Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

19 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Is there any reason in particular to go with nylonove over these? From what I can see these are cheaper, are made of aluminum, and look better (in my opinion). 

https://e-rides.com/product/veteran-sherman-s-e-rides-spike-pedals-erides-e-rides-pedals/

There are objective advantages to the NyloNove pedals, multiple WrongWay videos talk about this.  To me the NyloNove pedals look better, if you go with black aluminium pedels there will be silver showing where they get scraped, but NyloNove pedals are black all the way through.  Those silver pedals don't do it for me, I don't think they would suit the Sherman S, the black version doesn't look terrible - just not as good as NyloNove IMO.

But it is good to see more options available.  If everyone can find pedals & pads that they like and work well then that is a good thing!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Is there any reason in particular to go with nylonove over these? From what I can see these are cheaper, are made of aluminum, and look better (in my opinion). 

The only thing i could see being a problem is that it looks like there are no studs in the middle of the pedal and if you  have your feet forward which is mostly how i ride, you may find your heel slipping around. Just my observation, you may ride differently or have larger feet.

23 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The only thing i could see being a problem is that it looks like there are no studs in the middle of the pedal and if you  have your feet forward which is mostly how i ride, you may find your heel slipping around. Just my observation, you may ride differently or have larger feet.

None on the inside middle, but some on the outside (check other pictures to see the studs when they are screwed in).

• Like 1

Yeah I will be switching out the stock pedals as soon as I can get aftermarket ones. I've been fortunate enough to be able to ride the Sherman S for a short time and the pedals definitely were my least favourite thing about the wheel.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

interesting vid. it would seem the riders feet slipped on those shitty pedals under heavy braking (apparently his boots lacking tread was a contributing factor):

yeah, that's no good. definitely need to replace those pedals for something more grippy

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

It would be absurdly easy to add studs in the places that they are missing on the erides pedals. I'm most likely going to go this route, those things are sick.

If you really like the look of them and don't want the NyloNove pedals then I see no reason why you shouldn't order these ones right now.  I'm sure they are good quality and would make a very worthwhile upgrade from the stock pedals.  They cost a bit, but not really all that much in comparison to the cost of the wheel.  If cheaper pedals come out later they will most likely be cheaper for a reason - buy cheap, get cheap.  It's not necessarily a good idea to risk injury standing on cheaply made pedals, I'd say it is worth paying for good quality ones.  Order now and they might arrive by the time you get the wheel.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

It would be absurdly easy to add studs in the places that they are missing on the erides pedals. I'm most likely going to go this route, those things are sick.

I just messaged Hsiang and he will have the E-Rides Sherman S pedals incoming to his shop (The Mosfet) very soon I was told.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I just messaged Hsiang and he will have the E-Rides Sherman S pedals incoming to his shop (The Mosfet) very soon I was told.

What's the advantage of buying e-rides pedals from Hsiang versus from e-rides directly.

Nothing against Hsiang. 

Just curious about the  logic.

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

What's the advantage of buying e-rides pedals from Hsiang versus from e-rides directly.

Nothing against Hsiang. 

Just curious about the  logic.

For myself, if I'm spending money either way I would like to support one of my favourite EUC Youtuber's. For us in Canada, I'm hoping to be able to escape being charged duties/taxes by having the pedals come from NY instead of somewhere in the UK. I've had better results ordering from the US vs overseas when it comes to being charged duties/taxes.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I've had better outcomes ordering from the US vs overseas when it comes to being charged duties/taxes.

I wonder if it is different to how things are done here?  From the UK a seller can sell to me and not have to pay the UK VAT, but I have to pay the NZ GST, just the same as when I buy locally or from anywhere else.  There are so many things not stocked here because we are a small country, that's why I've bought things from Australia, USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, UK, Germany, Poland, Austria, Bulgaria and other countries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I wonder if it is different to how things are done here?  From the UK a seller can sell to me and not have to pay the UK VAT, but I have to pay the NZ GST, just the same as when I buy locally or from anywhere else.  There are so many things not stocked here because we are a small country, that's why I've bought things from Australia, USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, UK, Germany, Poland, Austria, Bulgaria and other countries.

It's a crapshoot to be honest. Canada Customs aren't very consistent when it comes to charging taxes on some things vs others in my experience. I've just had better outcomes ordering from the US usually so I try to do that when I can, if not I would still order from the UK and pay the tax. If I can potentially save some money and support Hsiang then that's a win-win in my book.

Edited by Clem604
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I'm spending money either way I would like to support one of my favourite EUC Youtuber's. For us in Canada, I'm hoping to be able to escape being charged duties/taxes by having the pedals come from NY instead of somewhere in the UK. I've had better results ordering from the US vs overseas when it comes to being charged duties/taxes.

I see. Thanks.

For me, I would support Afeez/Kevin, and Hsiang. However, since Hsiang is starting up, I would tip in his favor for now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

If you really like the look of them and don't want the NyloNove pedals then I see no reason why you shouldn't order these ones right now.  I'm sure they are good quality and would make a very worthwhile upgrade from the stock pedals.  They cost a bit, but not really all that much in comparison to the cost of the wheel.  If cheaper pedals come out later they will most likely be cheaper for a reason - buy cheap, get cheap.  It's not necessarily a good idea to risk injury standing on cheaply made pedals, I'd say it is worth paying for good quality ones.  Order now and they might arrive by the time you get the wheel.

Yep I think I am going to order them. For what I am getting I can stomach the $200, I'd much prefer these over the nylonove for $300. I actually expected the prices to be reverse. 

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Hsiang has started a shop called "The Mosfet"?

Wait....found Hsiang's website shop.

https://themosfet.com/

Oh hell yeah good for him. But for $270 plus tax im gonna have to go through e rides, its almost $100 cheaper.

• Like 1

I couldn't care any less how the pedals look. For me it's only about foot comfort. Less foot fatigue is what I'm after. The stiffer the pedals, the more foot fatigue, and less enjoyment. Foot fatigue is a big problem for me. I have several wheels to ride and my Sherman Max has the Nylonove pedals on it.  I have had the original pedals vary shortly.  The Clark pedals after.  The CNCed heavy boat anchor pedals too. No comparison. For my wimpy feet it's simple i can ride standing for a whole battery on the Nylonove pedals and can't on the others. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This product may be good for giving the headlight a cutoff and not blinding oncoming traffic/pedestrians. As a bonus it gives your Sherman S angry eyes 👀

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/298-lamp-cover-bad-eyes-for-veteran-sherman-s.html

Edited by Clem604

2 hours ago, Crab said:

Who has nylonove in stock in the states?

I got mine from Germany... nobody stocks them (that I'm aware of, and I looked and looked and looked) in North America. And "in stock" is rarely used in the same sentence as Nylonove. Or Hextech.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul A said:

How/why do Nylonove pedals prevent foot fatigue?

They might absorb the high frequency vibrations? It's subtle, and you should be able to get the same results from footwear, but I do think it's real. They just seem "nicer" to ride. It could be self fulfilling prophecy too, but I find them to be nicer than stock on both my 16X and S18 (I haven't tried any other hex pedals though, so I can can only speak a comparison to stock)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1