Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

The $481 difference from Ewheels to Alibaba is a no Brainer for me. The added customer service from a good dealer that I  regularly communicate with is easily worth the couple extra bucks. The dealer has far more problem solving power  than 1 person on a single sale

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Jon Wall I totally agree, plus you may have import duty and other tax to pay on top. The info is useful to know availability and shipping times.  I would always buy from a reputable local dealer especially with first generation wheels, although I would never buy one of those. Its also nice to support local business too; we all need to make a living.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

@Jon Wall I totally agree, plus you may have import duty and other tax to pay on top. The info is useful to know availability and shipping times.  I would always buy from a reputable local dealer especially with first generation wheels, although I would never buy one of those. Its also nice to support local business too; we all need to make a living.

I see a discordance between what eevees said and those aliexpress vendor dates. If true, there is no way they could ship them so fast, since final design was not yet decided. 

Edited by Paul g

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

I see a discordance between what eevees said and those aliexpress vendor dates. If true, there is no way they could ship them so fast, since final design was not yet decided. 

image.png.54da50168ba99d6a08c71816dd751fba.png

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

So much to like about this wheel but.... why do we still have such a wimpy brake light? Can't we finally ditch the turn feature and have a more automotive quallity brake light? Maybe it is good and just doesn't show up well on camera? We'll see 

• Like 1

Haha. Yes ofcourse, Lazers. 

I just think for the money spent, the lights could be SAE and DOT level on all ne model euc's.  Even the cheapest $1599  entry level  scooter with a plate on it ,that comes through my shop has DOT lights on it. A $4000 plus euc doesn't?

A headlight with a clean horizon shutoff and a bright taillight/ brakelight I think should be the baseline 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

Haha. Yes ofcourse, Lazers. 

I just think for the money spent, the lights could be SAE and DOT level on all ne model euc's.  Even the cheapest $1599  entry level  scooter with a plate on it ,that comes through my shop has DOT lights on it. A $4000 plus euc doesn't?

A headlight with a clean horizon shutoff and a bright taillight/ brakelight I think should be the baseline 

To be heard by EUC producers that take their responsibilities too lightly. We have laws in the west, it is not like in China, you must build compliant EUCs.

If you ask me, I am really upset by the fact the local resellers don’t do more to put the foot in the door and ask them explicitly to send only compliant products with equivalent speed transportation vehicles, namely bicycles, scooters and motorcycles, as said.

In this regard I would refer to @eevees here, that at this stage seem to have a word to say. Please guys, ask LeaperKim to fit Sherman S with compliant lights and also not produce it with lead laced plastics.

At this moment the EUCs are not legalised or specified in many countries traffic rules and regulations, but that doesn’t mean everyone should do as it pleases. We all want EUCs to be legalised and recognised by our governments as an important non polluting way of transportation and manufacturing these devices without any regard to laws puts this dream in danger.

Last year, before Christmas, we had in UK some e-scooter fires on trains. The result was that they made e-scooters, EUCs, electric skateboards, and onewheels illegal on all common transportation. There is a fine of £1000 for noncompliance and they can confiscate your electric vehicle on the spot.

So I don’t see against who this attitude works, beside us, those who use them in the first place.

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

send only compliant products with equivalent speed transportation vehicles, namely bicycles, scooters and motorcycles, as said.

Then we'd have nothing. Nothing at all. Might not even have shoes because they melt if you walk on coals. And they can give you blisters that become infections that result in loss of limbs or even life.

Edited by Tawpie

Wasn't my intention to upset anyone about the lights.  I have 7 euc's here now and none of them have acceptable lights .I  just would like Veteran as a premium manufacturer to take lighting more seriously. Even my Sherman Max has subpar lights . Headlight has to narrow of beam with no horizontal shut off. Taillight is comparable to a old 6v taillight from 1960. ....  the plastic with lead was  a mis translation according to Ewheels 

• Like 2

The easy solution is to affix lighting appropriate to your needs. It may be best not to hold one’s breath for an industry-busting development in this somewhat ‘variable’ aspect. Those who eg run offroad at night have quite different lighting requirements than those who mingle with oncoming traffic, or indeed run with traffic; the positive aspect of Leaperkim designs is that it’s simple to improvise and fix additional lighting as required. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. The Begode EX30 seems to be a step forward, though aesthetically speaking it is a bit ‘Bauhaus’ for some tastes.

Edited by Freeforester

1 hour ago, Jon Wall said:

Wasn't my intention to upset anyone about the lights.  I have 7 euc's here now and none of them have acceptable lights .I  just would like Veteran as a premium manufacturer to take lighting more seriously. Even my Sherman Max has subpar lights . Headlight has to narrow of beam with no horizontal shut off. Taillight is comparable to a old 6v taillight from 1960. ....  the plastic with lead was  a mis translation according to Ewheels 

Thanks for the information about lead, I hope is real. And I’m not upset on you at all, I am frustrated though on EUC producers because they don’t take their job seriously. Their attitude is like they make toys. These are a mode of transportation, they go on the road and they need to be safe.

11 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

The easy solution is to affix lighting appropriate to your needs. It may be best not to hold one’s breath for an industry-busting development in this somewhat ‘variable’ aspect. Those who eg run offroad at night have quite different lighting requirements than those who mingle with oncoming traffic, or indeed run with traffic; the positive aspect of Leaperkim designs is that it’s simple to improvise and fix additional lighting as required. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. The Begode EX30 seems to be a step forward, though aesthetically speaking it is a bit ‘Bauhaus’ for some tastes.

Sorry about this, but I disagree. The laws require some minimum standards for light and that is for everyone’s safety. Is not about what someone like or not. You don’t put whatever light you want on your car, or motorcycle, or moped. There is a standard for all types of transportation, according with their weight, speed and dimensions.

I’m sorry about saying that about @eevees. They’re very nice guys and they have enough issues themselves with the EUC producers if you listen to what they say in their videos

https://youtu.be/UpM9nGKmWZU?t=1423

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

Sorry about this, but I disagree. The laws require some minimum standards for light and that is for everyone’s safety. Is not about what someone like or not. You don’t put whatever light you want on your car, or motorcycle, or moped. There is a standard for all types of transportation, according with their weight, speed and dimensions.

Assuming euc's are officially legal in your area, euc's are usually cuppyholed with e-bikes and scooters. Those lighting requirements are usually not the same as for motorcycles. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

These ‘laws’ you mention - what exactly do they say about use of EUC’s in this, our sceptr’d isle, be it during daylight or afterwards?    

Come to think of it, your mention of transportation, and this put one in mind of those ‘good’ old “Ever Ready” bike lights of the ‘70s - inadequate? By today’s technological standards, perhaps, but unlawful?  Just as today’s 6000 plus lumens ‘trail-blazer’ lights may be somewhat ‘overkill’, albeit at the opposite end of the visibility spectrum, and arguably equally dangerous, there is little by way of actual prescription in Law for any given output of lighting for legal cycles, let alone unlawful Electric Unicycles (in this jurisdiction, at this point in time). These things remain a little ‘murky’.

What is it that they say about the laws of the land? For the guidance of the wise, and for strict observance by ‘others’?    It would be fair to say that at present the manufacturers are under no actual legislative nor regulatory pressure to ‘comply’ with these laws. 

Edited by Freeforester

It's  not that the headlight needs to be a million lumens 1000w craziness. It's about projecting the light to the needed viewing area without wasting any of it. This is done with quality optics. JWspeaker has a good explanation of this

• Upvote 1

I agree about having a headlight with a hard cutoff. I don't like blinding oncoming cyclists. Bike paths in my area get really dark at night, and oncoming headlights can cause people to not see hazards. I think most EUC lights (both front and rear) are only really good for being seen by others. The lights are too low to the ground to illuminate uneven terrain well without casting shadows, they are useless on a steep descents, the beam distance is too short on a steep accents, they blind oncoming traffic, and the light doesn't project into turns.

There is a solution for all these problems. Get a helmet light. I bought a Lumintop B01 for my helmet. It has a hard cutoff due to the downward facing LED and reflector. It only outputs 900 lumenax (turbo), but the beam is so well shaped that it's actually plenty of light. Couple the lower power consumption with a 21700 battery, and this light will run for hours on high. The best part is that I can have the beam where I'm looking at all times, and it only cost me about $50 total for the light and a descent GoPro mount. 

https://lumintop.com/product/b01/

Edited by Daniel Clopton

12 hours ago, Paul g said:

Their attitude is like they make toys

I hate to say it but compared to any motorcycle or traditional scooter EUC's are toys. Try putting your EUC next to one and you will see what I mean. To current manufacturers perhaps they are designed and meant to be used as toys its just we want them to be so much more. Slowly they are realising this but its probably very hard for a toy manufacture to become anything else easily.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Freeforester said:

These ‘laws’ you mention - what exactly do they say about use of EUC’s in this, our sceptr’d isle, be it during daylight or afterwards?    

Come to think of it, your mention of transportation, and this put one in mind of those ‘good’ old “Ever Ready” bike lights of the ‘70s - inadequate? By today’s technological standards, perhaps, but unlawful?  Just as today’s 6000 plus lumens ‘trail-blazer’ lights may be somewhat ‘overkill’, albeit at the opposite end of the visibility spectrum, and arguably equally dangerous, there is little by way of actual prescription in Law for any given output of lighting for legal cycles, let alone unlawful Electric Unicycles (in this jurisdiction, at this point in time). These things remain a little ‘murky’.

What is it that they say about the laws of the land? For the guidance of the wise, and for strict observance by ‘others’?    It would be fair to say that at present the manufacturers are under no actual legislative nor regulatory pressure to ‘comply’ with these laws. 

You must read what was said before if you really want to understand what I said, I don’t want to repeat my self now.

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I hate to say it but compared to any motorcycle or traditional scooter EUC's are toys. Try putting your EUC next to one and you will see what I mean. To current manufacturers perhaps they are designed and meant to be used as toys its just we want them to be so much more. Slowly they are realising this but its probably very hard for a toy manufacture to become anything else easily.

OK, let me laugh a little bit. When these things were not going faster then 15kmph they could be indeed considered toys more or less, and some people may have fond memories from those times 🙂.

At over 25kmph though (the average bicycle speed), they’re not toys anymore IMO.

So you say it’s hard for them to realise these are more than just toys 🧸, but is it EaSy for them to ask the multi thousand £,€,$, etc. price for them, hmm 🧐 ? And bear in mind these often cost a lot more then equivalent-speed mopeds, or scooters.

Edited by Paul g

7 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Depending on your personal situation you may be right. If you live on a farm then an EUC is just a novelty. I live in a city though. A motorcycle or scooter is subject to the same rules of the road as a car. On a motorcycle it used to take me upwards of 45 minutes to move five city blocks during rush hour. You could try lane splitting, or riding in the bike lane, but cops would ticket you for that.

On an EUC I can go from one end of the city to the other in under 15 minutes no matter the traffic conditions. If an EUC is just a toy, then so is my house and car since all three serve vital functions in my day to day life.

Edited by Daniel Clopton
  • Upvote 1