Anyone knows about new 14" Ninebot A1?

Dmitry71

I've seen it on the Chinese site and I can read Chinese. Basically it copies the look of the ZERO (which I own) but it seems like they're trying to appeal to a wider market this time with one product.

The basic model has one battery pack and of course the price is lower. With the Advanced upgrade, users can easily install an additional battery pack and it is supposed to be used in tandem, increasing available power and a little extra mileage and top speed. I think it's a great idea really. A reduced product range would allow Ninebot to focus better on a few.

Might even consider getting myself one if someone else in the family wants to take my ZERO. (no one else can ride it yet lol)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@playdad I don't agree that 9b1 copying the look of zero though. Ninebot found the look and they continue to use it on new model as well.

And, doubling the milage is not just a "little extra"...

16 minutes ago, Vik's said:

@playdad I don't agree that 9b1 copying the look of zero though. Ninebot found the look and they continue to use it on new model as well.

And, doubling the milage is not just a "little extra"...

Lol, yeah Ok, ZERO did copy NB1! Then again this A1 looks a little more like a ZERO than a NB1 too. Anyway, that's not important, they all look great. I don't have brand specific loyalty. I buy whatever delivers more for the money.

As for the mileage, you are correct. It's more than "a little". However, given how the user is likely to use more power being more aggressive etc and pushing it harder (at least I would not dare to push it on a 155wh battery), it probably will go far less than double. Still it's probably more than a little since even with the Advanced model, they seem to be limiting the top speed to 20km/h. I have no idea why... 20km/h is nice but being able to hit at least 25km/h would be far better. I guess one could still accelerate much harder on it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i was just wondering if anybody knows how i can remove these scratches. I purchased a NB1 A1 and i dropped it and now it has some scratches just wondering if anybody has any tips to remove the scratches or know where i can replace the panels? Located in the USA

-Thanks, Stu

20160630_101334.jpg

20160630_101351.jpg

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Not positive it will work, but it's what it is advertised to do.  http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-lb-blue-polish-compound-96776.html

Thanks, i tried some stuff i use for my car and it helped a little but it still looks like this. I'm not sure if they even repair these in the US yet. Seems like only one place in the states sells the A1 right now 

14 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Who sells them in the US? I didn't know anybody did.

I got mine from Creative Riders Ive actually gotten my xiaomi mini from them as well a while back. I had seen them advertised on their website to order, so i had called them to verify that they were really in stock and i was told yes so i placed an order and sure enough i did receive it shortly after. I ordered mine with the optional 2nd battery and rapid charger as well. 

-Stu 

@OVERBOOSTN did you have any issues with activation via the app? (as original speculation was that the A1 was only for the Chinese market, as opposed to the S2).

Also, what exactly defines the rapid charger? My S2 came with a 63V 2.5A charger, is your's higher than 2.5A? Thx.

15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@OVERBOOSTN did you have any issues with activation via the app? (as original speculation was that the A1 was only for the Chinese market, as opposed to the S2).

Also, what exactly defines the rapid charger? My S2 came with a 63V 2.5A charger, is your's higher than 2.5A? Thx.

I had Zero issues as far as activation with the app, it worked the same as it did for me with my Xiaomi Mini took a a few minutes and it was ready to go. 

As far as the charger I don't believe it its actually a rapid charger, I just checked the specs of the charger and its the same as your's 63v 2.5A. Maybe the sales person meant it was higher capacity charger to support the 2nd battery and charge the unit quicker. 

-Stu

The stock NineBot One E+ charger is only 1.9A, so maybe 2.5A is considered Rapid.

What did you pay for your A1 with extra battery?  I've placed a request for a quote, but haven't heard back yet.

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

The stock NineBot One E+ charger is only 1.9A, so maybe 2.5A is considered Rapid.

What did you pay for your A1 with extra battery?  I've placed a request for a quote, but haven't heard back yet.

I paid $599 for the A1 and i paid $260 for the extra battery with free shipping.

-Stu

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Sounds like sales marketing tactics then, the standard charge for A1/S2 is 2.5A, not that significantly faster to be considered "rapid" than the old E+ at 1.9A.

Im not sure it's def a different and much larger charger than what comes with the A1 in the box. 

-Stu

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

Archived