Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I think the answer is owning multiple wheels 😂

I came to this conclusion a while back, have a tool for every job. But I will say if you own just one wheel the Shermax/Sherman S is a pretty good all rounder.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I came to this conclusion a while back, have a tool for every job. But I will say if you owners just one wheel the Shermax/Sherman S would be a pretty good all rounder.

Agreed. I think a Sherman-S with a Shinko 244 is about as close as you can get to an all-rounder today. Might prefer an EX30 with a MCP/Pilot2 on street. Might prefer a T4 or theoretical 16" Leaperkim wheel on the trail. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rdouvi said:

Lifter trolley from EUC Clubhouse 

https://www.eucclubhouse.com/products/lifter-trolley-for-sherman-s?variant=43762258247898

two versions: the Classic and the Belzébuth. A video shows the usage. 

Thanks for this, I'm ordering one!

Edit: Shipping costs more than the product so maybe not. Still nice though

Edited by Clem604

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

Edit: Shipping costs more than the product so maybe not. Still nice though

Looks very printable though, I’m sure an .stl will pop up sooner or later. I’d surely have already made one if I had an S.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Comparing the number issues surfacing for the Sherman-S so far to the likes of the S22 and the Master, it is looking good for Leaper Kim.

1st batch, 415 miles and still going strong. Rode through deep mud up to the pedals a few weeks ago, and some light rain last night. This thing is very well built. I was a little concerned at first because of the size, but I have gotten used to it and now it feels light and nimble as my muscles have adapted. I have also only added pads and a hillbilly seat so far. No crazy sliders or upgraded shocks needed.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I was planning on getting a dedicated offroad suspension wheel because I thought there was no way the Sherman S was gonna be a good trail wheel at 100lbs.  I was very wrong.  The sherman S is an amazing offroad wheel, amazing commuter and amazing longhaul wheel.

Because the sherman S is good at almost everything, I have now completely lost interest in the new wheels coming out.  This is the last wheel I would ever need. 

There is only one area in which im not happy with the Sherman S - highspeed onroad cruising in high gusty winds.  Its very unstable.  To fix this I either need to learn to ride seated, or I need to buy an ex30 or master pro.  I think learning to ride seated would be a lot cheaper.

Seated riding it awesome, I do it on my V11 all the time. Once I have found a taller seat I think the S will be great to ride seated.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Seated riding it awesome, I do it on my V11 all the time. Once I have found a taller seat I think the S will be great to ride seated.

Problem is I'm 6'8" 240lbs.  I think this is why riding in the wind on high pedal wheels is so problematic for me.  Seated riding would fix it but I would need a super tall seat on the Sherman S.

The only thing the Sherman S cant do for me is long range (30+ miles) high speed cruising - like what we do on group rides. 

For those kinds of rides and for seated riding I need to have a tall wheel in 22 inches like the v13 or Master pro.   If the v13 had 3600wh I would be all over it.  I rode a master pro and it felt great, but I just cant stomach paying over 4k for something with Begode quality.  

I see my next wheel purchase as either being the next generation Inmotion wheel (v13 w/3600wh and better suspension) or if I could get a great deal on a master pro.  I would use that wheel as my long/fast group ride wheel and use the Sherman S as an offroad / short range wheel.

The 16 inch 126v Sherman looks appealing, but I really think small wheels like that dont work for someone my size.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, wstuart said:

The only thing the Sherman S cant do for me is long range (30+ miles) high speed cruising - like what we do on group rides. 

But other than the Master Pro, what other wheels are the other riders in your group riding to have significantly more range than your Sherman-S? 

Are most of the riders in your group riding Master Pro then?

Holy moly, you guys are cruising at very high speeds?

26 minutes ago, wstuart said:

If the v13 had 3600wh I would be all over it.

I'm not following. Why would a V13 with 3600Wh battery capacity have more range than your current Sherman-S. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Well hopefully LK decides in the future to release an Abrams S or something in the same spirit.

+1.

Plus:

(1) Raise the system voltage to 151.2 V (36 cells x 4.2 V). Group rides will drive up the demand. Top speed matters.

(2) Get rid of the tubeless tire.

(3) Put in a crown or cross brace at the top of the hydraulic struts.

(4) Compression and rebound damping and adjusters in each leg.

(5) High discharge battery packs.

(6) 3810 Wh battery capacity.  36 cells x 6P x 3.6V Actual rated nominal voltage x 4.9 Ah Charge Capacity, assuming using Samsung 40T cells.

(7) 100+ km/h top speed.

(8) Dynamic tiltback.

(9) No knobby tire.

(10) Low pedal height and low CoG.

This will be strictly be a high speed interceptor.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

And yes the group rides are too fast.  Im trying to ride with the likes of Dawn Champion and Roger.  Along with them are a group of riders in LA and San Diego that are very very fast.

What wheels were the fastest riders riding?

It appears to be a strong demand for fast wheels in California.

The EX30 is going to sell well this coming season.

It looks like Begode knows its market somewhat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

What wheels were the fastest riders riding?

It appears to be a strong demand for fast wheels in California.

The EX30 is going to sell well this coming season.

It looks like Begode knows its market somewhat.

In one particular ride there was a commander pro, three master pros, and a master.  I was bringing up the rear.  Begode wheels are very popular in this group - ex30 in particular. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

In one particular ride there was a commander pro, three master pros, and a master.  I was bringing up the rear.  Begode wheels are very popular in this group - ex30 in particular. 

all 134v performance wheels. Figures. I'm having the same problem in my local grouprides. Unfortunately writes off the sherman-s for me, so I am getting the EX30. Everyone here rides fast 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Jonno Purcell takes a look at the pros and cons of tyres on the ‘S’ (thanks for the great vid Johnno!):

I've just ridden 308km's in the past three days and I can honestly say that I didn't think I was going to like the Sherman S this much. I'm fully acclimated to the wheel now and because it's so stable at speed I'm finding myself going speeds I've never intended to on an EUC.

I've had the Michelin Pilot Street 2 installed on the wheel when it was brand new out of the box so I have some thoughts about John's video. I agree with him 100% on all the points he made about the Michelin. It's simply an excellent tire and I'm glad I didn't spend any of my time on the Kenda knobby. I know the knobby has it's fans and for mixed terrain/heavy off road uses it's the perfect all around tire. For a city cruiser like me the Michelin fit the bill and surprised me as I didn't think it was going to be that much better than the Pilot Street 1 on my V11.

Overall, no regrets whatsoever on the Sherman S or the Michelin tire. If you ride mostly street with some light off road/gravel trails mixed in, I HIGHLY recommend the going with the Michelin tire.

I'm just going to add a photo because everyone likes pictures20230306_142609.thumb.jpg.c31e9123f4c92c7c9d7d3ecf890f9d98.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3