Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

Eevee's list of EUC's sorted by 'best selling'.

Doesn't seem to detail numbers.

Different release dates might affect the number of sales of models thus far.

The Sherman S, V13, Master Pro, are pre orders, and over $6k.

The S22 around $4k.

Maybe too much of a difference for comparison.

1 hour ago, Jon Wall said:

I don't understand why the S22 is even on the list. I guess because it has suspension. it is however  another good example of a rushed unproven wheel

For me it's in a category with the Veteran Abrams . Questionable reliability, hit and miss trust. Plaqued with problems. I wouldn't touch either one.

I've had varius cutouts as many have and it's hard to ever fully trust after that.     Apologies for the rant

the s20 took a while to come out. the hype was huge and the delay to release the s20 didn't seem to help it's issues

• Upvote 1

I predicted the S22 fustercluck of a rollout back in the early days, and told people with stars in their eyes to wait until all the critical problems get fixed. This is karma burning KS in the ass for jumping from 84v to 12v6 without trial by fire of 100v systems. All sizzle and no steak.

S22 will likely be a "buy" purchase for summer 2023, and will become as beloved and obsolete by then as was the 16x rollout.

• Like 1

This is awesome. We are in the front row and on stage witnessing the birth of a "new" industry taking shape. The trial and error for EUC suspensions. The unspoken leap into modular design and possible battery pack swap (Begode is only a few steps away). I'm thinking in a couple of years, we might define what we all consider as the limits of top speeds without government determining for us and weight of EUC to be transportable when not riding. Exciting times

• Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, MrMonoWheel said:

Honestly now that it's been shown possible to use a motorcycle-esq suspension system on an EUC I would call this the new standard. Minimal parts, very little exposed to dirt/water, and compact. If this first attempt doesn't have the best long term durability due to lateral forces or whatever I'm sure the industry will improve upon the design to make something that does work.

The quotation I made was about the ‘is going to cut it’  versus the more likely meant ‘is ‘not’ going to cut it (ie to fall short of the mark), which is what I believe was the ‘imagined’ or ‘meant’ gist of the statement, but I do wholly agree with the sentiment you express re the new standard in EUC suspension.     It’s not that often that a ‘game-changing’ innovation comes along, but I do believe that, much like the original Sherman being recognised as a proper, grown-up ‘design classic’,  the S-S will eventually be seen as another milestone in EUC development delivered (again) by Leaperkim.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

The quotation I made was about the ‘is going to cut it’  versus the more likely meant ‘is ‘not’ going to cut it (ie to fall short of the mark), which is what I believe was the ‘imagined’ or ‘meant’ gist of the statement, but I do wholly agree with the sentiment you express re the new standard in EUC suspension.     It’s not that often that a ‘game-changing’ innovation comes along, but I do believe that, much like the original Sherman being recognised as a proper, grown-up ‘design classic’,  the S-S will eventually be seen as another milestone in EUC development delivered (again) by Leaperkim.

wasn't the s22 seen as the same way with its suspension... until the Sherman-S came out?

On 12/14/2022 at 10:03 PM, Tawpie said:

Having a 2200 Wh wheel in there with the pavement eaters is a little like asking which pickup you prefer, and your choices are three full sized trucks and a Ford Ranger.

HEY NOW! Don't go bashing the Ranger. :D A couple versions were kinda iconic, looks-wise. And I've seen them turned into some tough little bad-asses. Yeah, can't carry a full sheet of plywood flat, or anybody fat, or taller than 6 feet, and yes, some EUCs have more HP than the stock engine... but :eff034a94a:...

:D

• Like 1

Just saw this on youtube. Looks like they massively improved the laser diodes in the coming batches of sherman S. Its almost concerning how bright these things are. I dont see myself having them turned on ever but I wonder if this would be a warranty part for those of us that got first batches with shitty lasers?

• Like 1

the lasers seem like the most gimmicky feature ever provided on an EUC. what's their purpose? you can easily see the brake light from behind and at a distance, but the lasers are directed at the ground, just behind the wheel. who will see these lights? what additional safety is provided? i don't get it.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, buffs said:

the lasers seem like the most gimmicky feature ever provided on an EUC. what's their purpose? you can easily see the brake light from behind and at a distance, but the lasers are directed at the ground, just behind the wheel. who will see these lights? what additional safety is provided? i don't get it.

Every company is always trying to add things to make their product just that much more unique. This one isnt a great addition and i will probably open the light up and swap the laser diodes out with bright red LEDs but at least they are trying something interesting 

I do not see the point of making the adjusters any larger. And do they still fit when the preload is cranked up? Seems like a uunnecessary farkle,trinket, decoration 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Good stuff! I can't wait to see a proper critical review and teardown by wrongway. 

Me too.

I am finding out that in one of the battery packs, although the fuse box has a gasket for the cover, they neglected to seal the holes that the cables pass through. In automotive, there would be slot made in the box for a cable to come through, but there would be a matching grommet molded on the cable jacket. On the Abrams, and like many other electric wheels, they just make a hole for the cable to pass through, and that's that. Water ingress be damned. However, for the Abrams, it is supposedly be IP rated, so there should at least be some sealant for the holes. Well, they missed it for one of two battery packs.  

I would like to see a teardown to see whether Leapkim has improved their QC.

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Me too.

I am finding out that in one of the battery packs, although the fuse box has a gasket for the cover, they neglected to seal the holes that the cables pass through. In automotive, there would be slot made in the box for a cable to come through, but there would be a matching grommet molded on the cable jacket. On the Abrams, and like many other electric wheels, they just make a hole for the cable to pass through, and that's that. Water ingress be damned. However, for the Abrams, it is supposedly be IP rated, so there should at least be some sealant for the holes. Well, they missed it for one of two battery packs.  

I would like to see a teardown to see whether Leapkim has improved their QC.

Yep that's why I plan on fully tearing my new wheel down before I even ride it. I'm going to find everything that needs sealing and add some good silicone and grommets, threadlock all the screws and bolts, then properly torque everything. I also think I will fill all the voids in the battery cases with expanding foam or something similar, definitely couldn't hurt.

• Like 1