Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

20 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Your bravery and pain benefits us all 

Ditto.

Having exposed to the Wonderful EUC World, I have discovered not only is there a steep learning curve for learning to ride, but there is also one to buy.

I am itching to buy a new wheel, but I am torn between buying a last year model (no suspension) , or risk it and buy a newly released wheel (with suspension) . After my last year purchase of the V12, I am kind of gun shy on the latter. I am just too green in buying first batch wheels. It is like picking up a project, but you have to pay full price for an incomplete, unfinished, defective lemon. Plus you have to do all the figuring out on disassembly, in addition to the usual long wait to get parts. Believe it or not, there are no service manuals for these suckers. It is insane if you think about it. But here we are. It is just that it is so tempting to try out the latest and greatest.  (Big slap! on the face.) OK, I am better now. Maybe I can tough it out, and wait out for a later batch.

🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Sherman S for $3,200usd on Aliexpress. Delivery Jan 2023.

Holly molly, only $4335 Cdn at GT King Store on www.aliexpress.com. Free shipping. The price has already factored in a 20% discount.

So tempting. But, but, first batch, basically no warranty, if it shows up.

Has anyone bought a wheel from GT King Store,

or on www.alibaba.com from

Shenzhen Yiyang Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, Dmitry Ya said:

I ordered my begode t4 from him, I like this seller, after I sold the wheel he put up all the parts I needed. Also the t4 has a stator crank, the seller has arranged with the factory to send me a new motor, all I have to do is pay the $80 shipping. I ordered a sherman-s from him today. 
I am using the translator, sorry if it is not accurate.

Thank you so much for reply. That is really good to hear.

And your translator worked great.

Did you buy from

GT King Store

or

Shenzhen Yiyang Intelligent Technology?

Thanks.

Edited by techyiam

2 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Damnnn I'm seeing the Sherman S from GT King store for $3,044 usd. I might actually have to take that deal.

There is a voice inside my head screaming at me, don't do it. It is a FIRST BATCH, only one real review, new controller, new motor, new suspension, new architecture, and from a seller on Aliexpress.com. Apparently, warranty parts can take 2 months to get. But the sale ends Nov. 12.

Temptation is strong. What to do?

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I have a feeling I will be right behind you. But, if I don't, thank you for being a pioneer and take one for the team.

damn... more than $1000 savings. i soooo want to pull that trigger. but im gonna wait **sigh**

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, evans036 said:

damn... more than $1000 savings. i soooo want to pull that trigger. but im gonna wait **sigh**

Come over to the Dark Side. Temptation is strong. Your resistance is futile.  (In Darth Vader Voice) 🙂

• Like 1

The way I see it is I had a pre order for a v13 and was very torn between the two wheels. I know there's only been one video so far, but that's all we have to work with. Based on that, the build quality of the Sherman along with the proper suspension, larger battery, lower weight, and slightly more compact size, I just needed a final push to go with the Sherman S. At 3200 it's a no brainer as long as you can handle the first batch stuff.

From what I've read the GTKing Store is good about communication and correcting issues, the only down side is shipping time. But I have a car, motorcycle, and a V11 to hold me over if the Sherman is down.

My main gripe about the Sherman was that it's a 100v instead of a 126-134v wheel. But for 3200 I can actually live with that, plus 100v 3600wh should get a shit ton more range than a 126v 3000wh.

Edited by Unicycle Santa
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

But for 3200 I can actually live with that, plus 100v 3600wh should get a shit ton more range than a 126v 3000wh.

It is great value to be sure, unless something crazy defects surface. Also, if we go back the the Abrams, and compare it to the S20/22 and even the T4, the Abrams wasn't worse. And the Abrams was all new. Also, production should not start until after feedback from EEVEES. 

I agree, the Sherman-S does seem to have a lot things right so far. 

True about range when compared to the Challenger. However, the Challenger does have some new tech that is interesting. 

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Also, production should not start until after feedback from EEVEES.

The guy at GT King Store (where i ordered my T4) told me he was receiving his first batch of Sherman-S this week. So these initial wheels most likely have been produced BEFORE any feedback from eevees.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, buffs said:

The guy at GT King Store (where i ordered my T4) told me he was receiving his first batch of Sherman-S this week. So these initial wheels most likely have been produced BEFORE any feedback from eevees.

Thank you, that is very valuable information. 

That means the trolley handle won't not be beefier. 

If you don't mind my asking, are you still happy with your T4 purchase from the GT King Store?

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind my asking, are you still happy with your T4 purchase from the GT King Store?

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, but I'd be even happier if they replaced my ZX motor. They are supposedly working with Begode to make it happen, but I'll believe it when I see it. Similar to the Sherman-S being offered at a nice discount, I got the T4 from them for $1900. If you get lucky and don't have major issues, these AliExpress merchants are great. But if you need quick service or have a significant problem, you'll wish you ordered local.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

experts in the field
there's no need for a wheel higher than 100v

Who said anything about need? 
This is about want 

For me, the problem statement is: "RS C38 is easy to overlean above 30mph"
Any practical solution is welcome. 134V is one good answer.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

Holly molly, only $4335 Cdn at GT King Store on www.aliexpress.com. Free shipping. The price has already factored in a 20% discount.

So tempting. But, but, first batch, basically no warranty, if it shows up.

Has anyone bought a wheel from GT King Store,

Damn, I've been looking at the wheel on Wheel Riders Store (I bought my Mantis Pro and my RS from them), but GT King Store is NZ$1.5k cheaper, same estimated delivery time.  That is a really good price.

I haven't ordered one yet, but I did just see myself transferring some money from one account to another, I don't think I trust myself to not put an order through today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Damn, I've been looking at the wheel on Wheel Riders Store (I bought my Mantis Pro and my RS from them), but GT King Store is NZ$1.5k cheaper, same estimated delivery time.  That is a really good price.

I haven't ordered one yet, but I did just see myself transferring some money from one account to another, I don't think I trust myself to not put an order through today.

I know. It is reall hard to resist. That a big saving. And it's one of the top choice wheels anyway. And regarding first batch issues, no one knows for sure which one will be better but Sherman-S is not a Begode, it's a Veteran. That's a big positive for first batch.

As for GT King Store, we have a couple members who have good purchasing experience with them. Granted warranty parts will take time, and major issues would need even more patience.

To be or not be a beta tester.

But at least, by going this route, one can get it at a discounted price.

32 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Who said anything about need? 
This is about want 

For me, the problem statement is: "RS C38 is easy to overlean above 30mph"
Any practical solution is welcome. 134V is one good answer.

Hey I'm just quoting the eevees guys/Jason. I agree 134v is sweet as hell, but im curious about the range/efficiency tradeoff as wheels get higher voltage.

Edited by Unicycle Santa