Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

13 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I heard from an insider that the v13 high speed mode might not be coming anymore. Im taking it with a grain of salt, but apparently internally they aren't sure about pushing out an update

I’m not too surprised actually. I think there is a certain event in the not so distant past that could’ve led to this decision.

But like you said, let’s wait for further details before getting amped up.

11 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Denis’s view:

He doesnt seem too excited about the minor changes with the ex30 and says its too similar to the master design, but that is what I am excited about lol. The little minor things add up to make this the best iteration of the master design yet. Feels like he just isnt a fan of the whole modern begode lineup design philosophy in general. Which to be honest, what is the difference between this begode design and the kingsong s22? Feels like a red vs blue kinda situation to me

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just finished a 30mile ride and it's crazy stable. So much better than the master. Did some stairs and normal steps are fine, didn't even touch the battery boxes or the kickstand. Shock was at 275lbs and tire pressure 38lbs. 

20230307_192851.jpg

Edited by trailless
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

He doesnt seem too excited about the minor changes with the ex30 and says its too similar to the master design, but that is what I am excited about lol. The little minor things add up to make this the best iteration of the master design yet. Feels like he just isnt a fan of the whole modern begode lineup design philosophy in general. Which to be honest, what is the difference between this begode design and the kingsong s22? Feels like a red vs blue kinda situation to me

The minor changes they made from the master makes a huge difference in how it rides. Way better. 

Edited by trailless
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@trailless So neat that you have both wheels! (master and ex30). I was wondering what your thoughts were on the acceleration? Ex30 wins range and stability it seems, but what about acceleration? Have you seen A K EUC video on youtube that he just posted? He said the ex30 was a bit slower than the master 40t.

6 hours ago, stephenvdavis said:

@trailless So neat that you have both wheels! (master and ex30). I was wondering what your thoughts were on the acceleration? Ex30 wins range and stability it seems, but what about acceleration? Have you seen A K EUC video on youtube that he just posted? He said the ex30 was a bit slower than the master 40t.

I haven't watched that video. I have the master 50e and I'd say from a standstill it's smlimilar. But once you get rolling a bit, the EX30 wins for sure. I also have to mess with my pad placement a bit more. 

I run both wheels on medium mode with about a 3degree forward tilt on the pedals. 

1 minute ago, pioneer said:

Any maybe rumours on improving EX30 offroad-wise from Begode? I.e. higher (or with adjustable height) pedals/battery boxes, any chance of that?

But doesn't Begode already has the Master to cover that use case?

One of the selling points of the EX30 is lower pedal height and CoG.

Just now, techyiam said:

But doesn't Begode already has the Master to cover that use case?

One of the selling points of the EX30 is lower pedal height and CoG.

Yeah except it requires owning one more wheel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Yeah except it requires owning one more wheel.

There should be a 126V, 16" Sherman-S coming soon. Top speed is rumored to be 80+ km/h, and with a 16" tire, it should be responsive too.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

There should be a 126V, 16" Sherman-S coming soon. Top speed is rumored to be 80+ km/h, and with a 16" tire, it should be responsive too.

Well, if the existing 20" 3600 Wh Sherman S had 126V, I'd pick it right away. But if I were LeaperKim, I wouldn't sacrifice the current Sherman S sales by introducing a 126V Sherman S killer in exactly the same market niche. Maybe next year we'll see an improvement called Sherman S Pro.

Edited by pioneer
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Well, if the existing 20" 3600 Wh Sherman S had 126V, I'd pick it right away.

Is the ~80km/h top speed of the 100V version not enough for you?

3 hours ago, pioneer said:

Any maybe rumours on improving EX30 offroad-wise from Begode? I.e. higher (or with adjustable height) pedals/battery boxes, any chance of that?

Why would anyone do that to an excellent onroad wheel, it will always be too heavy to make a good offroad wheel anyways.

Can anyone provide some clarification on the firmware upgrade for the ex30. My wheel has the issue with oscillation right around 55 mph. I was told the issue has been resolved with the updated firmware in the begode app. There are 3 available options but no release notes for any of em. I’d like to avoid blindly flashing an update. Any insight would be great. 

• Upvote 2

Dawn's been giving it some beans on the EX-30, and much to my surprise, she doesn't seem that keen...

Unstable / oscillation at speed, very susceptible to wind push, lots of sharp edges, need to work to accelerate.

I hope some of that instability can be attributed to her newness on the wheel (mine on the Master at higher speeds initially was definitely down to my lack of experience with it) or perhaps that horrible knobby tyre isn't helping ? But it's a shame, because I thought they had solved the stability issue on this model.

Edited by Cerbera

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Dawn's been giving it some beans on the EX-30, and much to my surprise, she doesn't seem that keen...

Unstable / oscillation at speed, very susceptible to wind push, lots of sharp edges, need to work to accelerate.

I hope some of that instability can be attributed to her newness on the wheel (mine on the Master at higher speeds initially was definitely down to my lack of experience with it) or perhaps that horrible knobby tyre isn't helping ? But it's a shame, because I thought they had solved the stability issue on this model.

I like her video as she talks all the way through with the scenery.  I’ve only done 30 miles on my ex30 lol so hopefully the firmware is updated before I start riding properly.  

What does "oscillation" mean here? Ordinary left and right wobbles that are most likely the fault of the rider? Or does the wheel tilt forward and backward?

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

What does "oscillation" mean here? Ordinary left and right wobbles that are most likely the fault of the rider? Or does the wheel tilt forward and backward?

probably she meant vibrations she feels from the wheel at high speed. likely the motor? this usually is fixed with firmware updates

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Its likely forwards and backwards which cannot be fixed by the rider as its an issue with the wheel's firmware itself. The demo ex30 where I am also had oscillations at 88kmh on the earliest firmware. Begode said the most recent firmware update should have fixed it, but it seems they have more work to do

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

The EX30 looking like its a popular selling wheel so hopefully Begode puts their software team on this issue pronto and has a firmware fix fast. 

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

But it's a shame, because I thought they had solved the stability issue on this model.

Most of the people on facebook say the stability is amazing and they cant go back to riding their master. Lower center of gravity should be less affected by winds as well. Dawn is considered a pretty lightweight rider and as a lightweight rider myself, wind is worse than if you were a heavier rider.

Maybe the oscillation issue is a wheel to wheel issue? Plenty of people have taken their ex30 to ~90kmh and didnt report any oscillations. I only know of 3 riders (1 local) that got oscillations at those high speeds. 

Good to know this needn't concern me since 99.9% of my riding is done way below 30 km/h, LOL. How people can trust their wheels enough to go 80 km/h and beyond I will never know.

• Upvote 3