Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

8 hours ago, wheelyboy said:

I also ordered my Sherman S from GTKing.. probably even the same batch as you. Should I ask for a new motor? Did they require you to send proof of rust inside the motor or video showing the bearings issue? I have clocked about 400 miles on my SS so far, with plenty of riding through dirt and puddles but I haven't noticed anything. Probably time to open up the motor and check just want to make sure I'm looking for the right things.

They asked me for video of the bearing noise and photos of the corrosion, but if your wheel is fine id probably leave it be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

They asked me for video of the bearing noise and photos of the corrosion, but if your wheel is fine id probably leave it be.

+1.

If the bearings are not making noises, I doubt water got into the motor.

The motor side covers are sealed.

The two other possible paths of water ingress are:

(1) the bearings seals,

(2) the motor wire routing channel in the axle. 

But if water got through, most likely the bearings will be making noise too.

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1

Has Leaper Kim got it right again?

Although, it is still early yet, Bradley at EEVEES has posted that currently, their best selling wheel is the Sherman-S. 

It's a hundred pound wheel, and only 100V. But ararguably, it has the best suspension, good build quality, and 3600Wh battery capacity. Somehow, it may be hitting the sweet spot again. 

Bradley Michael Spence

Top contributor
T8cd_N1dAsv.png
We got a little lucky by being the very first Sherman-S review on YouTube but the Sherman-S is our best seller currently. Our V13 review is actually performing better than any other video in terms of watch time and keeping the audience engaged but that’s only because the production quality is that much better

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

It's a hundred pound wheel, and only 100V. But ararguably, it has the best suspension, good build quality, and 3600Wh battery capacity. Somehow, it may be hitting the sweet spot again. 

100V is more than enough to ride at good speeds for ~140km on a charge. I know that some people want to know if there will be a firmware update available to allow the V13 to go faster than 90kph, but my thought is "you really want to go faster than 90kph while balanced on one wheel?". I think the Sherman S goes more than fast enough for a person riding an EUC and that the 100V battery gives more than enough power - I just don't need more performance than what this wheel offers. I understand a desire for a smaller/lighter wheel, but I don't really get why anyone needs faster in this sort of device. I also wonder in how many places is something more powerful and faster than the Sherman S legal to ride?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But if you are handy, it doesn't hurt to recheck the tightening torque of the bolts of the battery packs. 

Absolutely 100% agree, I will be checking the bolts every few rides or so just to make sure they are all tight. Might not be necessary but it definitely couldn't hurt.

@KiwiMark I agree with your sentiments, I'm not a speed demon by any means and I'll be riding the SS roughly the same speeds as I do on the V11 which for me should mean big range. I just like cruising TBH and the SS has more speed than I'm ever likely to use, the real value for me here is the battery capacity and suspension.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

Just now, Clem604 said:

@KiwiMark I agree with your sentiments, I'm not a speed demon by any means and I'll be riding the SS roughly the same speeds as I do on the V11 which for me should mean big range. I just like cruising TBH and the SS has more speed than I'm ever likely to use, the real value for me here is the battery capacity and suspension.

I love the suspension. The range is fantastic, at least a couple of my rides on the Sherman S weren't possible on my RS or V12HT. The fastest I've been so far on the Sherman S is less than the maximum possible speed on the RS, so I could ride just as fast without having bought the Sherman S. I'd rate the speed as "enough" and that's all I need/want. Riding however I feel like can get me ~140km range, if I rode at a pace designed to get more range I'm sure I could get over 160km (over 100 miles) while still traveling faster than the typical speed of a bicycle. I'm not even sure I want more range than that because that would be a lot of hours of riding. If I rode at 25kph average for 160+ km then that is more than 6 hours of riding, I don't think I'll ever want more than that.

In summary: Suspension - fantastic, speed - enough, range - enough, power - enough, weight - heavy, but not too much. IMO it deserves to be a best seller and for me at least it really does hit the sweet spot in so many ways!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

’m going to have to test ride one now. 💸💸 🤣

Don't do it! Don't do it!

If you do, planned on Kraft Dinners and Instant Noodles diet for a long time. 🙂

That sucker ain't cheap in Canada. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

🤫 Shhhhhh! I’m trying to justify it to myself! 

I am sorry. You need help. Is there a Electric Wheel Anonymous around you?

No matter, I am going to use reverse psychology to slow you down.

In about 3 weeks time, there may be a Sherman-S 16" model ready for demoing on our shores.

It has 126V, 2220Wh, 80+ km/h top speed. 

That means it was designed for the higher top speed from the get-go with 126V, yet you get more perceived torque and manuevability from the 16", and lower price and weight because there is less battery. And if by chance the stars are all aligned, the fork tube may get a top cross-brace to improve structural rigidity. 

There you go. No need to press the "buy now" button for now. 🙂

• Haha 1

I installed the headlamp cover from Hulaj Market and I like it. It gives the headlight beam a cutoff which I think is well worth it for the price ($3.35CAN).

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/298-lamp-cover-bad-eyes-for-veteran-sherman-s.html

20230225_112746.thumb.jpg.94ddcc6f13cee2026f10a4af2ef2697c.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

Hey Guys

I got my wheel 2 days ago.

Anyone used rubber strips or something on the front and back side edges? To protect the case from scratching up with a fall or tip over.

Just trying to get ideas.

I have 3d printed some bumpers for the top front and back corners.

Cheers

• Like 2

Popped out to the supermarket to pick up a couple of things:

NnJeozG.jpg

I trolleyed the Sherman S through the supermarket, no one seemed to care.

Then I went for a nice ride:

JSUD7KP.jpg

The weather was nice and the ride was enjoyable. On my goal of hitting 1,000km, I'm getting there:

Sh1nAvj.jpg

Just 2 or 3 more days out on the wheel and I'll easily pass 1,000km.

• Like 3

Just now, Hellkitten said:

@KiwiMark it’s hard to imagine you hitting almost 70 with bags of groceries under your arms. I’ll assume you popped home first! 🤣😂

Everything still good on the wheel at this point? 

No issues with the wheel after over 800km.

I didn't carry the groceries under my arms, I stuffed a packable pack in my pocket and rode to the supermarket, for the ride home I pulled out my packable pack, put the groceries in it and put it on my back, then rode home and dropped off the groceries. Still plenty of battery remained and I was already wearing my safety gear - so off for a ride.

• Like 2

While riding I was thinking (as I often do). Back when I got the RS and learned to ride I got plenty of speed and then got thrown off by severe speed wobbles. Ever since then I've thought about how great it would be to have a 22" wheel with fantastic stability at any speed. I eyed up the Abrams, but then it was having issues. The Master Pro and the V13 are both very very heavy. But still, it'd be cool to own a V13 for some nice faster rides with great stability.

But as I'm riding I'm thinking that the Sherman S actually goes fast enough for my needs/wants and it has been stable at any speed I've ridden it at. So the more I think about it the more I think that I really would not gain much at all from having a 22" wheel in my stable. I like a bit of redundancy, so having a 16" wheel to compliment the Sherman S is not a bad thing and sometimes a smaller lighter wheel is an advantage. But really that is about the extent of it, two wheels (one being the Sherman S, the other being smaller and lighter) and I'm pretty much set and happy. I think I can stop lusting after 22" wheels and faster wheels and more powerful wheels, what I have works great for me and I really am very content with my current PEVs.

Maybe I'll sell the V12HT and buy a 16" suspension wheel at some point, but for now I'll just wait and see what comes out in 16" suspension wheels and how good they are and how heavy they are. I don't think there is any hurry to change my smaller wheel, so I'll not be buying batch 1 of anything. I will have to get around to selling the RS though, that and the Mantis Pro - I don't really have any use case for either that isn't well covered by my Sherman S, V12HT and e-MTB. I probably won't get a great price on the 2 PEVs I'll be selling, but some money is more useful than PEVs that sit around not being used.

Edited by KiwiMark
  • Like 3