Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

A few videos popped up today regarding the sherman s

Regarding the first video, the Sherman S really does seem like a perfect all around wheel with excellent suspension. It comes across as a wheel that just works and doesn't make life too difficult. He definitely seemed to like it.

The second video is interesting. It doesn't supply any useful data but the guy is hilarious. I cant tell if hes high or not:lol:

The stock seat looks a lot more comfortable than I had originally thought. I also just received the 17 dollar AliExpress seat in the mail and the foam is a lot denser than expected, meaning your ass doesn't just sink to the bottom of the seat. Pretty pleased.

Edited by MrMonoWheel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

If:

V11 weight is 27kg

V12 weight is 34kg

V12 is 30.5 kg to be exact.

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

It would be an increase in weight, and presumably less nimble.

The smaller tire diameter makes a bigger difference than 3 kgs.

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Replace the V11, with another V11?

Or replace the parts that are bad?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Heres a question for you guys. I currently have a V11 and am upgrading to the Sherman S. I would like to also have a lighter more compact wheel for school and other stuff, so should I keep the V11 for that or pick up a V12? Theres a good deal on one in my local group.

Doesn’t the RS now come with the grippier pedals? Plenty of zip, okay it’s a Begode, but it’s track record is literally streets, nay  blocks ahead of the class of ‘22 offerings? 

Edited by Freeforester

4 hours ago, Jon Wall said:

Screenshot_20221221_062537_Facebook.thumb.jpg.62b2aa69383b7eb86f27c245057eeb24.jpg

Video of the eRides pedals opening/closing:

https://www.facebook.com/100009642691709/videos/544257734021068/

Just finished the review and I'm very optimistic about the durability of the S, save for a few small things. It's pretty awesome that Adam was riding around on those days we had crazy amounts of rain and snow and it's encouraging that the wheel didn't have any major issues after that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Just finished the review and I'm very optimistic about the durability of the S, save for a few small things. It's pretty awesome that Adam was riding around on those days we had crazy amounts of rain and snow and it's encouraging that the wheel didn't have any major issues after that.

I would call having to replace the bearings (or the whole motor) as a major issue though. I really hope the new style bearing fixes that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I would call having to replace the bearings (or the whole motor) as a major issue though. I really hope the new style bearing fixes that.

Idk in my opinion bearings aren't as big of a deal as a battery/motherboard/electronics issue. To me it's more of an inconvenience, however I'm pretty adept in the garage and I can swap the bearings out in about an hour. But having a blown board or failing batteries is a different story. Plus the replacement bearings are like $30 USD. It sucks that they went bad but I'd prefer that over the other options any day.

• Upvote 2

The bearings became rusted after he rode on salted roads.

I am surprised that the Sherman did not degrade even more after he rode on salted roads. The pedal did become more difficult to go up and down, but it wasn't rusted solid. My bicycles, scooters, and my 125cc motorcycle, were never the same after riding on salted roads.

He complained about not having car like durability in winter usage, and at the same time he complained about the MSRP.

I guess what he is saying is that he wants the premium quality and functionality, but he doesn't really want to paid for it.

There is always the Commander Pro. Gotway/Begode is right there to catch these types of customers. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The no bridge between forks, possible long term out of alignment, might be the most problematic.

Even Wrongway admitted he was abusing the his Sherman-S demo, and it stood up to the misuse. Time will tell, of course. But it is looking good so far. For my own use case, it looks very promising. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm still optimistic about the wheel and excited for my S when it comes in. Most of the stuff Adam did in his video I have no intention of doing (riding in the snow/rain, jumps, etc) and I will just be cruising around on it on sunny days. My Batch 2 wheel should, in theory, be quite durable for my use. 

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I'm surprised how well the magnesium alloys parts have held up so far. This is a first batch, first go with this alloy in the Electric Wheel World, and no one has complained about cracked or fractured cases and pedals yet.

Especially since the magnesium alloy is used in structural parts, and the MSRP is still somewhat competitive. 

Gutsy move by LeaperKim. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Personally, I surprised how well the magnesium alloys parts have held up do far. This is a first batch, first go with this alloy in the Electric Wheel World, and no one has complained about cracked or fractured cases and pedals yet.

Especially since the magnesium alloy is used in structural parts, and the MSRP is still somewhat competitive. 

Gutsy move by LeaperKim. 

This is a huge plus in my mind because the cheap plastic on the OG sherman breaks easily and this new magnesium shells should last much, much longer without replacing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After watching the review. I'm happy to say that this wheels is "Meh"... If it was ~3000$ then yeah, it would be kinda good. But at ~4500$ it's best as "Meh".

China never fails to make subpar wheels. (Open your goddamn eyes and look at that wheel. You ducking hyped monkey.) Yes i called you a monkey, if you think that wheel is "great". <3

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Funky said:

After watching the review. I'm happy to say that this wheels is "Meh"... If it was ~3000$ then yeah, it would be kinda good. But at ~4500$ it's best as "Meh".

China never fails to make subpar wheels. (Open your goddamn eyes and look at that wheel. You ducking hyped monkey.) Yes i called you a monkey, if you think that wheel is "great". <3

Damnit, I am going to cancel my Sherman S pre-order now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1