Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

That may be the case, it's unknown whether this setting is persistent (keeps the setting between power cycles) or if it reverts to off every time you power on the wheel. If the latter, then it is what you describe.

The V11 used to have a similar (forced) system that reset at each charge. Ride down to ~3.4V/cell, and the wheel required for you to stop and enable the low battery mode from the app which then got you down to the more normal 3.15V.

The stopping requirement was sudden and abrupt, and got a lot of bad feedback, so they made it an optional setting that would be remembered after a charge. I haven’t explored on the exact current behavior, I just use the mode that lets me ride all the way down to 3.15V. And I would probably use the lower mode on the ShermS as well, since I’m used to babying the power usage at low battery. If I’d buy myself the ShermS that is, which I’m not, due to the weight.

4 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

WALK

The horror! I have a related story: once I automatically leaned and was first confused and then a little indignant to find out I had taken a step to not fall over, and then had to use my legs to WALK, because there was no EUC there like my subconsciousness expected. You realize how awfully slow walking is then.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, dycus said:

Demonstrated in a Telegram video (https://t.me/veteranUS/46693), the Sherman S has a "backup battery mode" that can be enabled in the settings. When off, the low-voltage warning comes on at 78V (3.25V per cell), and tiltback at 75.6V (3.15V/cell), both same as before. But with backup battery mode enabled, the warning will then be at 72V (3.0V/cell) and tiltback at 69.6V (2.9V/cell).

I think it is great LeaperKim is giving owners this option.

But if you did not manage the 3600WH battery and ran it down that low, then it is just a reflection of other things that's not going right in life. OR if you rode so far to drain that battery, then rest and wait for Uber. I don't want to kill my battery forever or shorten the life span of the cells.

19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

How to change the shock absorber in Sherman Suspension.

Build quality looks very well thought out and solid IMO, despite the low-res video!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

How to change the shock absorber in Sherman Suspension.

https://www.facebook.com/100008019013231/videos/1165680637637578/

Those stanchions are huge! Should be great for durability. 

But I see the stanchion has line-of-sight to the spinning motor... Hmm. Avoid mud then. And perhaps a closeout could be retrofit.

I did see that the bodywork includes a small (removable?) panel above this area, hopefully they've planned for some manual access to allow flushing and cleaning.

AL9nZEVxy2xVgaqGYZkuzTSgSP35yRJlzfEvcb5s

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Should be great for durability. 

The internals looked sealed, and are wet lubricated. Compared to its competitors, it should be more durable and requires less maintenance.

31 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

But I see the stanchion has line-of-sight to the spinning motor... Hmm. Avoid mud then.

Can't be certain since inverted forks have been in use on dirt bikes for very long time now.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

Looks like the first properly built EUC. May even be truly water resistant provided the motor is equally well built and sealed.

It is still looking impressive, now we get to see more, especially if you also consider this is Leaper Kim's first attempt at suspension. It is looking more like an Audi, than a Hyundai, relatively speaking. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

I leaped at the OG Sherman (owned the 40th Sherman off the factory line, beautiful wheel), passed on the Abrams because Abrams, and I'm going to pass on the S until they come out with a higher voltage version. 100v is a misstep for Leaperkim.

However, the form factor and build quality look absolutely amazing. Would buy if I didn't already own a Master.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I leaped at the OG Sherman (owned the 40th Sherman off the factory line, beautiful wheel), passed on the Abrams because Abrams, and I'm going to pass on the S until they come out with a higher voltage version. 100v is a misstep for Leaperkim.

However, the form factor and build quality look absolutely amazing. Would buy if I didn't already own a Master.

I agree,  for the price I think the higher voltage is mandatory and I think its best to wait till they release the 134 or 126V version of this, its release is inevitable.

Edited by thendless

Jacopo Jacopo (Jacopo Lim) of Wheel Tech Store posted this Sherman-S video:

Edited by fbhb

46 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Jacopo Jacopo (Jacopo Lim) of Wheel Tech Store posted this Sherman-S video:

I'm having trouble figuring out if it's too wide or not. Also I agree with everyone saying they wish it was a 126 or 134v wheel, for this price it should be expected.

1 hour ago, Fuerte said:

Why the heck are they going SOOOOOO slow? That is hilariously slow.

It's actually really good to see the low speed characteristics of this wheel in an urban environment. As someone who lives in a big city, I spend a good portion of my time riding slow and weaving through pedestrians. It looks like this wheel would handle that kind of riding well. Especially compared to the Master Pro, which is the only other real long range suspension wheel candidate right now. I can't really count the V13 in that category for me since I've decided that 3.5kWh and higher is what I want for my next wheel.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Cultural points?

Curtious for the surrounding area? 

Maybe in that particular location euc's aren't well liked? Maybe they just weren't in any particular hurry and had all day to do it?

• Like 1