Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

a firmware update will be bumping the top speed up to 80kmh (50mph),

This could be interesting if it can be proven safe.

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

there is rumor that the free spin speed with no PWM limit is 136kmh. However it's for short bursts and only above 80% battery, but that's definitely an interesting development.

Nah, not for me. If I am that desperate for speed, I rather get a V13 or the Commander Pro / Ex30 / Master  X.

A wipeout at 80+ km/h in traffic will ruin your day.

If your are serious about 75+ km/h commuting, I think premium quality and generous safety margins will win the day.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

This could be interesting if it can be proven safe.

Nah, not for me. If I am that desperate for speed, I rather get a V13 or the Commander Pro / Ex30 / Master  X.

A wipeout at 80+ km/h in traffic will ruin your day.

If your are serious about 75+ km/h commuting, I think premium quality and generous safety margins win the day.

Oh I agree, I just find it interesting what they are able to make the wheel do. I'm already fully set on getting the v13, especially since I'm able to get it for $3,300usd after tax and shipping. Makes it very well worth it. At this point I'm just sticking around the threads to see how things develop.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Oh I agree, I just find it interesting what they are able to make the wheel do. I'm already fully set on getting the v13, especially since I'm able to get it for $3,300usd after tax and shipping. Makes it very well worth it. At this point I'm just sticking around the threads to see how things develop.

Is that site for the v13 legit? I tried contacting them through their contact us page but it returned an error.

3 minutes ago, buffs said:

who shall remain nameless?

Because, otherwise the Inmotion Factory Boys will come down on the distributor.

Remember the Sherman-s 11.11 sale at GT King Store, well they got shut down by Leaper Kim. Once word got out, it happened very soon afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might it be that the suspension lubricant gets a little less fluid in cold temperatures?

I read in the blurb re top speed, that the factory had been pretty conservative when setting the beeps on the S; someone got theirs up to 81km/h by ignoring them and pushing on past (not recommended!). I agree that if high speed and plenty of headroom is your main concern, one  may find this with the V13, Master - X or EX30, and now possibly the Commander Pro. Time will tell which will be the wise choice of those wheels, and how much safety margin each can deliver and for how long, battery percentage-wise. 

OTOH, anyone happy to tootle along at 70km/h or under (notwithstanding that it’s still going to be something of an incident as/when you come unstuck, but I digress) will fairly  soon have plenty of choice it seems, and then other qualities such as suspension ride quality/serviceability, residual value and a host of other design and safety aspects may become more or less important to each prospective buyer.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I enjoy watching this video. It was informative. The comparison interesting:  Master vs S22 vs Sherman-S. Hsiang gave a sun-hot glowing review to a modified S22.

Just watched it, and I agree with his sentiments. Its a shame he hasn't been able to test the V13 yet, however I'm pretty sure I know what he'd say. Fit and finish is excellent but it's too big/heavy and the suspension is subpar. Probably would still prefer the Sherman S, I would too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Probably would still prefer the Sherman S, I would too.

But how he raved about the modified S22, especially in low end acceleration (0 to 30 mph over the Sherman-S), it almost seemed like a later revision of the S22 can be a competitor. Kingsong needs to bring out an S23 Super Eagle, roller sliders, dust covers, and 3600 Wh battery as a contender to the Sherman-S. 

Yeah, people really like the Sherman-S, even the 120 lbs dude. 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

But how he raved about the modified S22, especially in low end acceleration (0 to 30 mph over the Sherman-S), it almost seemed like a later revision of the S22 can be a competitor. Kingsong needs to bring out an S23 Super Eagle, roller sliders, dust covers, and 3600 Wh battery as a contender to the Sherman-S. 

Yeah, people really like the Sherman-S, even the 120 lbs dude. 🙂

If kingsong made a 3200-3600wh S22 with the mentioned upgrades I would consider it, but the S22 already is kinda wide and makes you stand a bit bull-legged. Im not sure if adding even more battery would help that :D

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

If kingsong made a 3200-3600wh S22 with the mentioned upgrades I would consider it, but the S22 already is kinda wide and makes you stand a bit bull-legged. Im not sure if adding even more battery would help that :D

Good point.

Kingsong  needs to make the S23 narrower on top. Perhaps do a Sherman-S and make the battery boxes wider.

They can keep the 126 V motor drive system, but put in a 24 mosfet controller, durable roller sliders, dust covers for the sliders, and 3600 Wh battery. 

But the Sherman-S is so close. LeaperKim needs to be coming out with a 134V system soon.

25 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Good point.

Kingsong  needs to make the S23 narrower on top. Perhaps do a Sherman-S and make the battery boxes wider.

They can keep the 126 V motor drive system, but put in a 24 mosfet controller, durable roller sliders, dust covers for the sliders, and 3600 Wh battery. 

But the Sherman-S is so close. LeaperKim needs to be coming out with a 134V system soon.

According to Leaperkim they dont have any plans to develop or release anything greater than a 100v system, it seems they are on the side of "more voltage does not mean better". However with all wheels seemingly going to 126v+ it might end up being one of those situations where their choices are either to join and make a higher voltage wheel or look outdated and risk losing sales. 

I am still heavily torn between the V13 and Sherman S, I wish I could get a Sherman S size/suspension with the build quality of the V13. 

11 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

GT King told me that they received 20 wheels a couple of weeks back and sent them out to the first people that ordered.  My order wasn't quite that early, but they say that the factory is getting 30 more wheels out to them on Dec 7 and my order can be sent out when they arrive.

That was a pretty smoking deal from GT King, I remember seeing that. In Canada , and in the province I'm in, I would've saved a $901CAN over buying it from Eevees locally after paying customs duties and taxes. I opted to buy it from Eevees as I wanted the after sales support and servicing. If I lived in an area with low duties and taxes I would've jumped on that GT King deal for sure.

Edited by Clem604

1 hour ago, Mango said:

If you bought from GT King, you save on taxes, duties and customs.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. It's being shipped from China as a "product for personal use" which is exactly what the requirements are on being taxed on products according to the CBSA website. You can calculate the amount of taxes and duties on the website based on the type of product being shipped and it's giving me an estimate of:

GT King sale price around $4300CAN

Duty @13% = $559

Tax @12%= $583.08

This is specific for entry into BC, so the tax percentage may vary between provinces.

You can play around with it on the site 

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Edited by Clem604

10 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I'm not sure that's entirely true. It's being shipped from China as a "product for personal use" which is exactly what the requirements are on being taxed on products according to the CBSA website. You can calculate the amount of taxes and duties on the website based on the type of product being shipped and it's giving me an estimate of:

GT King sale price around $4300CAN

Duty @13% = $559

Tax @12%= $583.08

You can play around with it on the site 

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

I thought the same thing, but GTKing claims I will not be charged duty or tax. I will ask again now and post their response.

Edit: response was "Yes, friends, you just need to be patient and wait for the package to be delivered now, there is no extra charge"

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I thought the same thing, but GTKing claims I will not be charged duty or tax. I will ask again now and post their response.

Edit: response was "Yes, friends, you just need to be patient and wait for the package to be delivered now, there is no extra charge"

I don't think there is any way GT King can guarantee that there won't be any duty or taxes as they have no control over what happens when the wheel lands in it's destination country. I hope for people that ordered from GT King that they won't be taxed upon arrival but I'm skeptical, in Canada at least.

Edited by Clem604
  • Upvote 1

When I bought my og Sherman for $3800 cad through aliexpress, I was never charged for shipping, taxes, duties or customs. So I am not too concerned it will be different for the Sherman S.

• Like 2