, turns on but no way im riding it again w defective motor. I didn't upgrade the firmware.

Oh no, I wish you knew about the issue beforehand, it sounds like your motor was defective out of the box and as you rode it, that inevitably lead to a cutout.

I'll mention this in the dealers group. Do you have a recording of how it sounded out of the box, or can you make one now? That'll help diagnosis.
From your original message - beeps then cutout it seemed more likely that it was an overlean (rider error) by the way. But motor noises puts it in a different category as you can imagine.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 2