Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

The difference in pedals is substantial. Like a wood floor to a concrete surface. Wood floor is easier on your feet and generally more comfortable.  It's a comfort shoe to a climbers boot. I was apprehensive at first to the plastic too. Now I want them on every wheel 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I have yet to buy pedals for an EUC, but seeing the complaints about the stock pedals this might be the time to get some good ones. I'd prefer CNC aluminum over nylon though 

I watch pretty much all of the YouTube videos from WrongWay and his preference is the NyloNove pedals.  Despite some recent muck slinging between WrongWay and Eevees which was a bad look for both sides, I still have a lot of respect for Adam as an experienced EUC rider that I could learn a lot from.  If he says that the NyloNove pedals feel really good to use and are in his opinion the best pedals you can get - how can I argue with that?  Until I've tried both types I just can't confidently say that I know better than one of the most experienced riders out there.  The NyloNove pedals offer a clear advantage in reduced weight, so that is one thing in their favour.  I'm curious about what it is that makes CNC aluminium pedals better than Poliamid 6 for EUC pedals as far as you are concerned.

I have a pair of NyloNove pedals with me now, all I need is a V12HT to fit them to.  They are these ones: https://hulaj.market/en/nylonove/249-nylonove-for-inmotion-v11-v12-with-angle-adjustment-overlays.html which offer angle adjustment as well as being lighter and having a slight shock absorbent ability.

Has anyone come across any comments from any rider that has bought NyloNove pedals and had decided that they don't like them?  I'd love to know if there is a counter point to what the NyloNove fans say about the pedals.

10 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I watch pretty much all of the YouTube videos from WrongWay and his preference is the NyloNove pedals.  Despite some recent muck slinging between WrongWay and Eevees which was a bad look for both sides, I still have a lot of respect for Adam as an experienced EUC rider that I could learn a lot from.  If he says that the NyloNove pedals feel really good to use and are in his opinion the best pedals you can get - how can I argue with that?  Until I've tried both types I just can't confidently say that I know better than one of the most experienced riders out there.  The NyloNove pedals offer a clear advantage in reduced weight, so that is one thing in their favour.  I'm curious about what it is that makes CNC aluminium pedals better than Poliamid 6 for EUC pedals as far as you are concerned.

I have a pair of NyloNove pedals with me now, all I need is a V12HT to fit them to.  They are these ones: https://hulaj.market/en/nylonove/249-nylonove-for-inmotion-v11-v12-with-angle-adjustment-overlays.html which offer angle adjustment as well as being lighter and having a slight shock absorbent ability.

Has anyone come across any comments from any rider that has bought NyloNove pedals and had decided that they don't like them?  I'd love to know if there is a counter point to what the NyloNove fans say about the pedals.

I just like how CNC aluminum looks lmao

The shock absorption alone is worth the upgrade for me. I came from Clark pedals on my Sherman Max. You really need to experience it for yourself . Both have good grip over the griptape stock pedals. It's the comfort that is noticeable. I have both and my big wimpy feet are happier with the Nylonove pedals . It just rides better everywhere 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

The shock absorption alone is worth the upgrade for me. I came from Clark pedals on my Sherman Max. You really need to experience it for yourself . Both have good grip over the griptape stock pedals. It's the comfort that is noticeable. I have both and my big wimpy feet are happier with the Nylonove pedals . It just rides better everywhere 

Yeah honestly I'll probably end up with them unless I can get some off brand CNC studded pedals off AliExpress for $100

8 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

??? They're my first choice now that I own two sets! I get the appeal of CNC, they were my first choice but there's machined from a block of aluminum and there's machined to finish a casting. The blocks of aluminum are pretty spendy because of tool time, with a casting there's less material to machine off. If you find inexpensive machined pedals, I wouldn't be totally confident they didn't start life as a casting.

Which isn't all bad, castings can be fine but they can also be sugar cookies. And a broken pedal will ruin your day, maybe more. It's just not the place I would try to save a buck. Or even a hundred. Pads, sure. Pedals, too important.

I'm all about finding a diamond in the rough. I will keep my eyes peeled for a nice set of CNC aluminum pedals. Hell, even if I end up paying $200+ I'd rather it be for a nice machined set of pedals than nylon. But thats me.

Edited by MrMonoWheel

2 hours ago, Jon Wall said:

I have Clark pedals (and pads & bumpers) on my RS.  When my V12HT arrives I'll put the NyloNove pedals on it and I'll get to feel how they compare.

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I just like how CNC aluminum looks lmao

Holding and looking at my new NyloNove pedals, compared to the Clark pedals on my RS - I'd say in person the NyloNove pedals look as good or maybe better.  When they've been scrapped up I'd think that the NyloNove pedals would look better than aluminium.

• Upvote 1

The Great Pedal Debate of 2022, how about we all just agree to disagree 🍻Or maybe I'll experiment with one CNC pedal and one Nylonove pedal on my Sherman S to help bridge the gap between the two camps.

On a serious note, I have the Begode CNC pedals on my Mten4 and I really like them although the Nylonove Pedals have peaked my interest and I may give them a try on the S. I don't need the version with the BITE tech and would just like a more standard shaped pedal. Maybe they will come out with one.

♥️

Edited by Clem604
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

The Great Pedal Debate of 2022, how about we all just agree to disagree 🍻Or maybe I'll experiment with one CNC pedal and one Nylonove pedal on my Sherman S to help bridge the gap between the two camps.

On a serious note, I have the Begode CNC pedals on my Mten4 and I really like them although the Nylonove Pedals have peaked my interest and I may give them a try on the S. I don't need the version with the BITE tech and would just like a more standard shaped pedal. Maybe they will come out with one.

♥️

I didn't even know until now that they don't have a standard pedal without the "bite tech" thing. I also don't care at all what pedals people use, nylonove is fantastic I never said it isn't. I'd just prefer aluminum 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I didn't even know until now that they don't have a standard pedal without the "bite tech" thing. I also don't care at all what pedals people use, nylonove is fantastic I never said it isn't. I'd just prefer aluminum 😂

Yeah they have the standard ones but none that are listed for the Sherman S currently .TBH I really like the Begode CNC pedals that I have. They're quite possibly the highest quality product that Begode makes 😅. With that said, unfortunately due to the way the pedals are mounted on the S installing the Begode pedals on it isn't possible otherwise I would just go with another set them.

2 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Yeah they have the standard ones but none that are listed for the Sherman S currently .TBH I really like the Begode CNC pedals that I have. They're quite possibly the highest quality product that Begode makes 😅. With that said, unfortunately due to the way the pedals are mounted on the S installing the Begode pedals on it isn't possible otherwise I would just go with another set them.

I have to agree, I've tested some of those pedals on other wheels and they are super nice. Honestly I'll probably think the stock pedals are just fine anyway 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I have to agree, I've tested some of those pedals on other wheels and they are super nice. Honestly I'll probably think the stock pedals are just fine anyway 😂

Any news on the arrival of your Sherman S? I'm excited for others to get theirs so I can live through them for a few months 😆. I bumped into Adam (Wrong Way) a few weeks ago and asked him what he thought of the suspension and thought that it's one of the best, if not the best, suspension designs out there (despite some of the issues on his). He told me does need to change out the 58lb spring on his S for the 62lbs, probably before he puts out his full review. I don't plan on doing some of the wilder stunts that he does but it's nice to know I could.

Edited by Clem604

31 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Any news on the arrival of your Sherman S? I'm excited for others to get theirs so I can live through them for a few months 😆. I bumped into Adam (Wrong Way) a few weeks ago and asked him what he thought of the suspension and thought that it's one of the best, if not the best, suspension designs out there (despite some of the issues on his). He told me does need to change out the 58lb spring on his S for the 62lbs, probably before he puts out his full review. I don't plan on doing some of the wilder stunts that he does but it's nice to know I could.

The last time the freight tracking updated it left the port of Hong Kong and is estimated to reach the port of long beach by the 31st. I've been trying to find which ship its on so I can watch it's progress but it seems to be impossible to find that data. After it reaches the port it's usually 2-4 days for customs and then another few days for delivery as I'm only like 150 miles from long beach.

• Like 1

Heres a question for you guys. I currently have a V11 and am upgrading to the Sherman S. I would like to also have a lighter more compact wheel for school and other stuff, so should I keep the V11 for that or pick up a V12? Theres a good deal on one in my local group.

35 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Maybe the other person is selling the V12.....because it has been through some s**t....... :P

Nah his V12 he got for his gf before they broke up, it has 90 miles on it. But yeah I will probably stick with the V11, its already here XD

• Like 1