Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

I have received a UPS tracking number as well as a "17Track" number. Obviously the UPS number won't show anything until the package is in the states, but 17Track is showing an expected arrival date of December 26th. Now I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I think its... Highly optimistic 😂

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I have received a UPS tracking number as well as a "17Track" number. Obviously the UPS number won't show anything until the package is in the states, but 17Track is showing an expected arrival date of December 26th. Now I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I think its... Highly optimistic 😂

Ho ho no! Let’s home Santa’s little helpers can get it to you earlier, in time for your rounds, lol!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

See I understand not wanting to read 38 pages (even though you could search the thread very easily with the search function). Ignoring the fact that a quick google search would give you this information, I realize that you absolutely do not want to put in a single ounce of effort as the weight of the EUC is in the very title of this thread. A title you had to have read at least 1 word of in order to click on and ask that question. 

Well for some reason I didn’t find it, probably not interested at 100ish lbs.

2 hours ago, Crab said:

Well for some reason I didn’t find it, probably not interested at 100ish lbs.

My 60 lb v11 seems like a toy. I look forward to throwing around a 97lb Sherman. I am 220 lbs and fairly fit.   I’m also pretty new to EUC so maybe I’ll learn better after the Sherman s. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Paulyd75 said:

My 60 lb v11 seems like a toy. I look forward to throwing around a 97lb Sherman. I am 220 lbs and fairly fit.   I’m also pretty new to EUC so maybe I’ll learn better after the Sherman s. 

I’m 180 so it’s more than half my weight!

32 minutes ago, Crab said:

I'm around 165 lb, trying to get down to 158 lb and I'm getting close now.  I don't see it as a problem, at least it isn't over 3x my weight like my motorcycle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I'm around 165 lb, trying to get down to 158 lb and I'm getting close now.  I don't see it as a problem, at least it isn't over 3x my weight like my motorcycle.

Congrats on losing the weight, I am on a similar path myself. Im 6ft tall and was 155lbs 5 years ago, I overshot it and now am 189. Trying to get to 175. 

1 hour ago, Paulyd75 said:

I started on the V11 and now it feels like a little toy I throw around on the trails/street. I dont see a 97lb sherman/110 v13 as a big deal, as its more of a vehicle to me vs transportation. Plus, you always get used to it. I used to have a 250cc WR250 supermoto and then got a kawasaki 636. Much heavier, more cumbersome bike but after a month of riding I was tossing it around like the bike before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crab said:

I'm probably 178lbs-180lbs myself with the SherMax that weighs 86lbs. I guess it depends how strong you are because the SherMax does not feel heavy to me when lifting. Adding another 10lbs with the Sherman-S is will be no problem with me, especially after conditioning to it. I see you have the 16X, which I also have, and I can lift that one arm no problem

Edited by BKW

3 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Im 6ft tall and was 155lbs 5 years ago, I overshot it and now am 189. Trying to get to 175.

Are you going to use the same line on your grand kids when the time comes? 😄

Should you follow through with your V13 preorder, that 189 lbs. can come handy. Just saying. 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

but after a month of riding I was tossing it around like the bike before.

I hear alot about this "it's too heavy" from people. I think I was one of em, long time ago.

But the biggest thing was not the weight of the wheel, but to get used to it. If you go that road, the mental blockade you build can become real barrier for you. You might not get to learn what they can do as you deny yourself "the process of learning something new". That in perspective, later on is the best part, the learning! Every new wheel you use has little difference how much weight you use to move it around, this finetunement takes time. But with lighter wheel we might be talking about few days difference in learning process to get a ride going.

I generally been starting to talk about "cruiser-wheels" as a term or category, and I usually just tell people that the only downside to em is that it might be harder to learn the first ride with em. I often also say they are best use on street. Not the best on trails but you can do some. Sherm-S might be that lil better on trails. Making it very interesting to see what people can do with it.

• Like 1

My point exactly, my buddy uses a ramp to load his into the car. The thought of throwing my back out lifting 100 lbs into the back of my truck is a no go.

Edited by Crab
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The issue is if/when you need to lift the wheel to your apartment, your car, any other stairs, to the workshop desk, etc. Or if you ride technical off-road. Getting used to helps a bit, but it will never remove the underlying issue of the wheel being too heavy.

For such use I would recommend: "Commuter models". These "Cruiser" type a wheels tend to be the one solution getting from A to B, usually not taking any other transportation. Like Bus, or load it in your truck. Some like it, they don't want to hop into bus, they just wanna ride. I would assume if you take the (for example)bus everyday it would be hard to think like this way: "I wanna ride everywhere!" Cruiser takes you, but you would need road that you can use.

I would assume they do not fit well to people who live in apartments with stairs, or just do not have any plans for "obstacle free movement". Like having a elevator in the house, or just anything that would help moving around.

A true marvel would be combination of cruiser and commuter wheel. Lightweight and long range is not a combo manufacturers haven't overcome, yet. I would still think carrying wheel in staircase would be somewhat a risk I do not want daily basis. Nor potential damage to the stairs on the long run, if material is for example: wood.

9 minutes ago, Crab said:

My point exactly, my buddy uses a ramp to load his into the car. The thought of throwing my back out lifting 100 lbs into the back of my truck is a no go.

Clever fella. Prolly comes handy loading dirt bikes in there too and what not.

Most European countries have for long time developed into direction that you could get to your locations without taking stairs or such. That means most highrise buildings are designed with ease of access in mind. You do not have to take stairs or cross obstacles. This is something that is not common everywhere, in every country or county.

---

My previous thought was about the ride itself, not the obstacles that you have in your personal environment. "Cruiser" is the category I would put this wheel. And again I my point was that you can learn to ride heavy wheel, and come to love it, alot. The mental "noway I will ever ride heavy wheel" is out there and stuck heavy in some of us. You need to make sure you have right wheel for right occasion. Taking a cruiser wheel to everywhere? Well I would imagine it could be like taking a dirtbike inside library, not a good fit everywhere.

• Like 1

The only time I have to lift any of my wheels is to get it in or out of my trunk. The other day I got some bags of cement together to see how heavy 100lbs is, and I didn't have any issue lifting it. When I first got my V11 I thought it was hard to lift in and out of my trunk but these days I just toss it in like it's nothing. Guess I just got used to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Unicycle Santa said:

The only time I have to lift any of my wheels is to get it in or out of my trunk. The other day I got some bags of cement together to see how heavy 100lbs is, and I didn't have any issue lifting it. When I first got my V11 I thought it was hard to lift in and out of my trunk but these days I just toss it in like it's nothing. Guess I just got used to it.

I agree. Whichever wheel I have, I eventually get used to carrying its weight. 

56 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

IMG_20221202_091459_877.thumb.jpg.582255deff9eda348c5a9ea855d35a15.jpg

2 year controller/motor warranty and 1.5 year battery warranty. I am even happier with my choice now. One thing though, historically how good is leaperkim at carrying out warranty claims?

Poke at Begode? or Inmotion?

Here's an update from Jason at eWheels regarding the Sherman S. Will update if I can get my hands on the quality report/videos he is referencing. Seems these bearings cost between $10 to $30 so not a big deal even if we have to replace them ourselves down the road.

IMG_20221202_120147_899.thumb.jpg.144ed77be683b3aa8dd5e227903cea38.jpg

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(bugfix img)
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, Unicycle Santa said:

Here's an update from Jason at eWheels regarding the Sherman S.

One would think that the US has the largest market for 97 lbs. wheels. There were 300 Sherman-S shipped worldwide. Of the additional 150 units that were ready to go, only 50 are now being shipped to the US without bearing swap, since eWheels has the exclusive distribution rights in the US. Where are the other 400 units going? I thought Europeans want mostly smaller wheels. Something is not adding up. Unless, it is implied that some of eWheels order was included in the 300. 

The other thing is Jason mentioned about a failure rate of 2 out of 300 for the bearings. But how many of that batch were used as demos. The ones that were shipped to customers cannot be included in the sample size because they were not used.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

It sounded like the online GT King store were going to be selling a fair few!

When I spoke to them, they said they were allocated only 40 units for the first batch. But I don't know which batch they are at now.

43 minutes ago, techyiam said:

When I spoke to them, they said they were allocated only 40 units for the first batch. But I don't know which batch they are at now.

They just shipped out their second batch, not sure how many are allocated in that one. Between GTKing and the 1-2 other major AliExpress EUC dealers, I could see it adding up. The more I sit on my decision to buy the Sherman the happier I get. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is batch 2 shipping now. Jason didn't get batch 1. It was a small batch