Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

How did you manage to get a lower price? Did you negotiate with the seller?

Do you know how much it would have been, if you had selected regular shipping instead? Thanks.

Order price just came out like that. No communication with seller prior. Regular and express shipping options were both free, so I selected express.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mango said:

Order price just came out like that. No communication with seller prior. Regular and express shipping options were both free, so I selected express.

Idk how you got different shipping options, when I placed the order for the Sherman S through GTKing it only had the one free option (I'm not complaining though, for a second batch Sherman S at 3200 bucks I'll wait half a year if I have to).

Edit: I just went in and looked at how it works with a hypothetical v13 order, turns out I just completely missed it while checking out. I contacted the seller to see if they can change it.

Edit 2: upon speaking to the seller, he said that the multiple shipping options with the different speeds is just an AliExpress promotional thing and all packages are still going to be sent using the same method which will take approximately 2 months from ship date.

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Here is more off road footage. Is going backwards on trails a "thing" now?

Only when video is played in reverse. 😉

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm starting to think the only "unhappy" aspect of this wheel will be the price:efefd0f676:

No way, man. OK, maybe if you can't wrench your own, or you're not the patient type.

Aliexpress.com during Nov. 11 sale! That the ticket.

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

Linnea Lin of Veteran/Leaperkim posted this video on Facebook, of the battery packs getting silicone applied by machine for the production versions: https://www.facebook.com/linnea.lin.14/videos/355893463398385/

Also looks like a cover will be fitted over the battery cables near the pedal mount portion of the housing!

That makes the packs look much more finished with that simple cover piece. We'll done

• Like 1

I don't think the battery case construction is great and that wire in the bottom is a bit concerning it needs to be better protected IMO.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm starting to think the only "unhappy" aspect of this wheel will be the price:efefd0f676:

If I was paying full price ($4,200 for my country) I wouldn't buy it, but for $3200 shipped for a second batch I think that's the best deal I've ever seen.

15 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I think that's the best deal I've ever seen.

"When a deal seems to good to be true....."  I do hope it does work out for you.  I could not pull the trigger on it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

$3200 shipped for a second batch

You're willing to loan a faceless Alibaba vendor $3200 for 6mos? 

I'd be concerned that after the Ali protection window expires, you have zero recourse if they don't deliver. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

You're willing to loan a faceless Alibaba vendor $3200 for 6mos? 

I'd be concerned that after the Ali protection window expires, you have zero recourse if they don't deliver. 

Why 6 months ? Cant see this anywhere at this gtking store

26 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

That's not how AliExpress works though, AliExpress holds the money until goods received and even after goods received there is a 15 day period to open a dispute, so as long as you don't pay outside of Ali through bank transfer or some such.

On top of that, I paid through PayPal using an Amex card, both of which provide an additional layer of protection. I'm not concerned.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

there is a 15 day period to open a dispute

A long-term delivery (like "waiting for batch 2") is tricky because by default, the Ali Buyer Protection Timer is 90 days.
You need to stay diligent and manually extend it periodically, to ensure protection doesn't expire before the item arrives. It's a hassle, and you lose protection if you ignore it.

1. Timely extend the Buyer protection Timer. 
2. Open the dispute before or within 15 days following the finish of the order. 
3. Provide evidence to prove you didn’t get a parcel.
4. Reject fake offers of the seller. 
5. Regularly check the dispute status and provide answers if necessary. 
https://megabonus.com/en/blog/aliexpress-dispute-terms-changed/ 

Personal perspective:
I've had hassles with never-shipped items from AliExpress for low-value things (e.g.: MTen3 tire)... I can't imagine the headache of $3k on the line there. And I also had two ~$1k EUC purchases from AliExpress, shipped and arrived safely, without special instructions.

My suggestion is: only expect the things the seller is describing explicitly in the listing, and don't ask for any special handling or additional terms.

If you want to get in line for batch 2, place a refundable preorder directly with a reputable EUC vendor. The preorder amount will be cheaper, and you won't be relying on a middleman (Ali) to uphold the deal.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 3