Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

27 PSI is safe if you not jump on curbs or do crazy stuff. Not go under 24 PSi snakebites can be easy make  under 24 PSI.

I ran 26 PSI for a bit, worked fine. Now I've got it at 32 PSI, no issues with wobbles but it is definitely possible that I could have wobbles if I had less experience. When I first got my V12HT it was more prone to wobbles because of the 16" wheel, but after 500 km of riding there are no wobbles, I'm sure the change over those kms was with me, rather than with the wheel. I think that there are small and subtle corrections and adjustments that I do without really noticing them, that I didn't do when I was new to riding. In my first couple of hundred kms of riding I had an issue with speed wobbles, but in the last 2,000 kms of riding I haven't had any real issue with them.

I don't think that the Sherman S is as prone to wobbles as the RS or V12HT, but experience of the rider still makes a difference. If you are new to riding and learning on the Sherman S then I'd suggest 25 - 28 PSI to start with and don't hit curbs (you can still drop off curbs though).

• Like 2

Has anyone else experienced the seemingly very brittle plastic covers over the top of the suspension?  Mine appear to be crumbling. I’m not sure I’f it’s because of me tipping it over occasionally, or because the plastic is brittle. It’s an entirely different plastic from the kickstand and the trolley handle, which seems actually pretty durable, though bendy. 

15 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Big range indeed, i just managed to get a 100km ride with 38% battery left riding mostly between 40-45km/h. I love this wheel and it's so far it has been everything I wanted it to be.

20230306_145734.thumb.jpg.47eef4526a1249d2860e379b8cefe530.jpg

Damn it man, my willpower is only so strong! 😩

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Big range indeed, i just managed to get a 100km ride with 38% battery left riding mostly between 40-45km/h. I love this wheel and it's so far it has been everything I wanted it to be.

20230306_145734.thumb.jpg.47eef4526a1249d2860e379b8cefe530.jpg

Where did you get the headlight cover from ? it looks good and probably cuts down glare for people in front.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

i just managed to get a 100km ride

One hundred kilometers ride, that is quite a long ride. Did you ride into Coquitlam, or Richmond, Delta, or something like that.

Have ridden to Squamish by electric wheel? That should be a blast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

One hundred kilometers ride, that is quite a long ride. Did you ride into Coquitlam, or Richmond, Delta, or something like that.

Have ridden to Squamish by electric wheel? That should be a blast.

I rode from North Van, I took Lions Gate and rode around Stanley Park then out to UBC. Then from UBC to East Van and I finished up back in North Van. It was 4.5 hours in total, I'm pretty tired but it was great. I have no doubt I can ride from North Van all the way down to Steveston in Richmond and back on a single charge.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Adel said:

Where did you get the headlight cover from ? it looks good and probably cuts down glare for people in front.

Yeah I like the cover and it makes the Sherman look angrier. It gives the headlight a cutoff so you can adjust it to not blind people/traffic. I bought it from Hulaj Market. 

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/298-lamp-cover-bad-eyes-for-veteran-sherman-s.html

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

I should also add that my riding weight is 200lbs+ and it was 10C out today and I still got that kind of range. The most I was ever able to squeeze out of the V11 at my weight was 71.5km's in the summer time (25C)

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul D said:

Has anyone else experienced the seemingly very brittle plastic covers over the top of the suspension?  Mine appear to be crumbling. I’m not sure I’f it’s because of me tipping it over occasionally, or because the plastic is brittle. It’s an entirely different plastic from the kickstand and the trolley handle, which seems actually pretty durable, though bendy. 

You don't have the side pads? I bought the upgraded seat with side pads and they arrived before my wheel, so I've had them on since my first ride. The Grizzla pads also stick out far enough that they are going to hit the ground before any part of the wheel does. I can't see my plastic covers over the top of the suspension taking any hits.

What is batch 3 different to batch 2 ?

Only posibility 66 Lbs suspension  what changed in batch 3?

Is there hope to veterean make sherman S 120+ Volts in next batches?

im sorry for this type of question but im back on forum after 4 months and i miss many information. 

10 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I rode from North Van, I took Lions Gate and rode around Stanley Park then out to UBC. Then from UBC to East Van and I finished up back in North Van. It was 4.5 hours in total, I'm pretty tired but it was great. I have no doubt I can ride from North Van all the way down to Steveston in Richmond and back on a single charge.

4.5 hrs on a 100 lbs wheel is a good workout, especially for riders who are used to smaller wheels. 

For myself, after riding just 30 km's on my Adam's, I found that I had somewhat of a workout. My body is still adapting to the weight and gyro effects.

Did you find that you are enjoying more on these long cruises on the bigger and heavier wheel?

I am liking my Abrams more and more as I figure out how to ride it better. It requires different techniques for some things. But once discovered, it feels nice.

I feel much more comfortable on main roads in traffic on the Abrams. I appreciate the feel of the weight and heft. It gives you almost the confident feeling of a small displacement motorcycle. 

And I find myself exceeding 50 km/h without knowing it. Braking is fantastic, very reassuring. Just lean back and sit, and dig your heels into the pedals. And course there is also the front bar if need be.

One challenge that I am still working on is free mounting on a very steep hill. The wheel would go backwards by itself. I have to hold on to the front bar with my hand. The problem is that I can't get the wheel to accelerate enough to get to the speed I need for balancing, using just the pedals. I am already pressing the front end of the pedals with my toes as is.

I am still on stock pads. I am thinking of directly leaning into the pads to accelerate in the future and see.

I guess no more range anxiety for you. Being able to go to Steveston for fish and chips would be nice.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Is there hope to veterean make sherman S 120+ Volts in next batches?

There is really no need. The 100v system sips the battery and gets great torque and speed. Duf talks about it in his latest video

. It really is a fantastic combination, and I'm glad Leaperkim didn't follow the other manufacturers trying to sell the highest voltage and instead a great wheel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Did you find that you are enjoying more on these long cruises on the bigger and heavier wheel?

I guess no more range anxiety for you. Being able to go to Steveston for fish and chips would be nice.

I enjoy long cruises in general and it's great on a bigger, heavier wheel. I didn't realize that I had to adjust my technique so much compared to my V11. Given the different weight and distribution I  found that I can't take fast, sweeping corners with the same technique as I did on the V11, I really have to lean my body differently now to take corners fast. I'll get used to it but it does also make me appreciate how nimble feeling the V11 is in that respect.

Aren't you located in Richmond? Maybe we should go for a ride down the West Dyke Trail sometime!

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I've come to the conclusion that even with the upgraded Leaperkim seat, I find the seat to be way too low for my liking. I'll have to explore what other seat options are out there such as the Sur-Ron seat or maybe a cut up yoga block or something.

I’m 6’4” and I’m in the same boat.  I still have to learn riding seated as well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul D said:

I’m 6’4” and I’m in the same boat.  I still have to learn riding seated as well. 

Riding seated is great for long rides or just to add another fun dimension to the wheel. I can do it with its current seat but I don't have as much control as I would like at that height. My V11 with seat is perfect on the other hand. Maybe I'll use that as my seated riding wheel 😅.

It sucks because the SS is too small for my liking. I go on long rides and ride seated a lot, so it's just too small for my liking.

On the other hand the V13 is almost exactly what I'm looking for, but it doesn't have the superior fork style suspension which I really want.

I wonder who will be the first to make a 22"+ wheel with fork suspension. I have a feeling it won't be InMotion. They seem to really value slim wheels, and their upcoming 16" supposedly uses linkage. Hopefully LeaperKim announces a suspension Abrams or 22" version of the SS.

Until we get a 22"+ wheel with fork suspension I'm keeping my Abrams.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Im 6ft tall and the sherman S seated riding is amazing, it just takes getting used to as with everything else about the wheel. To me its supposed to be small and compact, thats the point. But thats just me.

I'm about the same height and I will probably have a go at learning to ride seated soon. Still, I wouldn't mind some sort of taller seat option so that I don't have to sit so low - surely it couldn't be all that hard to do?

It looks like Clark Pads came out with a seat and seat extension that can be purchased independently of their bumper system. It honestly doesn't look very nice in the pictures but if it works then I really can't complain.

https://clarkpads.com/collections/sherman-s-system/products/sherman-s-seat

https://clarkpads.com/collections/sherman-s-system/products/sherman-s-seat-extension

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Im 6ft tall and the sherman S seated riding is amazing, it just takes getting used to as with everything else about the wheel. To me its supposed to be small and compact, thats the point. But thats just me.

It's a really good wheel for it's size, but I like big wheels.

My next wheel will definitely have suspension. If I had to choose between the SS and V13, I'd reluctantly have to choose the V13. I just didn't want to spend that much on a wheel with subpar suspension. Maybe if it was significantly cheaper.

I'm hoping either LeaperKim or Inmotion release a large wheel with fork suspension within the next year or so. I don't mind paying a premium price for that.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

It's a really good wheel for it's size, but I like big wheels.

My next wheel will definitely have suspension. If I had to choose between the SS and V13, I'd reluctantly have to choose the V13. I just didn't want to spend that much on a wheel with subpar suspension. Maybe if it was significantly cheaper.

I'm hoping either LeaperKim or Inmotion release a large wheel with fork suspension within the next year or so. I don't mind paying a premium price for that.

I get that for sure. I feel the same way, if the v13 had better suspension (not the same v11 design), I'd totally have gone with the v13 despite the smaller battery. However to be fair the Sherman S is a really nice package that feels amazing to ride. I think the answer is owning multiple wheels 😂

• Like 2