Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

3 minutes ago, Alexutlang said:

I've owned the OG sherman and the max I think I'm familiar with it's tire and motor sound. Sherman S is quieter at all speed. We have OG sherman and sherman max riders in the group. They compared it. RS on knobby tires is not as noisy as sherman

+1.

I know. That's what I was thinking. You actually own the wheels and have heard the sounds. To explain it may not be straightforward, but you have provided a valid data point.

21 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

I've owned the OG sherman and the max I think I'm familiar with it's tire and motor sound. Sherman S is quieter at all speed. We have OG sherman and sherman max riders in the group. They compared it. RS on knobby tires is not as noisy as sherman (I'm aware it's not the same tire brand). My point is something in the design or motor of old sherman that make it noisier compared to other wheels with similar tire.

I saw a short you put on YouTube where you mentioned you didn't like the Sherman S in the first 10km.  Do you still not like it?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

That was out of the box suspension settings. It was not stable above 60kph, cant correct my foot at high speed and can't ride seated. After adjusting the suspension, pedal angle to -2 and on medium mode it's much better now. No problem hitting above 80kph. Gps and screen speed is about 3-4kph off

Hi did you go 80 km/h with sherman S ... what he beeped at you is not dangerous you are in the 80% power out zone ??

3 hours ago, alex5454 said:

Hi did you go 80 km/h with sherman S ... what he beeped at you is not dangerous you are in the 80% power out zone ??

At full charge lift spin is 104kph on sherman S. I managed 85kph on sherman max with 100kph lift spin so I think 81kph on sherman S is fine.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XiJHesHmfm8?feature=share

5 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

At full charge lift spin is 104kph on sherman S. I managed 85kph on sherman max with 100kph lift spin so I think 81kph on sherman S is fine.

81 Km is definitely pushing in the red zone on a Sherman Max. That's 50mph. I've done 47.5mph on mine when I had all the alarms and limits off. Then Jason informed me that wasn't a good idea. Now I have the limits set and never cross 45mph anymore 

81 Km is definitely pushing in the red zone on a Sherman Max. That's 50mph. I've done 47.5mph on mine when I had all the alarms and limits off. Then Jason informed me that wasn't a good idea. Now I have the limits set and never cross 45mph anymore 

Hi guys, I also tried 50 mph / 80km/H about 1 time on abrams with full battery but they told me it's not good once it enters 80% power Out ... you don't know what awaits you ... even just a pothole or bump could screw you over

Edited by alex5454

17 hours ago, alex5454 said:

Hi guys, I also tried 50 mph / 80km/H about 1 time on abrams with full battery but they told me it's not good once it enters 80% power Out ... you don't know what awaits you ... even just a pothole or bump could screw you over

You can't compare 2700wh to 3600wh 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

New EcoDrift article (after the disassembly article/video came first) with some niiiiice pictures of the Sherman-S. This wheel does look sexy! Better in reality than the renders. Mmmmmmmmmmh I want one now. (Crying about the expected price.)

Original: https://ecodrift.ru/2022/11/22/veteran-sherman-s-vneshnij-vid-i-pervye-vpechatleniya/

Google Translate: https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/11/22/veteran-sherman-s-vneshnij-vid-i-pervye-vpechatleniya/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en

So another ride review where the suspension is not working well in cold weather. There prolly something lost in the translation:
"After half an hour of driving on snowy and muddy roads, the shock absorbers began to make additional sounds due to their pollution. But I think that this issue can be solved by relatively simple methods."

----------

So, yeah I wish they would have explained bit more or again lost in translation. But still this is good to know if you are planning winter use with it. We do use suspension in winter weather here in north, with other devices like cars, bicycles, what not. 

If I could have one upgrade, I would like to buy the sherman-S "winter-edition".

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

43kg.

Manufacturers might need to consider having grab points/handles at the base and top of the wheel, to enable lifting into a car.......if people are able to lift an awkwardly shaped 43kg wheel.

I know, that made me jump a bit too. To put that into context, thats getting on for the weight of two full size 160mm travel downhill eMTB's running full frame batteries and full power Bosch drivetrains.

I still want one though

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Planemo said:

To put that into context, thats getting on for the weight of two full size 160mm travel downhill eMTB's running full frame batteries and full power Bosch drivetrains.

Yeah, but do they have 3,600Wh between them?

I agree that it is a lot of weight and I'm hoping in future we will have solid state batteries that can provide 3,600Wh at several kilograms less weight.  But for today out of what is currently available, this is the wheel that I want to be riding.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Yeah, but do they have 3,600Wh between them?

Of course not, neither do the ebikes run 3500w motors. I was just using it to put it into context because EUC's are relatively small and some folk can't get their head around just how much they weigh for their diminutive size. I remember when I got my first wheel (V5F) it was the 1st wheel I had ever held and I was surprised at how much even that weighed. The Z10 was again an eye opener, thats got to be the heaviest wheel for it's size I have come across.

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

43kg.

Manufacturers might need to consider having grab points/handles at the base and top of the wheel, to enable lifting into a car.......if people are able to lift an awkwardly shaped 43kg wheel.

…Or riders could save their backs by investing around 25 of the local dollar/Euro/pound and buy a folding ramp…

Just because people make unboxing videos of their wheels with them lifting them out at some effort and no small danger of injury doesn’t mean you cannot simply cut the bottom box tape and lift the box over the wheel and box contents.

Your cat skinning method may vary…

B85AA7F3-633D-415F-BEC9-532C6247D9E7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Just because people make unboxing videos of their wheels with them lifting them out at some effort and no small danger of injury doesn’t mean you cannot simply cut the bottom box tape and lift the box over the wheel and box contents.

I know, right?! It really pains me to see people lift a 30+ kg wheel out of a 0.5kg cardboard box. And if it’s double packed, they even do it twice!

Not everything has to be optimized, but dang… Some things do!

97lbs is something I could handle, even in NYC where stairs are more prevalent. It's heavy, but I'll get used to it, just like I did my SherMax, which I don't really think about the weight anymore

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 2:52 AM, Dmitry Ya said:

Who bought on sale from GT King, have you had your package shipped yet?

I had a preorder that I cancelled in favor of the v13, but while I had the Sherman S order they said it's most likely going to be another couple weeks before they ship out from GTKing.

Edit: seller didn't cancel the preorder so I've decided to just see what happens (for now).

Regarding updates on the Sherman S, the telegram group has gotten word that a firmware update will be bumping the top speed up to 80kmh (50mph), and there is rumor that the free spin speed with no PWM limit is 136kmh. However it's for short bursts and only above 80% battery, but that's definitely an interesting development.

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 2