Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

8 hours ago, Daniel Clopton said:

It's actually really good to see the low speed characteristics of this wheel in an urban environment. As someone who lives in a big city, I spend a good portion of my time riding slow and weaving through pedestrians. It looks like this wheel would handle that kind of riding well. Especially compared to the Master Pro, which is the only other real long range suspension wheel candidate right now. I can't really count the V13 in that category for me since I've decided that 3.5kWh and higher is what I want for my next wheel.

But for the other 98% of riders, why is he riding so slow! Worst showcase of a wheel I’ve seen, totally useless for me.

We’re almost certainly going to be appraised of the higher speed aspects by the influencers any time soon now, we already have Leaperkim’s claimed %  performance gains, and the usual suspects be putting much if not all of that to the test. Already we’re getting a flavour of the build quality, and I’d personally be very surprised if they haven’t built on the already proven Sherman design and not so much toward another Abrams.     Looks can deceive for sure, but I was personally impressed and reassured by the aspects of wiring layout, and teardown-ability in the EVEE’s first peek. Of course, it has to deliver in terms of performance within its class, and that’s what we will hopefully be able to determine via our trusted influencers (not all are🤔) and shortly.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fbhb said:

Another quick peek from the guys at eevee's:

Crap back lights confirmed, exactly what we feared when first informed about “laser” lights

At least the suspension looks good 🙂

When will euc manufacturing companies finally take lighting seriously? The taillight looks like a cheap department store clip on bycicle light . I expected the trolly handle as such

On 10/27/2022 at 7:22 AM, Mango said:

I leaped at the OG Sherman (owned the 40th Sherman off the factory line, beautiful wheel), passed on the Abrams because Abrams, and I'm going to pass on the S until they come out with a higher voltage version. 100v is a misstep for Leaperkim.

However, the form factor and build quality look absolutely amazing. Would buy if I didn't already own a Master.

I agree... 100V might be a misstep, but it has been a reliable system for their build experience. I can trust their 100V system over S22 126V system.

Hopefully, they will come out with a 126V system with similar battery setup (3600WH = 100V x 36ah,  3600WH = 126V x 28.5ah... I hope my math is correct). I don't want anymore weight. My OG Sherman will be my lightest wheel. This is crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

Me too.  I just asked ewheels to switch my Master pre order to the Sherman S.

Main reason - I don't ride over 35mph ever.  I actually rarely go over 30.  100v is all I need.  I need quality, reliability and something that's easy to maintain...... not something that can do 55mph.

Same. I rarely go much more than mid-30's in the city. I don't have the desire to go much faster either. Reliability, range and durability are far more important than 50+mph for me.

What worries me about this wheel is that broken parts probably are going to be VERY expensive considering the magnesium shelling, complicated seat/handle mechanism, etc. My main gripe with the Sherman is the trolley and and how it breaks all the time, and that's fairly expensive just considering the rails and cheap, CHEAPPPP handle they have, so looking at the upgraded parts on the Sherman-S is going to be even more expensive I think. The Inmotion V13 looks more durable even than the Sherman-S because things are more compact, which means less replacements. If I have to spend 200 dollars every month or two for a new trolley handle, or a few hundred dollars for a magnesium shell replacement, that'll put a damper on things, for sure

Edited by ETAonTheEUC

Speaking of euc addicts, Duf claims after 45 seconds of contemplation, he placed a preorder on the Sherman-S with EEVEES, after watching some of EEVEES review video on the Sherman-S.

He is still trying to sell his OG Sherman, will be selling his V12, and the EX20S that he rode for all of about 6 times. He is keeping his T4 and S22.

He said he will skip the V13, now that he will be getting the Sherman-S.

And he keeps remindering us that he has no time to ride euc's nowadays.

But that fact does not affect his euc purchasing habit.

No wonder some riders can afford to preorder and purchase 1st batches. They have a backup for a backup for a backup for a backup. :)

Edited by techyiam

This definitely looks like it could be my new wheel.  I am happy if my wheel can do 40mph safely (60kph would be enough), not too concerned about more than that as far as speed goes.  I'm interested in better stability than my RS has and suspension would improve comfort over the bumps.

I'll watch the in-depth videos Eevees are going to put out.  Hopefully they will lend the wheel to Adam so I can watch a Wrong Way! video or two on this wheel.

Anyone in NZ want to buy a Begode RS (High Speed) and/or a Kaabo Mantis Pro?  I'd be happy with my e-MTB + the Sherman-S.

Must say, that review is very enticing! My only issue though is the spring options... +/- 80kg, that just isn't enough.
Given eWheels typically rate wheels to 150kg it really seems a third option should be available.

The lower spring rate is probably optimised for something like 60kg - 80kg, but expecting the other to service everything from 80kg - 150kg just seems like too much of an ask. A third option seems a lot more sensible. Something like 60kg - 80kg, 80kg - 110kg, 110kg - 150kg.

I know most sellers typically list the "max load" on wheels as 120kg and I guess, if that's your limit, the two options are probably sufficient, however given eWheels seem to raise this limit (and to be honest, I've never really understood how they do it) offering a third option would be sensible. I warrant there probably aren't that many that will opt for the 110+kg option but if that's all there is keeping this wheel from "the heavies" than making it available seems a good thing to do: 😉

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Hyped! If given the option, I would have taken this over the SherMax any day. 98lbs isn't an issue for me personally. The trolley handle seems concerning since it's a part that tends to break a lot in general

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Speaking of euc addicts, Duf claims after 45 seconds of contemplation, he placed a preorder on the Sherman-S with EEVEES, after watching some of EEVEES review video on the Sherman-S.

He is still trying to sell his OG Sherman, will be selling his V12, and the EX20S that he rode for all of about 6 times. He is keeping his T4 and S22.

He said he will skip the V13, now that he will be getting the Sherman-S.

And he keeps remindering us that he has no time to ride euc's nowadays.

But that fact does not affect his euc purchasing habit.

No wonder some riders can afford to preorder and purchase 1st batches. They have a backup for a backup for a backup for a backup. :)

Guilty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

History repeats itself, people getting hyped up before the wheel is even released and putting in their pre-orders before we even know what the flaws are, I guess we're learning nothing. 😅

meanwhile, people spend 6 months trying to figure out if it'll go up a hill or not... let people have their fun

• Like 1

There is a saying: "Learn from other people's mistakes".

Not only do euc addicts don't learn from others mistakes, they don't learn from their own mistakes, over, and over, and over again. 

It's a free country, there is no EUC ANONYMOUS. People do what they want to do.

• Like 1