Inmotion coming out with 2 smaller suspension wheels for 2023 rumor.

techyiam

42 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It comes down I had a few 30kmh incidents and that riding at high speed also burns battery/range much faster. 

It is very easy to feel safe when a ride is smooth and fun and agile. But others in you surroundings might not feel the same and do not anticipate you path/ride like you would do. Also EUCs are by default nor easy to make redundant safety systems that can hand components breakdown that can happen at any given point of you ride. 

Due to this it is why I am thinking high speed wheels is a very bad move as we are stille in the gret zone area of legal ride in many countries. 

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Since you have significant experiences with euc's, I respect your thought on euc's and speed.

Due to my decades of experience in motorcycling, I am much more aware of the risks, and ways to mitigate them. Euc's are too new to me, so it is still a question mark. However, I am open to exploring higher speed riding on euc's. There is no question that rider skills can make a big difference on euc's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I know they probed the interest by issuing a survey that I also shared with different channels.

*offtopic rant*

Ugh, I hate this "We need to make a survey to know what people want" attitude! Manufacturers, you don't respond to the perceived market, you create the market! You create the demand! You tell people what they want! With good wheels for a good price!

I guess this is a side effect of the fact that no people at any manufacturer seem to ride their own wheels in their daily life, so they're more or less clueless on what to build.

*rant over*

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2022 at 1:37 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

*offtopic rant*

Ugh, I hate this "We need to make a survey to know what people want" attitude! Manufacturers, you don't respond to the perceived market, you create the market! You create the demand! You tell people what they want! With good wheels for a good price!

I guess this is a side effect of the fact that no people at any manufacturer seem to ride their own wheels in their daily life, so they're more or less clueless on what to build.

*rant over*

Well that is one way of look at it. Not commenting if I agree or disagree. 

One just have to remember different brands do things differently. In the case of Inmotion they spend a lot of money to develop each new model because they had a design process and idea as compact and slim as possible so they had no room to fit a bigger battery or bigger/ stronger control board or motor. 

So when Inmotion put out a survey they are look for an idea of how big a market is there and where is the sweet spot between spec and price and an estimate of sales volume. 

And I totally agree people have been very laud to get faster wheels to such an extent that a new generation of V10f or a V11f had been forgotten. @mhpr262I did put this forward at the time back in Easter in my webmeeting. That too fast and too heavy wheels is not for everyone. That said the value of a flagship wheel is hard to argue against. But I seriously doubt that most GW fans would buy an Inmotion wheel. As it isn't just speed but how they are used to a GW wheel and the settings.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, techyiam said:

Euc's are too new to me, so it is still a question mark. However, I am open to exploring higher speed riding on euc's. There is no question that rider skills can make a big difference on euc's. 

So let's take this a little off topic. But I will bring it back in the end. 

On a motorcycle you are on semiselfstable vehicle. Speed to some extent is your friend as this will help the MC to continue in a straight line. If you have an engine cutout you can in most cases role to a standstill. A tire puncture is a bad situation but it might be handled or mitigate the impact depending on situation. 

So on an EUC it is vehicle that need torque and traction to maintain balance. In the way how the motor drives this you have no option to disengage it as a clutch on a MC. Also at high speed a tire puncture is very likely to end in faceplant crash. You are like to so little to no reaction time despite what other think they will be ale to do. 

I speak of actual crash experience I had. You can read about all of them on this forum. 

If an EUC cannot provide the torque to balance then rider "skill" to balance something that we rarely do comes into play. It isn't the same a mono wheel pedal powered circus bike. This you can practice and it take time to handle this. But a dead euc at 60kmh is a very different matter. 

It only take one broken link in a chain of this EUC power train to get into trouble. And this can happen at any given point. 

So speed and safety is not that all times it very much depends on how your vehicle is build. 

So comparing how a car and a MC and EUC works and when things goes bad, a car is a much safer choice. A MC might be safe is some but not all situations. But the EUC the odds are against a safe stop or mild crash once you are over walk/run of speed which for most riders is about 20kmh.

So the point of having a last mile or mid range commuting EUC means that a sherman might be able to do the job, but a V10f or KS18L might be better and smarter solution. 

Now I have 2x V11 (one of them need parts that are hard to find at times that why I bought a second unit) and a V10f (that I use as add on with my car) and an old KS18L (back up wheel). 

I would like to get a V11f with 2000wh battery and simple and easy service design. I don't need more than 45kmh plus good headroom (read this as surplus power but not limit free speed to use as speed like GW wheels do it) 

And I would very much like the idea of a 16x3" lightweight and compact V10f/KS16X ish suspension wheel.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:37 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

*offtopic rant*

*rant over*

It's not that they do or don't ride. It's another culture, plus they're on lockdown (Communist). I don't think they get the culture of leisurely riding in a pack. The last mile concept they get. The only group ride video I see from China, is the company test ride events. I don't even know if they know how to (or can) mob downtown.

1 hour ago, MrEUCMan said:

All I want for xmas is a 16" wheel that's as stable as a 22" and more agile than a 10", with 150 mile range while running at max speed of 90mph, 30 min charge time from 0%, and can drop from the space shuttle and hit the ground with no damage. And at least 10000 mosfets or whatever the equivalent of a nuclear power plant is. And, bearing that lasts longer than the energizer bunny. Lastly, tires that just pop out and pop in when time to swap. oh, and weight like 20lbs please.

Thank you for making me laugh. I sure do miss the days when this site was fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they do. The V8/V10 series have been hugely successful wheels…I don’t know if it’s true, but I’ve heard the the V8 out sold all other wheels combined for a while. The point is that for many riders this category of wheel is ideal. They are light enough, quick enough, have reasonable range for an urban environment and they don’t break the bank when you buy one. But they are getting on in years now, and to replace them with a modern suspension version would be the way to go…They should sell well if they go ahead. Also, it’s easy to think because of all the YouTube heroes, that everyone wants massively fast, heavy, expensive wheels with a range of 200kms.  In reality this isn’t true.. the most sold wheels are in the mid range, ..V8/V10..KS 16x/ XL etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

That would be really nice. I like how they made v13, but for me it's to heavy. It reduces the features of euc. It is difficult to put in a car, difficult to go upstairs, difficult to use public transport. I think Inmotion have much better assembly then other companies. Trusted hight IPX rating is really awesome. That would be perfect to see something with 30kg weight, 70kg speed, suspension and high IPX rating.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly…the weight of a V12 is as heavy as I’d personally go…any heavier the practicality goes. That’s why I keep my V8f..it’s …as Univentor says…an add on to the car! My V12 I love to bits… but it really isn’t quite the ..Grab it and Go Wheel that the V8 is! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, while I love the V13, I am finding that the wheel I enjoy the most is the V12 HT. That has to do with its weight, size, and feature set. The thing is zippy, but the top end isn't insane. It is heavy but light enough to pick up with one hand. And it is agile thanks to it being a 16" wheel. If suspension could be added without increasing the weight or bulk too much (I mean another 20 lbs would be acceptable for suspension) then that would be great as well. 

The irony with all of the wheels still coming out and on the horizon, is that it seems like the Veteran Sherman is still an excellent wheel that just gets so much right. I kind of wish companies would look at that, and make more decisions based on that. 

That said, Inmotion has done REALLY well with the V12 and the V13 respectively. I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store next. 

• Like 3