Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Damnit, I am going to cancel my Sherman S pre-order now.

Hey if people like buying subpar things, i won't deny them that pleasure.

I for sure would not buy any of these "new" wheels. Because they are simply "shit" in my eyes. Every single one of them are having problems. That are being fixed in ~3rd batch. But it doesn't fix the main problem - that wheel is still shit.

Like Sherman-S suspension not having "rigid" bridge/arch holding them together. (Over time the suspension will go out of sync..)  Pedals are simply shit. (Who ever taught that design is a dipshit and needs to be fired.) 100V are great - more range than 120+V.. (More V doesn't mean it's always better.)

"Beeper" that dies on itself each wet ride. I can add many more examples.. Here's another fun one - 4x screws going right into axle. Good luck fixing ruined screw threads.

It looks amazing. But overall isn't worth the money.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

let's go buy inmotion v13 with 4500 watt motor and 3000 wh battery range 50 KM ahahahaha

Now,Now...lol. There is no need for hyperbole. This is just a few peoples opinion. The Sherman line may still be the greatest unicycle line in the world. Adam may have gotten the one assembled on a Friday. We are also still waiting for the comprehensive review of the v13 which may turn out to be even a bigger lemon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MIght be better to wait for the early adopters to have had the wheel for six months, 10k km, or whatever.......to discover all the unknown faults that may eventuate over a longer period of time.

Hasn't history been consistent in showing that early batches of wheels will have major flaws that require fixing?

Guinea pigs do not even seem to receive a discounted price for their risk.

• Upvote 1

Well, these are good points about the integrity of the wheels. For me it'd be easier to discuss the value of the wheels if I compare it to other PEVs around the same value, so I'll do some comparisons. Would be interested in hearing thoughts of EUCs people think are worth the money and why

Edited by BKW
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Now,Now...lol. There is no need for hyperbole. This is just a few peoples opinion. The Sherman line may still be the greatest unicycle line in the world. Adam may have gotten the one assembled on a Friday. We are also still waiting for the comprehensive review of the v13 which may turn out to be even a bigger lemon.

Also, keep in mind it took veteran many version of the OG sherman to get where the Max is today, and even that wheel still has flaws (weak shell, weak trolley handle system, weird light plugins, buttons on top that allow water into the display board, no fender, missing axle grease(?) early on, etc). So... what else is new with these things? Even 4th iterations still have flaws. Just something to think about. Perhaps waiting for a 3rd+ batch is best option after all...

The price is mostly the battery, the motor, the shock system, and the controller... with the shock system seemingly the only thing that is of some concern...take away the shock system and you are looking almost at the Sherman Max which at 3800, so still expensive...

I guess my point is that these EUCs always have some weird issues with them. Is it really that much of a surprise?

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

I dont know what all the hubub is about. A year ago our minds would be blown by a wheel like this and we would have overlooked these little quibbles as the big picture is just too exciting. Now we are picking apart everything to the point that it ruins the fun. These new wheels are all exciting and they all have their quirks, its all part of the game for me!

• Like 2

People who like to "fix" wheels. Perfect product made just for you...

I for sure would want all issues fixed for those prices. (Sems i'm not very easy to amuse/please and my standards are higher than some..) Enjoy your first/second batch flops.

Big WoW suspension... :sleep1:I'm still waiting something actually good. Big motor/battery isn't something amazing. Any manufacturer can do that. How hard is to pin some wires around motor and add more cells. :sleep1: Yawn fest.

The problem is the build - itself. Shit quality and so on. Not a single wheel has had good quality.

Edited by Funky
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I dont know what all the hubub is about. A year ago our minds would be blown by a wheel like this and we would have overlooked these little quibbles as the big picture is just too exciting. Now we are picking apart everything to the point that it ruins the fun. These new wheels are all exciting and they all have their quirks, its all part of the game for me!

The past had wheels that came out with similar hiccups, but the main difference now is the price. I haven't even been riding for very long but from what I hear the OG sherman was in the 2K range. At least at that value the "hiccups" were a little more palatable. I think some people just have a harder time stomaching the increase in price for more hiccups.

However, overall, I kind of agree with you on this one. As I said previously, what else is new with these things? It's almost expected something is going to be crappy when they first come out, which is unfortunate but it's the EUC game right now. I'm all for criticism and people not buying the wheels because it'll only motivate the companies to make better overall products for cheaper anyway. I still see this wheel selling very well regardless of what some people say about the quality and price. Hell, people are still buying begode products that are real shit quality... once the price reaches a certain level then people will back off. I think we are seeing a ceiling to that price point with these new wheels coming out. For me personally, that ceiling is around 4200-4500. I would never go over that for a wheel; I don't care what new exciting factor it had to it.

Edited by BKW
  • Upvote 1

If anything this screams "Don't buy the first batch!" and wouldn't be surprised if V13 will be exactly the same thing because well this happen to every single wheel. Also I observe that a lot of people that own lighter 25-29kg wheels are eyeballing these 45-55kg behemoths, I think we will see a bunch of regrets in a few months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I live in southern California so snow and salt aren't a concern

Neither is rain!      STOP STEALING OUR WATER, BRO! :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

If anything this screams "Don't buy the first batch!" and wouldn't be surprised if V13 will be exactly the same thing because well this happen to every single wheel. Also I observe that a lot of people that own lighter 25-29kg wheels are eyeballing these 45-55kg behemoths, I think we will see a bunch of regrets in a few months.

Repairs? Mods? Probably. Regrets? Probably not.

Also, nobody mentioned that WW tests/rides wheels very, ummmm, abusively THOROUGHLY. Which makes sense. You want to beat the esss out of it if you are reviewing it, in order to see how much abuse it will take. Says something about durability, etc. But that also means it is possibly on the outer limit of use it is meant to withstand.

Unlike some who have opined in this thread, I'm not insisting this viewpoint is correct, only that it is possible. :D

24 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Never more true than for the mRNA shots, the price they will pay may ultimately be rather high indeed.

Question: With a friendly tone and all due respect: Why bring anitvax nonsense into an EUC forum? :confused1:

Spoiler

To state the numbingly obvious answer to the speaker's first question (I didn't watch the rest): Because some vaccines are more effective than others, because virus species aren't all the same. If he wasn't scientifically illiterate, he would know that.

I'm not interested in debating this, because this subject doesn't belong on this forum. But if someone doesn't have fundamental knowledge in a scientific discipline, he can't even be aware that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. And his opinions and questions are, literally, the result of ignorance. And that needs correcting. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mango said:

I'm quitting EUC entirely now.

I for sure will not buy "new" wheel, if they keep pushing bigger/heavier wheels. I will quit riding euc, if prices go over 2500$ for what speed/weight/range i need. (ks18xl ballpark.)

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Funky said:

I for sure will not buy "new" wheel, if they keep pushing bigger/heavier wheels. I will quit riding euc, if prices go over 2500$ for what speed/weight/range i need. (ks18xl ballpark.)

That wheel is like 1800 bucks I dont think you need to worry. For the speed/weight/range you seem to need I don't see why you would ever be paying more than what they already cost in that bracket. The big heavy expensive wheels are for those of us who want big heavy fast wheels. No one's forcing you to buy a Sherman S or any of the new wheels, so why complain?

• Like 3

On 12/22/2022 at 12:52 AM, alex5454 said:

let's go buy inmotion v13 with 4500 watt motor and 3000 wh battery range 50 KM ahahahaha.. sherman s has good battery like commander pro.

Right. The capacity difference between V13 and S is about 15%. So if you get 50km on the V13, you should get about 57.5km on the S. Is that really the difference between “good” and laughable?

On 12/22/2022 at 1:55 AM, BKW said:

Well, these are good points about the integrity of the wheels. For me it'd be easier to discuss the value of the wheels if I compare it to other PEVs around the same value, so I'll do some comparisons. Would be interested in hearing thoughts of EUCs people think are worth the money and why

It’s all about the perspective. A 4.5 k$ vehicle that can’t withstand rain, screws get loose etc isn’t a good deal on paper from any angle. No-one would tolerate that from a motorcycle. But the value of usage is a different game. If you are in love with EUC riding as much as most at this forum are, comparing EUCs to any other vehicle is pointless. The riding experience is simply worth so much.

But I don’t think anyone should buy a wheel by the usage value alone. The wheel needs to be compared to other wheels on the market, and one has to assess whether the unique features of the S are worth the price to them.

Personally, I still haven’t seen a wheel that would be worth more to me than my V11.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:44 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

I dont know what all the hubub is about. A year ago our minds would be blown by a wheel like this and we would have overlooked these little quibbles as the big picture is just too exciting.

But we’re not living in a year ago anymore. Each new wheel with new features or upgraded specs pushes the bar upwards. What was exciting a year ago isn’t as much so anymore. Same goes for most market sectors tbh.

4 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

No one's forcing you to buy a Sherman S or any of the new wheels, so why complain?

Because the lifestyle that he got into no longer seems to exist. No-one is offering new products to the markets. It’s not much different than all EUC manufacturers switching to make vacuum cleaners. I’m sure you wouldn’t be too excited about that either, even if you already had a wheel that fits your use case pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It’s all about the perspective. A 4.5 k$ vehicle that can’t withstand rain, screws get loose etc isn’t a good deal on paper from any angle. No-one would tolerate that from a motorcycle. But the value of usage is a different game. If you are in love with EUC riding as much as most at this forum are, comparing EUCs to any other vehicle is pointless. The riding experience is simply worth so much.

But I don’t think anyone should buy a wheel by the usage value alone. The wheel needs to be compared to other wheels on the market, and one has to assess whether the unique features of the S are worth the price to them.

Personally, I still haven’t seen a wheel that would be worth more to me than my V11.

You say it's pointless to compare the EUC to other vehicles around the same price, and I disagree. Yes, it's a different kind of machine compared to a moped, for instance, but price comparison is very important (we all do it whether you think it's important or not). Ride differences or not, price comparison is always important when you look at a scooter that gets less mileage and speed than a closely related EUC; or a onewheel with a higher asking price than a closely related EUC. However, I agree that the QUALITY, as least as far a the build goes, is worse than most other PEVs/vehicles on the market around the same price. I do agree that when the buyer thinks the asking price is not worth the EUC then obviously they will not buy it, which people have already made their statement about that.

Edited by BKW

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It’s not much different than all EUC manufacturers switching to make vacuum cleaners. I’m sure you wouldn’t be too excited about that either, even if you already had a wheel that fits your use case pretty well.

Well, at least for me, I see it as a night and day difference. (I am not heavy, nor am I big. So, one would assume that a big heavy wheel won't be a good fit for me.)

I simply cannot commute on a vacuum cleaner, at least not the models I have have seen. On the other hand, for those big heavy fast wheels, it is still a possibility. 

Curiousity got the better of me (more like addiction), I wanted to buy one to see whether it can work out for me. But if I buy now, it would have to be an early batch model, which I can't allow myself to do. So instead, I bought an Abrams to test the water at a discounted price, albeit a potential cutout wheel. I could have easily bought an S22, Hero, or even a Master.

And what do you know, I am finding out that I prefer this big heavy wheel over my V12. Who knew?

For some reasons, I prefer the taller height, front grab handle, and the solid build. The weight isn't a put off since I don't need to carry it. I find it enjoyable to ride so far, even if I ride below 50 km/h. 

• Upvote 1