Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

On 2/26/2023 at 6:20 AM, KiwiMark said:

With over 800km experience on the factory pedals (with not a single issue and my feet haven't slipped once) I'll have a good basis for comparison when I put the NyloNove pedals on, it will be interesting to find out how different they feel.

I don’t remember if you replaced the 8 Phillips screws on factory pedals by stainless Hex screws without button heads? Some of us replaced with M4x10mm, on my side I selected M4x8mm which are already higher than the rest.  

39711889-6C5E-4A6E-93E9-4ECAAD0AF68E.jpeg

53 minutes ago, rdouvi said:

I don’t remember if you replaced the 8 Phillips screws on factory pedals by stainless Hex screws without button heads? Some of us replaced with M4x10mm, on my side I selected M4x8mm which are already higher than the rest.  

No, I've been using the stock pedal exactly as they came on my wheel. I've only added Velcro, Grizzly Flow pads, better seat/side pads and added air to the tyre.

The Grizzla flow pads are great and very adjustable to get them how you like them. The better seat/side pads are a big improvement both for the bigger/thicker seat and for the comfort on the inside of your legs. It is always a good idea to check the tyre pressure when you get a wheel, mine was down much lower than it should be (under 20 psi).

One thing to realise is that it is summer here and I've been riding whenever the weather is fine. The stock pedals clearly should work better in these conditions than in worse conditions.

Edited by KiwiMark
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rdouvi said:

Here in France we says « ridicule does not kill ». I’m not an experienced rider (only V5S as precedent wheel) than I try to protect the Sherman-S for my acclimatation period and waiting true protection on the market. 

C3286418-670C-454A-8526-33D6ECAEB426.jpeg

98C6775A-AFC7-4DE8-AEF8-0E730CDA8586.jpeg

That's is a great idea. Definitely if your only used to riding smaller wheels or learning to ride for the first time.

I'm hoping to find something not so obvious.

Good luck with your new ride.

I'm just trying to learn how to ride seated for first time, practising on grass until I'm competent or get some decent protection. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I'm hoping that the weather is good tomorrow so I can go for a ride, the forecast is good so it should be.

I'll be looking forward to finding out how my new pedals feel.

SAjefFk.jpg

I quite like that I don't have the silly clicky pedal thing now. that always seemed like a gimmicky thing that really didn't serve any purpose. The NyloNove pedals can be adjusted to have enough friction to stay in place, but can be pushed up and down easily enough, this is all I really want from them.

P.S. - ignore the weird colour cast, this was a low light photo and the red on the pedals doesn't really look like dark pink.

I’ve got the identical colour combo for the Grizzla flow and Nylonove pedals - the only thing missing is the Sherman S - due in a week or so so interested how you get on.

• Like 1

Got the same nylonove pedals in and pick up the ss today after work. No riding right away tho, so much snow and ice, and out of country on vacation all next week. Hopefully, riding weather when I get back. It's all I'll be thinking about for the next 2 weeks 😌

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

I think I missed the first batch of Nylonove pedals. I signed up for that email alert but I never got the email and now they are out of stock.

Both sets went out of stock by the time i finish checking out my purchase. Was surprised how beefy they are. Also used to my toes hanging off 2 inches off the fronts of stock og sherm pedals. These ones are a few inches longer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreygun said:

Both sets went out of stock by the time i finish checking out my purchase. Was surprised how beefy they are. Also used to my toes hanging off 2 inches off the fronts of stock og sherm pedals. These ones are a few inches longer

I'll have to get in on the second batch but I wonder how long those will take since the first batch took what seems like forever to release. The price on them isn't bad TBH and they are cheaper than the Aliexpress pedals I bought.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Is there an option to get the "S" on the pedal in a different colour than red? @KiwiMark @Dreygun

Not that I know of. Bear in mind that these are made quite differently from something like Grizzla pads. The Grizzla pads are 3D printed and are made to order, this lets you choose any colour combination that you like. The NyloNove pedals are milled from a large slab of POLIAMID 6 and are made in batches of at least the number of pedals that can be made from a slab of POLIAMID 6. I would assume that they could make the 'S' in other colours, but since they don't custom make each pair of pedals to order, they aren't offering any colour options.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

Not that I know of. Bear in mind that these are made quite differently from something like Grizzla pads. The Grizzla pads are 3D printed and are made to order, this lets you choose any colour combination that you like. The NyloNove pedals are milled from a large slab of POLIAMID 6 and are made in batches of at least the number of pedals that can be made from a slab of POLIAMID 6. I would assume that they could make the 'S' in other colours, but since they don't custom make each pair of pedals to order, they aren't offering any colour options.

Order your Grizzlas in a colour that matches the Nylonoves then ….simples

Just got back from a decent ride, fabulous weather today!

6DxpGA8.jpg

Only 1 reasonable ride away from putting 1,000km on the wheel:

i31D2pf.jpg

The NyloNove pedals are good, set them up with less angle than the factory pedals, but I kinda like the angle so I might just increase it a bit. The instructions say that the pedals are adjustable from 4 degrees to 20 degrees.

• Like 3

Hello guys,

Do any of you know how that "high speed mod" works ? It sems to magically increase top speed with no battery or motor mods, while we know that the max speed of an electric motor is a constant Kv, fixed by the motors construction, times V the voltage it can access. How can they magically increase speed by 15 or 20 km/h like that ? That doesn't sound like something that could be modded by software...

Thanks guys :)

Tim

19 hours ago, Paul D said:

I can hardly wait for riding weather. I’ll be shoveling my driveway at 6:45 am again. This winter has been great for the skiers. 

Best get used to it - forget the ideology of global warming, check out the hard data of global cooling:

https://youtu.be/LYOMKLDbeYE

3 hours ago, Timwheel said:

Do any of you know how that "high speed mod" works ? It sems to magically increase top speed with no battery or motor mods, while we know that the max speed of an electric motor is a constant Kv, fixed by the motors construction, times V the voltage it can access. How can they magically increase speed by 15 or 20 km/h like that ? That doesn't sound like something that could be modded by software...

I'll verify that with more data, which should be possible since the Sherman S includes PWM % over Bluetooth data but from what I gathered so far:

• The Sherman S motor is just a very high speed one, even higher Kv than V13
  • On the original firmware, LeaperKim capped the maximum PWM below the maximum hardware capabilities
  • HS mode raises the max PWM to the maximum the hardware is capable of (presumably)
  • HS mode raises the alarm PWM as well

My pet theory is that LeaperKim baited Begode to release an old school 100.8V Commander Pro by releasing a Sherman S with seemingly standard 100.8V characteristics as a ruse only to unlock it later, and it almost worked.
If it was purely for riding safety reasons, the maximum PWM would be the hardware maximum with beeps as low as the standard speed mode.

Hard to tell for sure.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, supercurio said:

I'll verify that with more data, which should be possible since the Sherman S includes PWM % over Bluetooth data but from what I gathered so far:

• On the original firmware, LeaperKim capped the maximum PWM below the maximum hardware capabilities
  • HS mode raises the max PWM to the maximum the hardware is capable of (presumably)

My pet theory is that LeaperKim baited Begode to release an old school 100.8V Commander Pro by releasing a Sherman S with seemingly standard 100.8V characteristics as a ruse only to unlock it later, and it almost worked.
If it was purely for riding safety reasons, the maximum PWM would be the hardware maximum with beeps as low as the standard speed mode.

Hard to tell for sure.

It does sound reasonnable... But the  fact that it is a very high speed motor worries me a bit, as I can overtorque the master under braking.. Maybe the max current on the sherman S is high enough to provide very high torque even with a high speed motor ? i know you are knowledgeable on the matter, do you think that the sherman S could be dangerous for someone that routinely overtorques a master ?

18 hours ago, Timwheel said:

Hello guys,

Do any of you know how that "high speed mod" works ? It sems to magically increase top speed with no battery or motor mods, while we know that the max speed of an electric motor is a constant Kv, fixed by the motors construction, times V the voltage it can access

15 hours ago, supercurio said:

Just my 2 cent - a pwm duty cycle cap limits only the maximum possible motor current ~ torque.

Beside voltage the speed of a bldc motor can be easily limited by the commutation sequence in firmware to just not let the motor rotate faster than some threshold.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

From what I understand, HS mode uses field weakening to get higher motor speeds than normally possible at any given voltage, but the available torque sharply drops off the higher you go.