Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

1 minute ago, Paul D said:

I’m at 550 miles on my SS.  So far so good. Ive been riding some chundery loose rocky and dippy dessert roads in south Utah. It gave the opportunity to mess around with the suspension settings, so I’m figuring out what I like under various conditions. 

It’s pretty dust covered now with that fine red powder that’s abundant here in Saint George. I’ve gone back and forth between the V11 and SS. V11 feels like a toy now and it’s suspension isn’t comparable. It’s still great fun though. So maneuverable. I prefer the SS. 

v11 is not a tough suspension to beat. Most suspension wheels that I have hopped on felt better immediately. You're also jumping from 84v to 100v and a 3600wh beast of a cruiser. SS is a great upgrade coming from v11. What weight shock did you get?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

My Grizzla Flow (Large) pads stick up a bit higher than the side pads, but I just let them overlap the side pads and it doesn't seem to cause any problem. So I put the side pads on first, then the Grizzlas so that the tops of the Grizzlas go over the side pads - most of the Grizzlas are held by Velcro and they don't move or come off.

My Kinetic xl sidepads are quite large but they still fit under those suspension cover pads.  I think the Grizzla Flows will be fine. 

20230212_162326.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul D said:

It was intermittent.

Spoiler

Ok.

Personal locator beacons are cheap, compact, 5-10 years battery life.

Solo riding, lost, injured, crash, broken leg, mobile phone damaged, flat battery, EUC runs out of power/breaks down, snake bite..........whatever........no mobile coverage.

British actor Julian Sands, experienced hiker, missing in Californian mountains, since January 13. 2023.

Marty and a riding partner, separated, ran out of EUC power descending from Mt Baldy.  Ran out of water, nearly died from heatstroke.

Emergency services at one stage were contemplating a helicopter extraction.

Edited by Paul A

7 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Ok.

Personal locator beacons are cheap, compact, 5-10 years battery life.

Solo riding, lost, injured, crash, broken leg, mobile phone damaged, flat battery, EUC runs out of power/breaks down, snake bite..........whatever........no mobile coverage.

British actor Julian Sands, experienced hiker, missing in Californian mountains, since January 13. 2023.

Marty and a riding partner, separated, ran out of EUC power descending from Mt Baldy.  Ran out of water, nearly died from heatstroke.

Emergency services at one stage were contemplating a helicopter extraction.

Sometimes taking risks is what makes it fun. 

Got in another ride today:

2BODCeo.jpg

Now up to 742km on the wheel. I'm finding no problem with the knobbly tyre, so I'll probably stick with the original tyre, at least until it gets worn out and needs replacing. When I have to replace the tyre, I'll consider if I want to go to a street tyre instead.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2023 at 12:25 AM, KiwiMark said:

Got in another ride today:

2BODCeo.jpg

Now up to 742km on the wheel. I'm finding no problem with the knobbly tyre, so I'll probably stick with the original tyre, at least until it gets worn out and needs replacing. When I have to replace the tyre, I'll consider if I want to go to a street tyre instead.

I'm at 450 miles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clem604 said:

A 66lb version for the heavier riders, nice!

Also for off road and jumpers.

image.png.a779da82037d4a8205a204805e4d2a97.png

• Like 1

Just now, Paradox said:

Also for off road and jumpers.

Yeah that's a good point! I'm not an off-roader or jumper and I weight 195lbs so the 62lb spring still suits me. It's great that they are bringing out more options though.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 3:42 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

Update: GTKing is sending me a brand new motor from the "latest batch". I'm glad they pulled through.

Edit: One thing I gotta say about their customer service is that they don't really communicate as far as what they are doing on their end or if there are any updates. If I hadn't asked for an update they would have just sent the motor and never said a word till it arrived on my doorstep. If they can pull through with this I have confidence they will help with anything, it's just the communication isn't ideal. If anyone orders from them and needs after-purchase help just ping them every 3-5 days asking for updates.

I also ordered my Sherman S from GTKing.. probably even the same batch as you. Should I ask for a new motor? Did they require you to send proof of rust inside the motor or video showing the bearings issue? I have clocked about 400 miles on my SS so far, with plenty of riding through dirt and puddles but I haven't noticed anything. Probably time to open up the motor and check just want to make sure I'm looking for the right things.

26 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

The Sherman suspension and the Michelin Pilot Street makes the wheel ride like an absolute dream, I couldn't be happier.

Congrats. It's a good looking wheel.

The roads are dry, and there's almost no ice. You can brave the -2C and dropping riding conditions right now. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, techyiam said:

Congrats. It's a good looking wheel.

The roads are dry, and there's almost no ice. You can brave the -2C and dropping riding conditions right now. 🙂

Thank you. I said I wouldn't ride it in salty conditions but when I brought it home an hour ago I just couldn't help myself. I slapped on the pads as quickly as I could then I was out the door. I went for a nice 25km ride just now. Any reservations I had about the SS are gone with the first ride, maybe until I have bearing/suspension/hall sensor failure 😂. Knock on wood

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Thank you. I said I wouldn't ride it in salty conditions but when I brought it home an hour ago I just couldn't help myself. I slapped on the pads as quick as I could then I was out the door. Went for a nice 25km ride just now. Any reservations I had about the SS are gone with the first ride, until I have a bearing/suspension/hall sensor failure 😂. Knock on wood

I’m over 600 miles. No issues yet. 
ETA- I did do some rough riding and some small jumping as well. I’m no shibby though. 

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

Any reservations I had about the SS are gone

That's great to hear.

said I wouldn't ride it in salty conditions but when I brought it home an hour ago I just couldn't help myself.

As long as the grains of salt are still undissolved, you are fine.

I noticed the bike paths and pedestrian walks are salted, but the side streets are usually not salted.

Went for a nice 25km ride just now.

That's a nice refreshing ride. I like taking my Abrams around Stanley Park's roadway when there isn't a soul there, especially the part after Prospect Point. Smooth sweepers with just a touch of sloping downgrade. And it's one way, with two empty lanes (at least when I ride). Very high fun to risk ratio. On a motorcycle, it's not that great, but on an electric wheel, it is about perfect.

until I have a bearing/suspension/hall sensor failure

I think one concern is that some riders may encounter degradation of chassis's structural rigidity over time. Since EEVEES has just changed your tire, you should be fine. But if you are handy, it doesn't hurt to recheck the tightening torque of the bolts of the battery packs. Don't touch the axle bolts though. The outer axle clamp half-shell appears to be somewhat fragile. I suspect it may be less of a problem if you don't do drops, jumps, curbs, or boinking.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2