[deleted]

ZacAndCheese

• ZacAndCheese changed the title to [For sale] Gotway MSP w/ Accessories - $1,600 + Shipping (Read Description)
15 minutes ago, ZacAndCheese said:

Stock cells

What are those? If it's the LG M50T, these are a known fire hazard and people will probably not want to buy the wheel (or at a lower price). If it's any other cells, the wheel is fine (and a great wheel).

You can check by opening a side panel, there is a sticker on each battery pack.

So as my luck would have it, I'm unsure as to what's inside of it, and I left my hex bit screwdrivers at my house, and thus do not have access to them today (living at my university apartment w/o my car insured).

As far as I'm aware I can't check for a couple days. I'll get back to you though, but as far as I'm aware, the wheel is stock so the chances of it having hazardous cells is likely. I'm having a hard time understanding the sources online that claim that you can get replacements for your faulty cells, so I'll need to wait a bit before answering further.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help right away, I'm kicking myself for leaving my hex bit kit at my house.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZacAndCheese said:

I'm having a hard time understanding the sources online that claim that you can get replacements for your faulty cells, so I'll need to wait a bit before answering further.

ewheels is doing a replacement of M50T packs, as I understand it. They'll send anyone with an affected wheel from them safe new packs once you prove you threw the old ones away. Other sellers, I have heard nothing.

You're right that the MSP lies in a dangerous time period. But who knows, maybe you have other cells and everything is good. Then buyers can be assured that there is no danger and you can get a good price. Recently there was the question about a Nikola from then, and it turned out to have Samsung cells.

Oh cool so it doesn't matter what cells it has because if it has the shitty ones, they can just contact eWheels and get em replaced. That's a huge relief. I'll still crack it open in a few days once my hex screwdrivers are in, but hopefully that doesn't scare anyone now :D 

I guess you'll need a receipt/something else (from the original owner maybe?) to confirm it is bought from ewheels/to give ewheels a reference to look up. Of course ewheels won't replace other seller's batteries, so you need something to show to them.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

24 minutes ago, ZacAndCheese said:

How do I determine if it came from eWheels? I'm not the original owner. Just wanna be sure

Obviously it's easier if you can get the original purchaser's receipt, but it's worth asking eWheels: "I bought this used and don't know if you sold it or not, is there anyway to check?" Any info about the person you bought it from would be helpful.

Alright well I was waiting for my order on a new hex bit set since I left mine back at home (currently still at my university), and that got cancelled /: But my family will be driving by on their way to a flight in a couple days so I should have concrete details about the battery in a few days for those that were considering giving it a new home.

Sorry for the radio silence people!

Don't fret too much on the stock packs. I have a MSP HT with the stock packs and it has 4100 miles on it, charges to a 100% and has never given me issues. When I inquired about the battery replacement last year (purchased from eWheels) they asked if it charged to 100%. When I responded yes they said the packs were fine and did not need to be warrantied.