Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

32 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

Seems the high speed mode was already installed on March batch. 

Yes, my batch 2 had it already installed as I haven't updated or checked the firmware of my wheel yet.

• Like 2

Mine due, probably, next week. Just got to decide either to keep or sell my V11. Only done 500km ride time total (V11 was my 1st wheel) so still improving and getting more comfortable on it so tempting to continue on the V11 until I get more skilled before riding the Sherman - like that’s gonna happen!
Have got both the E-Rides and Nylonove pedals in prep for delivery. Looking at both I think, without actually putting them on the wheel, the E-Rides feel more substantial and look better. Undecided about the large red S on the Nylonove although it will match my Grizzla Flow colour scheme

• Like 3

Just curious what tyre pressure is everyone running?

I'm coming from a Bedgode MSP ht with stock CST tyre. Which I ran about 40psi to avoid risk damaging the rim.

I've heard people running 30 - 33psi on the Sherman S knobby. The manual recommends 2.5 - 3.0 bar, which is more than 30psi.

I have been running my Sherman S at 40PSI like my old MSP and was expecting the Sherman Kobby to be a lot more unstable, but to my surprise It feels better than the CST tyre.

9 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

My sherman S reset itself again today. 

Which firmware version? I still haven't updated my batch 1 wheel and haven't had any problems, just wondering if it would be risky to update firmware if there might be some bug in the newer version.

2 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Which firmware version? I still haven't updated my batch 1 wheel and haven't had any problems, just wondering if it would be risky to update firmware if there might be some bug in the newer version.

Its whatever the latest one is as of today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

My sherman S reset itself again today. Took it out of the car, turned it on, no beep. Look at the screen and its NO CON again, reboot and its reset to factory. This some bullshit.

How many miles/kms did you have when it first reset?

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted easily. 

2 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Thought the tyre on the S said 33psi as max on the sidewall

Will try drop the PSI on my next ride to 33psi and see how different the ride is.

I currently ride the V11 at 25psi but that’s only because the advice when you first learn, only been riding for less than 4 months, was lower the pressure a bit to make it easier as you’re not going to be doing crazy jumps and risk the rim. 
When the Sherman S arrives I’ll start at the same psi and work from there. Stairs are out for me at the moment 😳

1 hour ago, Stevebee said:

I currently ride the V11 at 25psi

Do note that different tires require different pressures. 25psi is rather low for the soft V11 stock tire, while it’s ok for the ShermS stock motorcycle tire for a medium weight rider.

the advice when you first learn, only been riding for less than 4 months, was lower the pressure a bit to make it easier

You haven’t been “first learning” for the past 3.5 months anymore though... It is just to make you stay on the wheel, and I wouldn’t think that to be a problem anymore.

When the Sherman S arrives I’ll start at the same psi and work from there.

I would suggest upping the pressure on the V11 stock tire first to 30psi, and once you get the hang of it, to 33psi. One reason also being that the stock ShermS tire behavior would be lesser of a shock. Another being that the V11 at 25psi doesn’t behave like it’s supposed to, and may be even a hindrance to your further learning.

Np problem starting at 25-28psi on the ShermS though.

20 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I would suggest upping the pressure on the V11 stock tire first to 30psi, and once you get the hang of it, to 33psi. One reason also being that the stock ShermS tire behavior would be lesser of a shock. Another being that the V11 at 25psi doesn’t behave like it’s supposed to, and may be even a hindrance to your further learning

Thanks, will do

7 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Thought the tyre on the S said 33psi as max on the sidewall

Based on the user manual I have mine set at 35psi and it's been great. I find that on a soft tire with such a large contact patch, having lower pressure just makes the wheel feel like it's moving through sludge. 

Edited by MrMonoWheel
  • Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 5:55 AM, Paul A said:

On 2/19/2023 at 5:23 AM, mrelwood said:

It doesn’t look to be anywhere near 45 degrees to me. You can see the slope of the grass section a few seconds earlier, and it looks like a really shallow one. Also the wheel tilt against that slope is rather shallow. I could be wrong though.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:13 PM, Crab said:

I agree also, something else going on…

E4A18DCE-1555-4271-ADBA-83BA53948B1B.png

Here is the video where they say it was due to angle. 6.58 marker forward. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:11 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

My sherman S reset itself again today. Took it out of the car, turned it on, no beep. Look at the screen and its NO CON again, reboot and its reset to factory. This some bullshit.

I have over 1000 km on my SS and this NO CON error has happened to me three times. Twice it managed to reset to default settings, the last time it didn't. Although I've noticed that it happens whenever I don't press the power button properly (sometimes I barely touch it because my gloves get in the way). I've been pushing the switch all the way in for a while now, and so far I haven't experienced another episode of the NO CON problem. We'll see if this solves the problem.

BTW

There was some stiction on my SS suspension, but it dissipated after a few hundred kilometers.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 3:02 PM, mrelwood said:

I would suggest upping the pressure on the V11 stock tire first to 30psi, and once you get the hang of it, to 33psi. One reason also being that the stock ShermS tire behavior would be lesser of a shock. Another being that the V11 at 25psi doesn’t behave like it’s supposed to, and may be even a hindrance to your further learning

Tried 33psi today. Rolled much better and the wheel felt more agile and nippier. No negatives at all. Was expecting the odd wobble and a bit squirmy but there was none of it. Wish I’d upped it earlier tbh

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1